Champions League 2020 - 2021

sidis

4 minutes ago, MoJames said:
6 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:
Congrats to the Russian petro state club on defeating the Abu Dhabi petro state club. 

Maybe next season John Henry.

The better team won. Pulisic won. Enjoy, celebrate. Winning in 2019 was one my life highlights the last few years. 

10 minutes ago, mdmost said:

All that sweating you Chelsea fans did on the final Sunday was all for naught. ztejas probably blew out his o-ring. 

Yeah but now we don't have some asshole 5th club sneaking in too so it worked out the way it should.

Honestly that final match day was more nervy than this one. 

Edited by ztejas

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Yeah but now we don't have some asshole 5th club sneaking in too so it worked out the way it should.

Honestly that final match day was more nervy than this one. 

If only Tuchel could play City every week. 

Seriously, guy did incredible work against City. Really broke down how to defend them and shut down their attack. 

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

If only Tuchel could play City every week. 

Seriously, guy did incredible work against City. Really broke down how to defend them and shut down their attack. 

You could tell within the first 10 minutes it was the same shit different day. We just give them fits. Did they have one shot on goal?

Looks like there was one. I think it was a bunny save by Mendy iirc.

Edited by ztejas

Agüero has lost:

-in the World Cup Final

-in the Copa America Final (at least TWICE, maybe three times)

-in the Champions League Final

That's a lot of crushing losses.

And Thiago Silva finally wins something!

Edited by Napoleon

19 hours ago, Napoleon said:

If you commit a foul that knocks a player out of a match like this, then the fouling player should be removed. Even if it is for a sub and not a red card, you shouldn't be able to injure a player and stay in.

Might we get a Pulisic sub?

I checked this thread and the one celebrating Chelsea’s victory, and was pretty surprised to see so little mention of the fact that a Chelsea player not only concussed, but broke two bones in the face of City’s best player.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bruyne-faces-race-euro-facial-104139938.html

I don’t have a horse in this race. But as much as I love the Horns, if we won something big but one of our players, in the process, showed himself to be a cheap-shot artist of the highest order (the Chelsea dude actually faked a head-to-head collision after delivering the blow with his shoulder) it would temper my enthusiasm. I would still claim the victory, but would accept and acknowledge the victory was tainted. Chelsea fans, apparently, not so much. But then this is English football, so...

1 hour ago, Firemans4Horn said:

It’s called “take the L, pussy”. 

Ramos dislocated our best players shoulder and concussed our goalie in the CL finals. You get up, dust yourself off, and go again. 

Ramos is a good comp to the Chelsea guy. You can't dust yourself off if your shoulder is dislocated or your eye socket is broken. That was Myles Garrett-level scumbaggery. Ramos should have been banned for an extended period. The fact he wasn't helps explain what happened yesterday.

Ramos is a good comp to the Chelsea guy. You can't dust yourself off if your shoulder is dislocated or your eye socket is broken. That was Myles Garrett-level scumbaggery. Ramos should have been banned for an extended period. The fact he wasn't helps explain what happened yesterday.
Stop being a baby. Rudiger's foul was nothing like the Ramos foul. Ramos grabbed and went down on Salah's arm. Rudiger just stepped in front of KDB to stop his run. The injury was unfortunate but Rudi didn't throw an elbow, go cleats up, or anything of the like. It was a run of the mill strategic foul that sadly ended up in a player being injured.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1

Lol, Ramos did his job and had a hard play that resulted in a shitty injury but Ramos didn’t seek out that contact.

If Salah doesn’t hook Ramos then nothing would have happened. Instead Ramos rode that contact to the ground to make sure he didn’t let Salah go free.

f4dece02bf142ccccef047c442ad36de.jpg

And yeah I know a split second later Ramos locks down that arm as he’s losing his balance.

17 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Stop being a baby. Rudiger's foul was nothing like the Ramos foul. Ramos grabbed and went down on Salah's arm. Rudiger just stepped in front of KDB to stop his run. The injury was unfortunate but Rudi didn't throw an elbow, go cleats up, or anything of the like. It was a run of the mill strategic foul that sadly ended up in a player being injured.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Maybe. I will confess that once upon a time I was naive enough to think it was just a matter of chance that Roy Williams hurt so many people when he tackled them. Then, over the course of time, I came to realize - as did the NFL itself - that in fact he knew exactly what he was doing. Honestly, I know nothing about the player in question's history. If this is an outlier then it certainly gives credibility to your perspective. 

