The Trump + Covid thread

Gil Bang

Just now, USMCHorn said:

No. Probably a ploy to shield the First Lady from the current news cycle. Will ”recover” in a couple weeks and declare victory over covid. Will also conveniently miss a debate as well.

Hahahahaha ha... you think Melanie’s trouble means anything to him?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Hahahahaha ha... you think Melanie’s trouble means anything to him?

Ah, but think of  the alternative. You think she would ever put herself close enough to Donald to catch a virus from him?

• Like 1

Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.

As you guys have mentioned, I have my doubts he has it. He'll emerge from the tomb after 3 days and the Evangelicals will once and for all believe he is the Messiah.

But in case he truly has the 'rona, I hope he suffers bigly.  And of course

If He Dies GIFs | Tenor

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump would have been better off faking a heart attack or cancer. Faking covid brings the virus to everyone’s doorstep again.  Not good for Trump.  

This.  Also it not only takes him off the campaign trail, but it forces many other GOPers into quarantine a month before the election.  Or are his kids who were on the plane with him going to still go out campaigning after news comes out that they should be quarantining?  

I wouldn't put anything past them and everything he says is a lie.  But this seems like a stupid one to put out there.

• Like 1

I honestly have no idea.

I can't see why he'd fake this unless he's looking for a way out, but he could've claimed some other health issue that makes him look less like an idiot for downplaying this.

But he's also a chronic liar.  So who knows?

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, USMCHorn said:

Ah, but think of  the alternative. You think she would ever put herself close enough to Donald to catch a virus from him?

She would have caught it from Hope on the same plane. If he's faking it will be a play vs the debate and how the GOP plans to fix his Proud Boys fiasco. 

31 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Yes. No way does he lie about anything that makes him look weak, even there was some upside to it for him. And there’s no upside to this.

He’s losing horribly in the polls. The upside for him is that he won’t get sick at all and he will make a tremendous recovery. I’m 99% sure he doesn’t have it.

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump would have been better off faking a heart attack or cancer. Faking covid brings the virus to everyone’s doorstep again.  Not good for Trump.  

You are looking at this wrong. The spin is that it’s no big deal. He doesn’t have it. Trump team is flailing away for anything positive after that debate. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, justhookit said:

He’s losing horribly in the polls. The upside for him is that he won’t get sick at all and he will make a tremendous recovery. I’m 99% sure he doesn’t have it.

He’s going to have to quarantine or everyone will know he’s lying. That means missing debates. And that won’t help him make up any ground. It’s precisely because he’s losing so badly that this has no upside. Just running out the clock favors Biden.

He's fucked either way. He's not going to get any sympathy out of this. At worst he has to stay off the golf course or campaign trail for two weeks.

If he recovers without issues he's done so two weeks before the election. If this was his plan to close out the run up to the election he's some kind of special.giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd76ycagrlvkdrtzpx795ijkgvjgenw7pdruneh6n0q&rid=giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

He’s going to have to quarantine or everyone will know he’s lying. That means missing debates. And that won’t help him make up any ground. It’s precisely because he’s losing so badly that this has no upside. Just running out the clock favors Biden.

Did you watch the debate?  He was never going to make up ground that way. The only thing he could do is shut the fuck up and claim victory over the China virus. His base will eat this up and a bunch of other idiots will see this as it’s no big deal, it’s a flu. He doesn’t have COVID.

2 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Did you watch the debate?  He was never going to make up ground that way. The only thing he could do is shut the fuck up and claim victory over the China virus. His base will eat this up and a bunch of other idiots will see this as it’s no big deal, it’s a flu. He doesn’t have COVID.

That won't make up ground either. Either way same result.

His base is not winning him the election. If Trump's "Ace in the hole" is defeating a last minute bout against the "China Virus" he has a really shitty hand.

• Hook 'Em 3

I understand the skepticism, but I don’t think you announce this at 1AM EST on a weeknight if it’s all a big ruse.
I think his team will try to capitalize on this and try to earn sympathy, but I just cannot sign off on the idea that Trump would willingly pretend to catch something that he has said was a hoax for months.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Zoom debates. Nice thing is the host will have a mute button this time.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

It’s pretty sad when we have to debate if the President of the United States is lying about having Covid. 

with that said, I think it’s 50/50. I could see how lying could possibly benefit him and has he ever told the truth about anything?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

For posters on the CR board, y’all don’t understand politics very well.

I will be shocked if this is real. And on the off chance he does actually have it he’s back in the news 24/7 again but now he gets treated with kids gloves and sympathy. What does this asshole like? Constant media attention. 

All he does is lie but now he’s being truthful? It’s the only play he had left.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, justhookit said:

For posters on the CR board, y’all don’t understand politics very well.

I will be shocked if this is real. And on the off chance he does actually have it he’s back in the news 24/7 again but now he gets treated with kids gloves and sympathy. What does this asshole like? Constant media attention. 

All he does is lie but now he’s being truthful? It’s the only play he had left.

It's not that I think he's ever truthful.  He lies every time he opens his mouth.  And, honestly, who the fuck knows.  But lying about having a highly contagious virus a month before the election feels like too stupid a lie to put forward.  He can't have rallies.  Can't campaign.  Hell, unless everyone the entire administration on it, he's got a bunch of staff that will quarantine.  Maybe some congresspeople who should be campaigning need to quarantine.  Hell, his staff met with Amy Barrett this week.  Would she potentially quarantine after this news?  Senators who want to push her through?  His children who were also on that plane?

• Hook 'Em 3

Honestly I think he has it. 

I recall seeing earlier today that hope hicks tested positive and people were worried about the president because he was seen lately traveling around with her. 

I have mixed feelings about this. Nobody truly wants to see the living president die in office. It’s a bad look for us and makes us look weak to the rest of the world. At the same time, this man has made a mockery of the virus and has bungled its response so badly despite being the most informed guy on the planet. I know he always ignores and pisses off the intelligence briefings, but still. 

I hope it’s a minor case / nothing burger and he’s back on the trail in a few weeks. The other reason I don’t want him to die is because I want him to be on the top of the ballot when the Republican Party loses.

• Like 1

He did say the other night in the debate that they could have a vaccine available in weeks and they could deploy the military to vaccinate everyone. Maybe his play is to fake COVID, recover, and then release a vaccine that they will say was made with his blood/antibodies?

I'm only half-kidding

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, justhookit said:

You are looking at this wrong. The spin is that it’s no big deal. He doesn’t have it. Trump team is flailing away for anything positive after that debate. 

yeah...this is where i'm at. this is his October surprise, a last ditch effort... able to skip remaining debates and make a beautiful recovery, like nobody has ever seen. it's no worse than the flu. 

• immamac changed the title to The Trump + Covid thread
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic