The Trump + Covid thread

Gil Bang

The conversation has already changed from what a fuckup he was in the debate, to whether or not the asshole has COVID. 
It’s either a huge political play or it’s true. Either way he wins. There is no downside here for Trump.

Shit, he will probably try to delay the election because of this. Let’s never forget who we are dealing with here. He needs to be removed from office and will try anything and everything to keep that from happening.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Stop with the Qanon lite b.s. He has it and he likely spread it. Wisconsin is reporting spikes in cases, deaths, hospitalizations. The stock market is going to retract tomorrow as well.

This isn't some brilliant trick, this is Trump anti-science stupidity come home to roost. 

Some idiotic Trump supporters think this will help him win. They are so unbelievably stupid.

if anything, it makes him look bad because everyone knows he hasn’t been taking the coronavirus seriously since the very beginning.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, justhookit said:

The conversation has already changed from what a fuckup he was in the debate, to whether or not the asshole has COVID. 
It’s either a huge political play or it’s true. Either way he wins. There is no downside here for Trump.

Shit, he will probably try to delay the election because of this. Let’s never forget who we are dealing with here. He needs to be removed from office and will try anything and everything to keep that from happening.

No it hasn't because he was mocking Biden in the debate for wearing a mask in the interest of safety. He put everyone around him at risk the last two days instead of taking the necessary precautions and canceling his scheduled events. 

Yes, there is reason and facts and then there is blind hatred of all things Trump.i can’t stand him because he is a piece of shit human being with the intelligence of my 10 year old neighbor.

What you are ignoring is that the vast majority of this country doesn’t think like you or I do. 

Covid or not, lying or not, he’s going to get a bump from this. Unless of course he dies. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

It would be awful if he drops out of the election... because Biden would have a tougher time beating whoever they throw in there at the last minute.  He's getting a boost from voters who don't really like him but aren't willing to vote for a complete waste of a human.  That goes away if he's suddenly running against any other person.  

Edited by immamac
conform to the rules
  • Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Covid or not, lying or not, he’s going to get a bump from this. Unless of course he dies.

No chance.

He could run a marathon in 2 weeks, and he isn't getting any bump from this. 

The virus is THE issue of the campaign. 1 out of every 1,500 Americans alive before Covid are dead from Covid. Trump didn't try to protect them, or himself. 

Trump is why the next debate won't happen. Trump is why his campaign rallies won't happen.

There is no upside here. This hurts him with the undecided troglodytes.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Honestly I think he has it. 

I recall seeing earlier today that hope hicks tested positive and people were worried about the president because he was seen lately traveling around with her. 

I have mixed feelings about this. Nobody truly wants to see the living president die in office. It’s a bad look for us and makes us look weak to the rest of the world. 

In what way is poetic justice a bad look?

• Hook 'Em 1

Some bullshit is about to happen over this.  This is their out.  This is how they separate from him.  He'll be deemed unfit for office over health issues and they will ramrod Pence or someone else in there at the last minute.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Three things stand out for me:

One,Trump chiding Biden about wearing a mask during the debate

and

Two, DOTARD being ordained the chosen one from himself, evangelicals, and Rick Perry.  Yep, the chosen one has COVID.  F'k, we're a stupid nation.  

and 

Three, we are the laughing stock of the world.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

Some bullshit is about to happen over this.  This is their out.  This is how they separate from him.  He'll be deemed unfit for office over health issues and they will ramrod Pence or someone else in there at the last minute.  

I don't see how he's deemed too unfit for office?  He's a threat to the US with all of his covered illegal activities and debts.  His ignorance is a threat to the world.  It can't get anymore obvious unless he started snorting glue on camera.  And I'm getting a Jim Jordan may have come into contact and I'm just too happy that it couldn't happen to a more deserved dumber group of people. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

So.... What's he gonna do now?  Just sit around the oval office spouting off tweets all day?  Maybe he can work on all those 2 week projects.

