Coach Pop. Condolences on your loss

cactusflinthead

With deep regret the San Antonio Spurs announce that Erin Popovich, wife of Spurs Head Coach Gregg Popovich, passed away earlier today. Erin and Gregg were married for four decades and were blessed with two children and two grandchildren. 

"We mourn the loss of Erin," said Spurs General Manager RC Buford. "She was a strong, wonderful, kind, intelligent woman who provided love, support and humor to all of us."

The organization asks media to respect the family's privacy during this difficult time. 

"She had been ill over an extended period," ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reports.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/erin-popovich-wife-of-spurs-coach-gregg-popovich-dies-wednesday/

Forty years. I'd be a mess.

It’s awful. As tough as Pop is I can’t imagine dealing with this. Durant spoke out already in support of him, and you know the entire league will support him for the near future as well. I’m guessing he goes back out to coach by game 4.

I thought the way TNT handled it with LeBron was chicken shit crap.    That was some bush league journalism during the post game interview.   And then later during half time of the Rockets game, they doubled down and Ernie had to sell that shit as if LeBron was ready for the question.  

Total crap.  

• Like 1

I thought the way TNT handled it with LeBron was chicken shit crap.    That was some bush league journalism during the post game interview.   And then later during half time of the Rockets game, they doubled down and Ernie had to sell that shit as if LeBron was ready for the question.  

Total crap.  

100% agree

Total crap.  

Yeah that was a dick move.

7 hours ago, Longhorn Al said:

They say Lebron agreed off camera to address it.  If so, I don't really see a problem with it. 

After the game and before they interviewed him, you could see him talking to someone in the background and he had an odd look on his face.  I wasn't sure what that was all about, but what you posted here kind of makes sense.  When they interviewed him I thought it was pretty shitty, but maybe they did talk to him prior.