4 hours ago, Bruno Sardine said:

Maybe. I will confess that once upon a time I was naive enough to think it was just a matter of chance that Roy Williams hurt so many people when he tackled them. Then, over the course of time, I came to realize - as did the NFL itself - that in fact he knew exactly what he was doing. Honestly, I know nothing about the player in question's history. If this is an outlier then it certainly gives credibility to your perspective. 

Did you actually watch it? At worst it was like a blocking foul in basketball.

It shouldn't even have been a card imo, a maybe not a foul.

I checked this thread and the one celebrating Chelsea’s victory, and was pretty surprised to see so little mention of the fact that a Chelsea player not only concussed, but broke two bones in the face of City’s best player.
I don’t have a horse in this race. But as much as I love the Horns, if we won something big but one of our players, in the process, showed himself to be a cheap-shot artist of the highest order (the Chelsea dude actually faked a head-to-head collision after delivering the blow with his shoulder) it would temper my enthusiasm. I would still claim the victory, but would accept and acknowledge the victory was tainted. Chelsea fans, apparently, not so much. But then this is English football, so...

giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7au17lvxy0ibd0fsvxat6ia6ril5muqk1xd0qq71c&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 5/30/2021 at 7:55 PM, G650 said:

Did you actually watch it? At worst it was like a blocking foul in basketball.

It shouldn't even have been a card imo, a maybe not a foul.

Even if you remove the injury aspect of this, "not a foul" is silly, probably even the saying no card. That was completely off the ball contact that stopped Man City's ball progression. Rudiger wasn't the last man, but had de Bruyne gone past him, he was going to have space to operate and with a good first touch potentially have a break on the keeper or start a scoring opportunity. And if you watch it again, KDB was playing a give and go with the intention of beating Rutiger, Rutiger smartly didn't let him go around with intentional contact.

It was 100% a "professional foul" designed to stop the City move and the card was completely warranted given the situation.

On 5/30/2021 at 11:28 AM, Bruno Sardine said:

Shit happens. If it makes you feel any better I was sad to see KDB have to leave the pitch. If we're going to talk about that we should also acknowledge that Chelsea lost Silva to injury in the first half. We then had Christensen step up and play great defense in his stead. Both of these teams are deep with some of the highest payrolls in football - KDB is out, tough shit, next man up. You don't award cards based on whether or not an injury happened. Guys get injured on non-card fouls all the time. 

It's not like City was chugging towards a victory with KDB on the pitch anyway. It was already 1-0 and he was being neutralized about as well as you can neutralize someone like that. Was dominating Atletico and Real tainted to get there? 

• Hook 'Em 2

56 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Shit happens. If it makes you feel any better I was sad to see KDB have to leave the pitch. If we're going to talk about that we should also acknowledge that Chelsea lost Silva to injury in the first half. We then had Christensen step up and play great defense in his stead. Both of these teams are deep with some of the highest payrolls in football - KDB is out, tough shit, next man up. You don't award cards based on whether or not an injury happened. Guys get injured on non-card fouls all the time. 

It's not like City was chugging towards a victory with KDB on the pitch anyway. It was already 1-0 and he was being neutralized about as well as you can neutralize someone like that. Was dominating Atletico and Real tainted to get there? 

It's a yellow because he wasn't making a play for the ball, but rather stopping KDB's movement to prevent him from continuing the play.  That's a foul and a yellow card, but it's not dirty.  

• 3 weeks later...

If you think these are the same thing, your opinion is wrong.

Rudiger got in a guy's way.  Yes, it's a foul, and I'm fine with a yellow, and I'm sorry KDB got hurt in the process.

Sergio Ramos is a filthy bitch who knew exactly what he was doing by judo trip tossing a guy while pinning his arm.

The former is a natural football play (albeit a foul), and the latter is dirty as fuck.

Edited by TexArcher