Where does Trump end up?

Bat Guano

Let’s assume for the sake of argument there is some justice in the world, and after Trump loses he gets what he deserves; that would look something like him and his whole family losing every penny and being saddled with more debt than they realistically could pay off in a hundred lifetimes, and then Donald going to prison for the rest of his life.

But Donald’s a smart guy, and he’ll take whatever opportunity is offered to slip the noose. So where does he end up? Some possibilities off the top of my head:

Moscow.

Spoiler

Unlikely; despite all he’s done for Putin, after his inevitable fall Trump will be of greatly diminished value, and Vlad will let him twist in the wind, as an object lesson and to let him continue to do whatever damage he can  to the body politic with his hard-core band of diehard followers.

Saudi Arabia.

Spoiler

Trump calls in some favors and MBS gives him refuge. Unlikely; a bad PR move for the country. Although maybe let him stay on the condition Melania and Ivanka join the harem.

Istanbul.

Spoiler

Erdogan lets him have a suite in the former Trump hotel, renamed the Erdogan. Again, unlikely because who would want him around?

Pyongyang.

Spoiler

A strong contender. Kim is twisted enough to appreciate the idea of having a pet former US president at his beck and call. Trump would certainly be willing to deliver Nork propaganda in return for favors.

Pull a Weinstein: unable to go to prison because of recently unearthed medical issues.

Spoiler

The coward’s way out. Trump would take this in an Adderall-quickened heartbeat.

Eating a bullet on his gold toilet seat.

Too early to make this a poll. Just fantasizing to make myself feel better. Help me out - what are some other possibilities?

Edited by Bat Guano
formatting

8 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Retired in Florida.

Yep. I wouldn't be shocked if he faces some criminal charges about something in his financial past but you would think that he could hold out until he's either dead or if he can convince a judge, he's in too poor shape to stand trial. 

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yep. I wouldn't be shocked if he faces some criminal charges about something in his financial past but you would think that he could hold out until he's either dead or if he can convince a judge, he's in too poor shape to stand trial. 

Yeah, I said that for the sake of argument let's assume there was some justice in the world. I guess that's not a realistic assumption. I keep picturing the scenario in Huckleberry Finn, where the King and the Duke are tarred and feathered.

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Old people like Trump, with a poor diet, low exercise and obesity don't live long. While we all see many obese people in public, you don't see many 75+ obese people.

This.  He likely won't live long enough to end up in bankruptcy court.  The estate will likely be insolvent considering all of the debts.

The kids will be left with very little and Don Jr will be doing speeches at a Raddison in Tuscon within five years.  All they know how to do is grift.

• Haha 1

Trump will avoid jail and have to declare bankruptcy.  But he will make a financial comeback peddling trash to his base that will still think he was the best President ever, including Lincoln.  As a shit peddler, he will realize his lifelong dream of being a legit millionaire and then promptly die, where he will give it all to the government as estate taxes.

His memory will fade from public perception, until one day, a year or so after his death, a news story will break about a scotch-sodden lawyer from Texas being arrested after being caught red, er brown, handed, squatting over Trump's grave, shitting and shouting "Yeah, fuck you piece of shit Ozymandias wannabe!  Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

This.  He likely won't live long enough to end up in bankruptcy court.  The estate will likely be insolvent considering all of the debts.

The kids will be left with very little and Don Jr will be doing speeches at a Raddison in Tuscon within five years.  All they know how to do is grift.

I know people who honestly believe Don Jr. is going to be president someday.

I can't say they are wrong given the orangutan currently occupying the White House.

Figured he could make the talk show circuit for how to become the reason anything in life that goes wrong.

be the ultimate lightning rod

Edited by slorch

10 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I know people who honestly believe Don Jr. is going to be president someday.

I've predicted that he'll be the Republican nominee in 2024. He has been been a rock-star for the myopic masses this year and they'll do whatever his Dad tells them to.  I think Donald holes up in Florida, divorced and living off his name while trashing Biden and pushing behind the scenes for DJ to head the ticket in 4-years.

Too many elected Republicans have been complicit with or coerced by the Trumps, and the threat of making primaries competitive with his base of morons will put a scare in most. That and the alternatives are even more unlikable (see Cruz, Ted).

33 minutes ago, elfenix said:

how many millions of dollars do you think he's going to stiff the russian mob?

I suspect it's mostly Putin's money, and he got a ROI far beyond his wildest expectations, even if he never gets the money back. Definitely hit the El Gordo jackpot.

