Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

52 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I’m also confused as to why so many people on this board really give a shit about Deion at Colorado and Colorado football.

You're confused about why people on a college football discussion board are discussing the year's biggest story in college football coaching? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I don’t know about the rest of the posters, but I’m interested in all things Deion. Except Aflac commercials

Never seen anything like him before and doubt we will again

He insisted on going with his agent to negotiate his first NFL contract. He read the contract, said “y’all must just want me returning punts” and walked out

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

You're confused about why people on a college football discussion board are discussing the year's biggest story in college football coaching? 

I’m more confused as to why Deion never apologized to me when he ran over my foot with his child’s stroller at Stonebriar Mall in Frisco back in 2001. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

I’m also confused as to why so many people on this board really give a shit about Deion at Colorado and Colorado football. Would this thread be 12 pages long if a coach from another low level conference took it? 

So I wouldn’t conflate vitriol with just disappointment. 

Really?

Because:

1) he's the best cover corner to ever play the game and a massive football celebrity

2) it's a Texas board and he won a Super Bowl with the Cowboys then went on to have one of the most hilarious and ridiculous public divorces in DFW while at the same time borderline defrauding people in Texas in a charter school scheme that he probably should have seen jail time over. All the while being a smug cunt about it and acting self righteous. 

That's why it's a big story.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I’m more confused as to why Deion never apologized to me when he ran over my foot with his child’s stroller at Stonebriar Mall in Frisco back in 2001. 

Deion only cares about smart, fast, tough, disciplined young men with character. 

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Wayne Gretzky, Magic Johnson, Bart Starr, Kevin McHale, Mike Singletary, Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, Isaiah Thomas, and a ton of others disagree. 

Great players almost never make good coaches. And if we're talking about executive/ownership as well then add Michael Jordan. 

It would be a statistical anomaly if Deion is successful. He was at Jackson St because that's close to the lowest level of college football and his name alone could attract enough of a talent disparity to not need to be a good coach to win. Now that isn't the case and we're going to find out if he's the real deal as a coach. The odds aren't on his side. 

Should we expect a guy named “hermanator” to be good at predicting CFB head coaching success?

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

I’m also confused as to why so many people on this board really give a shit about Deion at Colorado and Colorado football. Would this thread be 12 pages long if a coach from another low level conference took it? 

It is a great story.  It's Deion Sanders.  Prime Time.  A legendary football player that could play baseball, too.  Both on the same day. On the professional level.

Dude goes to JSU and revives the program.  He (and everyone else) knows if he does well he will be moving up to a bigger job.  

The bigger job has come with the drama of leaving JSU behind (he said he would leave on 60 Minutes if a better gig reared its head).  Bigger gig reared its head and he took the offer.  He ain't afeart.  Failure is apparently fleeting concept to the man. Bring on the next challenge. 

Meanwhile the SWAC and JSU are left in the cold.  "How could you, Coach Prime?" (after thinking to themselves "I wish a black man could get a fair shake in the white guy dominated HC profession.  But don't leave us!").  

The story is not CU football.  The story is about a supremely gifted athlete can no longer rely on his legs and physical ability that started his successful career arc (he's damn near crippled). He turns out to have a very gifted brain, salesman's bullshit,  the ability to motivate,  lop off heads, coach, manage, recruit and market. He's not a one dimensional and stereotypical former athlete.

I hated him at ATL and SF and loved him when he was a Cowboy.  I'm completely intrigued and I hope he kills it.  

And then the Longhorns stomp a mudhole in his squad when if they ever face off.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

This is why Emmitt is my favorite Cowboy. He bumped me from behind at Cowboy Cafe back in the day. When I turned to say something smart, I looked down and it was Emmitt. I couldn't say shit. I smiled, he smiled and apologized. Then bought me a replacement.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:
2 hours ago, Pancho said:

This is why Emmitt is my favorite Cowboy. He bumped me from behind at Cowboy Cafe back in the day. When I turned to say something smart, I looked down and it was Emmitt. I couldn't say shit. I smiled, he smiled and apologized. Then bought me a replacement.

All right, hoss, let's throttle back on talking shit about 22.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:
2 hours ago, Pancho said:

image.gif.15ad5169b6b3ce6b434a0d6fd20b1118.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Pancho said:

Regular season is over

Edited by redswingline

On 12/8/2022 at 10:34 AM, TreatyOak said:

What is interesting is that a lot of the most vitriolic hatred directed towards Primetime is coming from within the Black community. I'm not sure what to make of that. 

I think one thing it shows, quite clearly, is that jealousy & envy know no colors. 

I don’t really care if Sanders succeeds, or doesn’t. I think college football needs a bit more outspoken guys like him. It’s fun. He’s one of the greatest players of all-time and I like when former players turn into great coaches. It’s sure as shit more desirable than Nate Hackett in Denver, or Coach Andy’s jailed boy in K.C.

A fellow I knew in school, Teryl Austin is now the Steelers D.C. Austin was a DB when we were in school. Always a good guy. There should be more black coaches but, that also means that more former players must start off as grad assistants because not everyone is Coach Prime.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

That dude with his hands in his tan/grey shorts can’t be a player. Not with legs like those. Not even a kicker. 