If he actually took the quarantine serious it could potentially be his most productive two weeks in office. From his perspective at least. We'd be screwed. Thank goodness his intelligence matches that of most of the posters on this thread.

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I honestly have no idea.

I can't see why he'd fake this unless he's looking for a way out, but he could've claimed some other health issue that makes him look less like an idiot for downplaying this.

But he's also a chronic liar.  So who knows?

This is where I’m at.  No fucking way to know shit.  Trump catching coronavirus undermines his defense regarding the most egregious failure in his Presidency full of failures, but there are also opportunities here.  And Trump is pretty deft at seizing opportunity in ways most people wouldn’t even consider (because of morality and shit).

Trump gets a reprieve from his own withering self-ownage in the debates.  Nothing else will make the news over the next two weeks, which could be used as a distraction from an escalation of the ongoing election interference.  When the campaign can resume, the reset button will have been pushed.  There’s a sympathy ploy just waiting for him — could anything else make the inhuman Trump seem more human than his own personal Vietnam against coronavirus?

Whether Trump has it or not is kind of irrelevant in this sense:  This is a basketball timeout right as the opponent has seized momentum and is about to make a run.  Will it matter in the long run?  Who the fuck knows, but Trump was on a nearly vertical trajectory downwards, and this does provide a long shot to turn that around.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, lemonlime said:

This.  Also it not only takes him off the campaign trail, but it forces many other GOPers into quarantine a month before the election.  Or are his kids who were on the plane with him going to still go out campaigning after news comes out that they should be quarantining?  

I wouldn't put anything past them and everything he says is a lie.  But this seems like a stupid one to put out there.

They can't rally enough for me.  And I'm hoping they shook thousands of hands and threw out thousands of hats.  I feel bad for their kids and that their parents didn't care enough about them but they never did.  I'm just glad it's affecting the parents and grandparents now, in the present vs kicking the can down the road.  Ignorance and fake news wears a MAGA hat.   

27 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

So.... What's he gonna do now?  Just sit around the oval office spouting off tweets all day?  Maybe he can work on all those 2 week projects.

If he’s smart, and at least some on his team are, he makes his fight against covid-19 a reality show for the next two weeks.  Like Chris Cuomo did.  Tweet selfie videos hourly of him looking sick and frail while denouncing the proud boys *cough* saying he’s made mistakes but has always tried to protect America as best anyone could during an unprecedented pandemic *wheeze* and how he’s glad Joe Biden didn’t catch the virus during the debate  *death rattle and stops breathing*

Sorry, got a little carried away with my fan fic there.

Edited by Goredho

I don't know if even my Bill Hick-sian level of cynicism can wrap my head around him trying to fake having COVID. If the play was to prove he's stronger than COVID and can beat it with his super duper immune system and the greatest therapies ever, wouldn't he have better off claiming this 6+ weeks ago?

Fuck it. He's not going to learn anything from this experience. There will be no soul searching, no reflection that leads him to come to terms with his previous shortcomings. In his walnut sized brain he's hoping he has a mild case & makes a speedy recovery so as to show he's the most perfect specimen ever

Edited by immamac
rules
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, lemonlime said:

This.  Also it not only takes him off the campaign trail, but it forces many other GOPers into quarantine a month before the election.  Or are his kids who were on the plane with him going to still go out campaigning after news comes out that they should be quarantining?  

I wouldn't put anything past them and everything he says is a lie.  But this seems like a stupid one to put out there.

Donny jr is supposed to be in the valley today, is that trip cancelled?

5 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I honestly have no idea.

I can't see why he'd fake this unless he's looking for a way out, but he could've claimed some other health issue that makes him look less like an idiot for downplaying this.

This is where I am.  Other than hoping to garner sympathy votes (country "rallying" behind sick "leader" theory?), I can't imagine why faking this would be a strategy.  But, I don't believe a fucking thing that comes out of trump or his administration. 

