No, Mike Leach, YOU'RE awesome! [Pirates Last Voyage]

Parliament

2 hours ago, CowboyFred said:

Tech really fucked up letting him go.  He's a national treasure.

Agreed, I think Mike Leach may have continually contended better in the XII at Tech, than what Mike Gundy has done in the last 5 years at Oklahoma State...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BluTechsan said:

It's quite remarkable to think of Bob Knight and Mike Leach on the same campus at the same time. Fun times indeed. 

giphy.gif

At the time, Tech had arguably the most notable coaching duo of it's time in the NCAA...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SDG said:

In the pregame presser Mike accused Todd of stealing signs. Which is legal but frowned upon i guess. 

Looking at the box score, in the final minutes, WSU was up 5, had the ball, but was passing and used 2 timeouts (@3:54, 1:59) It appears Leach was trying to run up the score.

3 minutes ago, B00M said:

Looking at the box score, in the final minutes, WSU was up 5, had the ball, but was passing and used 2 timeouts (@3:54, 1:59) It appears Leach was trying to run up the score.

That just sounds like Leach's team had the ball. He doesn't play any other way. Good for him.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, slorch said:

Todd Graham's douchebaggery has been well documented.

Fuck him, Fuck me, Fuck you.  Fuck everybody...but fuck him again.

#FreeLoveAllAround...

5 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

One of the greatest crimes against humanity has been the fact that Spurrier and Leach never coached in the same conference. Travesty.

Actually both Leach & Spurrier coached in the SEC at the same time, when Leach was at Kentucky & Spurrier was at Florida...

14 minutes ago, B00M said:

Listen to this especially the last 15 seconds or so.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/20/2018 at 1:46 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

How do you run up the score when leading by less than a td?

graham would be thanking him for extending the game for him and giving him better opportunities for turnovers. 

Agreed. Anyone who complains about having the score run up on them should find a new profession.

I witnessed it this year in that universe of maturity, Pop Warner coaching. My friend's team was up by 12 and getting ready for the playoffs. It apparently enraged the opposing coach that my friend's team was still passing in the last five minutes. My friend was getting his team ready for the playoffs and it's hard to get better if you're not trying to get better.

Hilarity ensures because the coach that bitched about it always ran up the score on other teams. 

On 4/20/2018 at 3:42 PM, Chad said:

I miss having Leach in the Big 12. He was comical and the air raid always kept Tech competitive. Craig James and his bitch ass son should die in a fire.

At :47, he says "You might be the luckiest man alive, and not even know it."

Incredibly ironic as he was still at Tech when he said it.  

That video makes my heart weep a little 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SDG said:

a ML tweet for your morning. 

I have been to India multiple times on business and I have seen these monkeys firsthand.  I have never seen them do this before but I can see it happening.  This made me laugh out loud.  I had to close my office door to watch it again!

• Like 1

On 5/26/2018 at 4:18 PM, TreatyOak said:

Agreed. Anyone who complains about having the score run up on them should find a new profession.

I witnessed it this year in that universe of maturity, Pop Warner coaching. My friend's team was up by 12 and getting ready for the playoffs. It apparently enraged the opposing coach that my friend's team was still passing in the last five minutes. My friend was getting his team ready for the playoffs and it's hard to get better if you're not trying to get better.

Hilarity ensures because the coach that bitched about it always ran up the score on other teams. 

It's almost always a case of "it's ok, until it happens to me" from most of the coaches & players; no matter the case...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kopp0e said:

It's almost always a case of "it's ok, until it happens to me" from most of the coaches & players; no matter the case...

They beat our B team by four scores and were still throwing until the end. We beat them by 12 and their coach comes screaming at our coach after the game. Tres bizarre, no? 

8 hours ago, mininghorn88 said:

I have been to India multiple times on business and I have seen these monkeys firsthand.  I have never seen them do this before but I can see it happening.  This made me laugh out loud.  I had to close my office door to watch it again!

That kid who flipped the bird messed with the wrong monkey. 

Edited by TreatyOak
Typo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

They beat our B team by four scores and were still throwing until the end. We beat them by 12 and their coach comes screaming at our coach after the game. Tres bizarre, no? 

The coach took a "Dr. Strange" ass whipping by 12 points, became unglued of the same reality his squad placed upon other foes...

bripjeb5zbecvhnqjdpj.gif

It just shows the inability of some who attempt to be in the coaching profession to take in loss, what you give in victory, is a limited concept..?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

The coach took a "Dr. Strange" ass whipping by 12 points, became unglued of the same reality his squad placed upon other foes...

bripjeb5zbecvhnqjdpj.gif

It just shows the inability of some who attempt to be in the coaching profession to take in loss, what you give in victory, is a limited concept..?

So true. And frankly, some of the people "coaching" youth sports are the worst excuses for coaches. 

• Like 1

A few months back I had a dream about Mike Leach...

I was mowing the lawn at my grandparents' house when the Pirate rolled up in a pearl-colored vintage Cadillac, driven by friends, and announced that he was ready to be interviewed for a profile on him I had been assigned.

This was not the arranged time, so I told him I would have to run upstairs and change and get my notebook and tape recorder, etc., and by the time I got back down there, he'd switched cars, to something smaller, a convertible with the top down, one that was sparkly and gold-colored, and of a similar late '50s vintage to the Caddy, and also crammed with people.

All the men in the car were dressed like Elvis and the women looked like they were extras in Grease. I was assigned to be sort of a fly on the wall, so I was mostly listening to their banter as we rolled through heavy road construction in Houston's Museum District, which was strangely Victorian-looking, with gloomy old factories and witch's hat houses and crumbling churches lining the streets, en route to some shindig way up in north Houston.

Leach seemed to be in a bad mood, unlike his '50s-looking friends. 

"What are your hobbies?" dream-Leach asked me out of the blue, and I told him how as kid I collected stamps and coins. "No, what are your real hobbies?" he insisted. It was so important for him to know. I told him how I once wrote a book about dive bars, and everyone in the gold lamé convertible laughed, but Leach still looked grieved.

And then I woke up. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've wondered all day why this story about Leach tweeting a fake Obama video hasn't been posted on this thread. I guess there's no answer without Cloak Room implications, so I'll just leave the link here. Not his best work.

Oh, and why does the video in the previous post contain an extended photo viewing of Nick Saban accepting the CFP trophy?

Edited by Bartles

• immamac changed the title to No, Mike Leach, YOU'RE awesome! [Pirates Last Voyage]