Only linemen can get away with having legs like that with the in-bending knees due to their weight. But there is no way that is a lineman. My guess is training staff or GAs.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

At the basketball game 

he’s a under armor ambassador, cu has been a mike school for a long time

I'm aware of him hating Nike, but the school has a contract with them.  Can't imagine they'd let the head football coach wear non-Nike gear.  You have a picture?  All the video I've seen he's wearing a hoodie.

Edited by Chewbacca

5 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I'm aware of him hating Nike, but the school has a contract with them.  Can't imagine they'd let the head football coach wear non-Nike gear.  You have a picture?  All the video I've seen he's wearing a hoodie.

the talk is, he has to wear Nike gear on the sideline and press conferences only

25 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

UT has much more money and can’t come anywhere close to pulling this kind of talent 

This still doesn't even feel real to me.  CU has been so bad for so long that I can't believe the administration has finally gotten their heads out of their asses, and then they bring in Prime?  The list of kids he is targeting is sick.

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Loop 1604 said:

This is going to be a spectacular disaster and I’m here for it. 

Relaxed I Got This GIF by Utah State University

How much worse can it get?  Buffs were 1-11 last year and probably should have been 0-12.  The team was marshmallow soft and some of them said it was the most fun they've had playing football.  They were at rock bottom.  Only one way to go from here.

• Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

How much worse can it get?  Buffs were 1-11 last year and probably should have been 0-12.  The team was marshmallow soft and some of them said it was the most fun they've had playing football.  They were at rock bottom.  Only one way to go from here.

I can agree.

while prime cut, prime rib, prime number,  or prime whatever he’s called    Probly won’t be a disaster cuz in all honestly just gotta win 2 games next year to be better.

I like Deion and hope he does well. He has one prize in mind: an NFL HC gig.

Deion knew as a DB he wouldn’t get the money of a QB. He invented Prime to draw attention. Had a long career as the top shutdown corner ever. Solid TV analyst.

He wanted the TCU gig and others. Lack of experience hurts. And lots of folks aren’t comfortable with an outspoken black man. So JSU was a stepping stone and everyone should have known that. CU will be the next one. Next will be an nfl gig or a bigger school like an sec one.

4 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

That dude with his hands in his tan/grey shorts can’t be a player. Not with legs like those. Not even a kicker. 

4 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Only linemen can get away with having legs like that with the in-bending knees due to their weight. But there is no way that is a lineman. My guess is training staff or GAs.

If you push the little arrow and actually watch the damn video you'd see he says he's a punter like 5 seconds into it 

• Haha 2

I like Deion and hope he does well. He has one prize in mind: an NFL HC gig.

Deion knew as a DB he wouldn’t get the money of a QB. He invented Prime to draw attention. Had a long career as the top shutdown corner ever. Solid TV analyst.

He wanted the TCU gig and others. Lack of experience hurts. And lots of folks aren’t comfortable with an outspoken black man. So JSU was a stepping stone and everyone should have known that. CU will be the next one. Next will be an nfl gig or a bigger school like an sec one.

Pretty sure he’s on record several times saying he doesn’t want to coach in the NFL. Of course, power 5 has turned into that basically.

He’s an attention horse of the highest degree and he’s damn good at it. He took the Colorado job because, like someone said, it’s only up from there. He’s not going to be able to outtalent everyone like at JSU, but he can probably do it enough to go somewhere a little better.

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

Looking at their schedule next year, they've got 5 games against teams that had losing records this year (Nebraska, CSU, ASU, Arizona, Stanford) and Washington State, who won 7 games, all against schools with losing records. It wouldn't shock me with a big portal haul and some discipline that they could win 6 games and get bowl eligible next year. 

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Pretty sure he’s on record several times saying he doesn’t want to coach in the NFL. Of course, power 5 has turned into that basically.

He’s an attention horse of the highest degree and he’s damn good at it. He took the Colorado job because, like someone said, it’s only up from there. He’s not going to be able to outtalent everyone like at JSU, but he can probably do it enough to go somewhere a little better.

I don't think he's going to have to out-talent people, we just need CU's talent to at least be on par with (or better than) their opponents.  He's bringing in one hell of a staff.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Loop 1604 said:

This is going to be a spectacular disaster and I’m here for it. 

Relaxed I Got This GIF by Utah State University

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

It feels to me that the hype train is in overdrive that they can't live up to. Best coaches, best players evar! Most likely a massive improvement, but they aren't winning an MNC anytime soon. If he has any playoff success (as in making the playoffs and winning a few games after expanding to 12) he'll be off to the SEC anyway. If Prime wins a national title, it won't be at Colorado, it'll be post-CU.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, 'stache said:

It feels to me that the hype train is in overdrive that they can't live up to. Best coaches, best players evar! Most likely a massive improvement, but they aren't winning an MNC anytime soon. If he has any playoff success (as in making the playoffs and winning a few games after expanding to 12) he'll be off to the SEC anyway. If Prime wins a national title, it won't be at Colorado, it'll be post-CU.

If CU makes the playoff, I'll be over the moon.  We all know he's not staying forever.  But if he can be really good for 2-3 years, it can set CU up to keep that going.  Now that the administration is on board (which they have not been since they ran Barnett out of town), there's no reason CU can't compete nationally again.

• Hook 'Em 3