I think he dies within a couple of years after the presidency. Especially after red lining it for so long during this election cycle. Poor diet and no sleep on top of that, his body comes crashing down when he no longer has to keep it running and the threat of prosecution looms. That's what got Paterno, at least.

8 minutes ago, WBT said:

He'll continue grifting until the end of his days.  And I was told only in banana republics do you prosecute the losers of elections.

It's certainly legit to prosecute for actual crimes unrelated to any political actions. It may be a bit of a slippery slope to prosecute for actions taken in office, which may be characterized as politically motivated, but most slippery slope arguments are stupid; I think it's possible to distinguish actual malfeasance from accusations ginned up by political adversaries.

They won't go after him for shit he did while President. It would just look bad. (even though he fucking deserve it)

I think the tax fraud cases already against him will come home to roost. He and his family will be in and out of court forever. The more they continue their anti-democracy conspiracy theory bullshit lies, the more financially they will be fucked by the government, the banks, etc. They're going to attack his "wealth". 

Biden and his AG will steer DOJ away from a significant prosecution effort.  The resources it would divert and the risk of not nailing him (albeit low) is something that should dissuade the new leadership.

Trump would likely resign before Jan. 20th and Pence would pardon him anyway.

Then, Trump becomes OJ, and he'll have all sorts of people coming after him.

Edited by SizzleChest

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

Trump will avoid jail and have to declare bankruptcy.  But he will make a financial comeback peddling trash to his base that will still think he was the best President ever, including Lincoln.  As a shit peddler, he will realize his lifelong dream of being a legit millionaire and then promptly die, where he will give it all to the government as estate taxes.

His memory will fade from public perception, until one day, a year or so after his death, a news story will break about a scotch-sodden lawyer from Texas being arrested after being caught red, er brown, handed, squatting over Trump's grave, shitting and shouting "Yeah, fuck you piece of shit Ozymandias wannabe!  Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"

I honestly don't know to which scotch-sodden Texas lawyer on this board you might be alluding.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bat Guano said:

For tax fraud? I don't think those usually have jury trials. Guess he could ask for one. 

A criminal case will always be a jury trial, and a speedy one, unless the defendant specifically waives it.

Sixth Amendment says "hi."

There is a species of tax case, civil in nature, where one can contest the ruling of the IRS on a taxation matter where a jury trial is not available, but that's about it.  

A civil tax fraud case, where the government sues to collect unpaid taxes, would be subject to a jury trial unless waived.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

We started getting into this on a separate thread but it got muddied by usual political slinging.  But serious question for your lawyers...

If he holes up in Florida after Inauguration Day under the protection of Hymen Roth, I mean Roth DeHyntis, dammit.  Ron DeSantis.  AG James can attempt to serve him down there to appear to before a New York state court...but they have to do it with the cooperation of the local county sheriff in the other state, right?  You can't have a New York LEO roam around Boca Raton trying to serve Trump who'll start wearing disguises (this should make for fun memes).  

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It's going to be amazing to see him go from very stable genius to "mentally unfit to stand trial" on Jan 21, 2021. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

We started getting into this on a separate thread but it got muddied by usual political slinging.  But serious question for your lawyers...

If he holes up in Florida after Inauguration Day under the protection of Hymen Roth, I mean Roth DeHyntis, dammit.  Ron DeSantis.  AG James can attempt to serve him down there to appear to before a New York state court...but they have to do it with the cooperation of the local county sheriff in the other state, right?  You can't have a New York LEO roam around Boca Raton trying to serve Trump who'll start wearing disguises (this should make for fun memes).  

For a civil case, which would seem to be NY AG's area, he could be served by a local process server or local sherriff.  No big deal.

For a criminal case, "service" is effected by arrest.

In either case, generally speaking, NY would not send a NY "agent" to FL to arrest or serve Trump.  That would be considered a violation of FLs "sovereignty."

However, we do have this full faith and credit thing.  NY authorities simply ask FL authorities to arrest Trump (or any FL citizen or domicile) and deliver him up to NY authorities to face charges there. 

In theory, DeSantis could refuse and NY could probably go to a FL court and compel FL to act.  That would be very strange and unconventional, but given the norm breaking to date, fully on brand for Trump and his sycophants.  If Trump were to become a "fugitive," US Marshals could become involved, and maybe even before that.

tl;dr extradition between two US states is routine.