No, Mike Leach, YOU'RE awesome! [Pirates Last Voyage]

Parliament

• 3 months later...

Am I the only one here who thinks Mike Leach is a bit of a piece of shit? For every incredible, off-the-wall quote he drops in an interview, there's a few of him deflecting blame for his shortcomings and throwing his own players under buses. We love him so much when he's CFB's weird uncle talking about pirates, sasquatch, and aliens, so he gets off easy for being a terrible human being the other 90% of the time.

Coach Leach does “more with less” than just about any coach in the last two decades. Sure, he’s had some down years sprinkled in, but who hasn’t.

The SEC isn’t schemed to stop his offense, which that conference hasn’t really seen something like that since Spurrier was at Florida.

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

Am I the only one here who thinks Mike Leach is a bit of a piece of shit? For every incredible, off-the-wall quote he drops in an interview, there's a few of him deflecting blame for his shortcomings and throwing his own players under buses. We love him so much when he's CFB's weird uncle talking about pirates, sasquatch, and aliens, so he gets off easy for being a terrible human being the other 90% of the time.

Not the only one, but as Bum said, it don't take long to call the roll in your group.

Besides, you likely aren't taking into account that besides being a football coach, he's a lawyer.

You also aren't taking into account that he's not only a football coach and a lawyer, he's also a Mormon.

39 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

I think none of us care if he's a piece of shit or not because he's not Texas' coach and probably never will be.  But he's entertaining and is good for an upset or two per year and will probably smack Aggy down so we like him.  

I also seem to think he sort of has an old school coaching mentality where players should shut up and play and stop whining.  Which is why he works well at middle of the road schools.  He probably would never  be able to or want to deal with recruiting the high star players with huge egos.  My opinion. 

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

But he’s someone else’s POS, and good for some eyebrow raising quotes/shenanigans on the reg, so we’re entertained by him, especially when he punks aggy in the near future.  Also, we’re not getting punked by him so there’s that. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I think none of us care if he's a piece of shit or not because he's not Texas' coach and probably never will be.  But he's entertaining and is good for an upset or two per year and will probably smack Aggy down so we like him.  

I also seem to think he sort of has an old school coaching mentality where players should shut up and play and stop whining.  Which is why he works well at middle of the road schools.  He probably would never  be able to or want to deal with recruiting the high star players with huge egos.  My opinion. 

Also, he's a guy who's incapable of marching to anything except the beat of his own drum. He can't help but say exactly what's on his mind at any given moment in time--part of his charm, admittedly. Admins and boosters at Mississippi State and Washington State might put up with that to get 8-9 wins per season, but Alabama? USC? Texas? That shit wouldn't fly.

1 hour ago, touchthemonolith said:

yes4

We have a coach that has no problem throwing his players under the bus. Maybe not the the level of "Fat Little Girlfriends" . Yet today in the presser Tom refused to talk about what coaches did wrong even though he was directly asked the question. He went on and on about players not picking up on what they have been taught due to lack of time. Leach entertains us especially when he beats down Aggy and that is why he is awesome. Talking about POS things to do, I would think the Annabelle doll incident would be worse then calling out players that did not do their job in his eyes.

38 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

Also, he's a guy who's incapable of marching to anything except the beat of his own drum. He can't help but say exactly what's on his mind at any given moment in time--part of his charm, admittedly. Admins and boosters at Mississippi State and Washington State might put up with that to get 8-9 wins per season, but Alabama? USC? Texas? That shit wouldn't fly.

He’s perfect at a mid tier SEC school. He’ll keep them all on their toes.  

If we all have to stop and virtue signal who we think is a piece of shit, no one will get anything done!

He may be what you say, but on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the worst or shit) where do you rank him? And remember, you need to leave room for the Briles, Bundy, Hitler, CJK5H and Sanduskys of the world.

9 minutes ago, General Specific said:

If we all have to stop and virtue signal who we think is a piece of shit, no one will get anything done!

He may be what you say, but on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the worst or shit) where do you rank him? And remember, you need to leave room for the Briles, Bundy, Hitler, CJK5H and Sanduskys of the world.

You left off Dahmer, Mao, and Stoops.

Edited by Rockwell Torrey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

200.gif

Wow. It’s pretty easy to tell he has some disdain towards anything Texas the way he was rattling off other chain burgers

I’m a leach backer through and through and I just had a McDonald’s burger a few min ago. At no point did the thought cross my mind that it’s on the same level as whataburger.

Then new spicy nuggets weren’t bad tho.

3 hours ago, Goodman said:

Interested to see if how he recruits at State. He should be able to recruit speed, has a stud qb committed, can he recruit the LOS?

He's always done fairly well, if not over performed, developing OL talent. The defensive line talent he'll have access too from just the backwoods towns of Mississippi will out pace anything he could've ever hoped to have gotten at Tech or Washington St. 

• Hook 'Em 2

19 hours ago, touchthemonolith said:

Mike Leach is awesome and the world is a better place with him in it. I don't see any difference in his character flaws and those that all major college football coaches have. Name 10 successful P5 coaches that meet your criteria of not being a piece of shit.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

say what weird al yankovic GIF

He aint wrong, whataburger has taken a noticable dip in quality of both service and product lately. I don't like waiting 30 minutes at a drive thru to receive a substandard, straight up cold burger handed to me by some unkempt, gross looking fucker.

In n out at least is consistently good quality, and animal fries are the bomb.

Neither comes close to Dan's.

• Hook 'Em 1

He aint wrong, whataburger has taken a noticable dip in quality of both service and product lately. I don't like waiting 30 minutes at a drive thru to receive a substandard, straight up cold burger handed to me by some unkempt, gross looking fucker.

In n out at least is consistently good quality, and animal fries are the bomb.

Neither comes close to Dan's.

Someone told me Culver’s is really good.

In Austin I prefer Shake Shack over I&O and Whataburger these days.

I could tell the change when whattaburger sold out and went national. Here in SA the quality is still fairly high but you have you “good” and “bad” places. I have driven way further And drunker than I should have at 2am to get to the store at 410/Broadway. They are usually on their shit.

I could tell the change when whattaburger sold out and went national. Here in SA the quality is still fairly high but you have you “good” and “bad” places. I have driven way further And drunker than I should have at 2am to get to the store at 410/Broadway. They are usually on their shit.

Speaking of SA, know of any Birria places you’d recommend?

1 hour ago, Extra Anejo said:

Mike Leach is awesome and the world is a better place with him in it. I don't see any difference in his character flaws and those that all major college football coaches have. Name 10 successful P5 coaches that meet your criteria of not being a piece of shit.

This.  Not only is he not a piece of shit.  He's a national fucking treasure who tortures the aggys.  And fat little girlfriends.  So glad he's back in a conference that people are still awake for when they play.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, touchthemonolith said:

Did Mike Leach touchthepooty of touchthemonolith’s wife? Get off Leach’s back and enjoy him as an eccentric coach that adds to the overall college football world. 

22 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I take it back. Mike Leach seems like he’s retarded. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, touchthemonolith said:

winning flies.  'specially when it's unprecedented or an absolute turnaround, like at his last 2 stops.

Edited by slorch

On 9/28/2020 at 11:26 AM, touchthemonolith said:

Leach is a clown - cute and all that, especially when he gets in front of a mic.  But a piece of shit?  Nah. 

Edited by Wally Pryor

16 minutes ago, slorch said:

winning flies.  'specially when it's unprecedented or an absolute turnaround, like at his last 2 stops.

sure.  thats why he fits good at Tech/wazzu/MSU.  he can do unprecedented things.

Stoops hiring of Leach was the best thing that ever happened to the sooners.  they immediately had a "decided schematic advantage" over Mack.

Just now, dcar00 said:

sure.  thats why he fits good at Tech/wazzu/MSU.  he can do unprecedented things.

Stoops hiring of Leach was the best thing that ever happened to the sooners.  they immediately had a "decided schematic advantage" over Mack.

He was there for one fucking season.   and you're admitting to a lot of influence.

Not gonna hash it out, as it has been for years; but I get a kick out of the "that wouldn't work at the blueblood schools."

yes it would.  They're just too fucking scared to do it/ live with the off script comments/ have their own horseshit called out.

Just now, slorch said:

He was there for one fucking season.   and you're admitting to a lot of influence.

Not gonna hash it out, as it has been for years; but I get a kick out of the "that wouldn't work at the blueblood schools."

yes it would.  They're just too fucking scared to do it/ live with the off script comments/ have their own horseshit called out.

touchy.  I never said he wouldn't work at a blueblood.  I know he was there for one season but stoops saw the possibilities of the air raid first hand while we were stuck with East West man. There is a reason OU bitch slapped us from 2000-04.

• immamac changed the title to No, Mike Leach, YOU'RE awesome! [Pirates Last Voyage]