I don't think it's fake, primarily because I buy the simple idea that he caught it by not being smart about social distancing, etc.  I also don't think it helps him strategically for the election because I think he needs to be able to campaign and debate to try and change something about the trajectory of the race.  I also don't think it meshes well with his personality and wanting to appear weak.  The only logical reason (it's hard to try and imagine how his brain works sometimes) perhaps where I can see him actually faking at this point is to provide a ready made excuse in case he gets humiliated on Election Day.  

I honestly have no idea.
This. Who knows? I don't see why he'd fake it but he's not exactly known for strategic thinking. Also if Donald Trump days water is wet, you need to independently verify that.
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bookman said:

"Donald Trump thinks coughing and sneezing is a sign of weakness, according to his former campaign staffers." https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/donald-trump-thinks-coughing-sign-16530447

No way this is fake. The real question now is if he gave it to Biden during the debate.

So, Pence v. Kamala for president?

My bullshit meter is pinging. How many times have we heard dotard whine about how the China virus derailed his “greatest economy in history”?

This sorta has the same feel. Dotard’s fragile ego won’t allow him to accept that he’s going to lose the election, so his pea brain fabricates a lame excuse to rationalize the loss.

“I won the debate BIG, and was leading in all of the REAL polls, and would’ve easily cruised to a second term if only the China virus hadn’t forced me off the campaign trail.”

He loves to see himself as the victim because that allows him to avoid taking responsibility for his actions, and hey guess what?

Nobody’s talking about what an unabashed shithead he was during the debate anymore, are they?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Honestly I think he has it. 

I recall seeing earlier today that hope hicks tested positive and people were worried about the president because he was seen lately traveling around with her. 

I have mixed feelings about this. Nobody truly wants to see the living president die in office. It’s a bad look for us and makes us look weak to the rest of the world. At the same time, this man has made a mockery of the virus and has bungled its response so badly despite being the most informed guy on the planet. I know he always ignores and pisses off the intelligence briefings, but still. 

I hope it’s a minor case / nothing burger and he’s back on the trail in a few weeks. The other reason I don’t want him to die is because I want him to be on the top of the ballot when the Republican Party loses.

Speak for yourself. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Who gives a shit what people are talking about, damn near 100 percent of voters know which way they're going. His path to victory is solely based on how much voter suppression or judicial fuckery they can get away with.

The positive test likely saves us another agonizing debate and a bunch of stupid rallies televised live nationally. The down side being he will certainly use this to amplify his anti-mask, anti-testing, etc., thus making conditions even more dangerous for everyone. 

He 99.9 percent has it. 

The White House did not say how long Mr. Trump would have to remain isolated, but it canceled his plans to fly to Florida for a campaign rally on Friday, stripping his public schedule for the day of everything except a midday telephone call “on Covid-19 support to vulnerable seniors.” Appearances at rallies in Wisconsin on Saturday and in Arizona on Monday also appear sure to be scrapped, and the next debate, scheduled for Oct. 15 in Miami, was left up in the air.

During late-night conversations, aides to Mr. Trump were discussing whether he should give an address to the nation on Friday from the White House or find some other way for him to reassure the public. But the aides were still in a state of shock as they absorbed the news, and there was no immediate word on how far the infection may have spread among senior White House officials, who generally do not wear masks in deference to the president’s disdain for them.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/02/us/politics/trump-covid.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

Apparently Hicks was in the room with Trump and a few others during all the debate prep, according to a quote I just heard from Christie. Hicks became contagious on Wednesday, she was most symptomatic on Monday and Tuesday during all the preparations in a small room with a few other high ranking officials, including McEnany who knew Hicks was exhibiting symptoms during the press conference yesterday. 

Just think, in the last few days, Trump has had close meetings with ACB and Mnuchin, who has also met with Pelosi. Good lord, and his family who were in the audience during the debate sharing air with whoever else was in the audience, much less Biden.

I think this is the real deal and is a real crisis with potentially wide-reaching effects.

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to The Trump + Covid thread
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic