Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

Big XII refs aren’t going to call it. The only way to keep the conference relevant is for it to be an offensive score fest every weekend. On top of that they have a vested interest in protecting the conference favorites.
Ofcourse OU does it. We’re too damn stupid and prideful to teach it. 

Um, they call it against us. They also “missed” false starts by ou, but were Johnny on the spot when we farted presnap.
  • Hook 'Em 4

Game winning TD. #9 holds his ass off at the point of attack. Should be 2 seconds left, ball at 42.

I cannot stand those scum.

Looked like a facemask as well on that play. Late in the 4th OU realized they could move up from hands to the face, to outright face mask grabs without penalty.

This shit was just another fixed game.

7 hours ago, Jimbob said:

The spot on the bijan run was bad, his foot stepped out at the 2 but the ball was inches from the goal line.  So they spot it at the 2.  Didn’t end up mattering except as yet another fuckup or fuckery by the refs. 

These fuckers routinely miss badly on spots. It's like they don't even know the rules at all.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Um, they call it against us. They also “missed” false starts by ou, but were Johnny on the spot when we farted presnap.

Umm, what part of making it an institutional precept and daring the refs to call it didn’t you follow? Or was it the part about protecting the conference favorite?

I actually look forward to the SEC where the refs are no less crooked, but a helluva lot less incompetent. I also look forward to  being in a league that doesn’t need to accept out and out illegal offensive fuckery on a down to down basis to drive ratings, and who isn’t vested in OU’s existence in the top 5. One of the reasons OU struggles so much in bowls is the same reason they’re not going to enjoy the Esseeesee as much as they think they are to begin with.

We're not going to get any calls until we're good.  When you're the conference bell cow, you get the calls.  The Big12 has everything to gain with an undefeated ousux and a lot to lose with a loss.  Next week will be even worse so get up for it.

• Rage+1 1

during the game i created a thread with images of the biggest momentum-changing call of the game when 0u was gifted their first touchdown being kept in the game and alive on that drive by the most egregious violation of clear and indisputable video evidence i have ever seen

i tagged captain caveman and asked him to merge that thread in to this one, but in case that doesn't happen, for anyone who did not see the images....

here is the thread, again replies should be here not there

• Hook 'Em 4

it's not time for it's own thread yet, but the only open question i have this morning, is what will happen to 0u in the sec?

fowler commented that the rest of the coaches in this league privately say thieves get away with murder and for some reason are not flagged for it

yesterday there were a dozen holds not called

i have to wonder if that changes in the sec

18 minutes ago, bdl2411 said:

Anyone have a video clip of the Caleb Williams “fumble” that wasn’t called? I haven’t been able to find a clip and I’m curious to see if it was an obvious fumble or hard to say with certainty. 

The primary downfield camera angle on ABC wasn't entirely conclusive but the backside angle revealed his arm in a forward motion with release of the ball that would have ruled it a fumble.  

Of course Riley knows what's going on and rushes to get the next play in while officials stare at each other in confusion doing jack shit to call a review.

Sark needs to understand this is SoP in the B12 and 0U does this shit every year, even in the CCG.  I recall Baylor taking it to them with Rhule in the 1H and ISU getting fucked on plays that weren't reviewed with Riley pushing things along on the other side.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Umm, what part of making it an institutional precept and daring the refs to call it didn’t you follow? Or was it the part about protecting the conference favorite?

I actually look forward to the SEC where the refs are no less crooked, but a helluva lot less incompetent. I also look forward to  being in a league that doesn’t need to accept out and out illegal offensive fuckery on a down to down basis to drive ratings, and who isn’t vested in OU’s existence in the top 5. One of the reasons OU struggles so much in bowls is the same reason they’re not going to enjoy the Esseeesee as much as they think they are to begin with.

Watching the Bama/aggy game, there were a few missed calls, but they went both ways.  Calls were consistent and there wasn't any obvious bias towards protecting Bama's shot at the CFP.  When OU is one of the most-penalized teams in the conference, and they somehow always clean up their act in the RRS to be nearly error-free, you know something is up.  Especially when the booth has 4 minutes to review that a WR stepped out on his own and illegally touched, but instead they just confirm the catch (which was debatable as well).  And this is also why OU always tends to look terrible/lose once they don't get conference officials in bowl games.  Can't wait to get away from crooked Big 12 officiating.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, bdl2411 said:

Anyone have a video clip of the Caleb Williams “fumble” that wasn’t called? I haven’t been able to find a clip and I’m curious to see if it was an obvious fumble or hard to say with certainty. 

There wasn't enough to overturn the call on the field. Still should have taken a look.

• Hook 'Em 1

Watching the Bama/aggy game, there were a few missed calls, but they went both ways.  Calls were consistent and there wasn't any obvious bias towards protecting Bama's shot at the CFP.  When OU is one of the most-penalized teams in the conference, and they somehow always clean up their act in the RRS to be nearly error-free, you know something is up.  Especially when the booth has 4 minutes to review that a WR stepped out on his own and illegally touched, but instead they just confirm the catch (which was debatable as well).  And this is also why OU always tends to look terrible/lose once they don't get conference officials in bowl games.  Can't wait to get away from crooked Big 12 officiating.

This pattern extends beyond OU. It’s why I don’t blame them.

19 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

I don’t think Bama was offered the benefit of generous officiating in the Aggy game because Georgia is looking like they might be the best thing in college football at the moment. If the Tide were the clear number 1 with anyone else being a modestly interesting second then Bama would have gotten some very favorable calls. The SEC has just as many instances of enforcing narratives as any other league.  They’re just not out and out boobs about the rest of officiating.

And you’re right about OU. Had Texas come into the game 5-0, and OU limped in at 3-3 or something UT would have had more favorable reviews and calls. In particular, I know UT is about to get F’d unless they just completely roll the opponent anytime I see that roided up poindexter with glasses and his clown car crew spill out onto the field.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

I don’t think Bama was offered the benefit of generous officiating in the Aggy game because Georgia is looking like they might be the best thing in college football at the moment. If the Tide were the clear number 1 with anyone else being a modestly interesting second then Bama would have gotten some very favorable calls. The SEC has just as many instances of enforcing narratives as any other league.  They’re just not out and out boobs about the rest of officiating.

And you’re right about OU. Had Texas come into the game 5-0, and OU limped in at 3-3 or something UT would have had more favorable reviews and calls. In particular, I know UT is about to get F’d unless they just completely roll the opponent anytime I see that roided up poindexter with glasses and his clown car crew spill out onto the field.

This is why we need to greatly expand the playoff or get rid of it completely.

• Rage+1 1

18 hours ago, dcar00 said:

were our coaches going nuts asking for a review or anything?  maybe they were but I was at the game and didn't see it.  I am so sick an tired of passive fucking coaching on the sidelines when it comes to the refs.  Riley and Stoops would be yelling their asses off being on the field and spitting in refs faces.

we need to quit being pussies.  Its also when the D is out there so Sark isn't busy calling the next play.

It should have been reviewed because it was close, but it was not a fumble.  He was going forward.  That's why the ball went forward 20 yards!

17 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

My thoughts exactly. They’re going to have to fundamentally change how they coach offensive linemen once that move is done. If not, those 2008 Florida, 2012 A&M and 2018 Alabama games are going to be damn near week-to-week occurrences.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

It’s not nearly as pronounced and egregious as it is in the Big 12. If Alabama vs A&M was a Big 12 game last night, no way aggy wins that.

There was some fuckery in the aggy game, the TD run by Spillar? Near the end of the 1st half occurred at 2:22 but the clock kept going until 2:09.  Refs keep official time and how something like that goes unchecked is bad.   Home clock operator trying to bleed time successfully I suppose. 

Our game OTOH was atrocious.  I finally watched a few parts recorded and that final run OU… 54 and 56 were trying to tackle our guys, Overshown got what could have been called a blindside block had we done it, 2 other open field holds, 1 so egregious by WR it was astounding.  Likely still would have lost but damn.   I agree with previous posts that we can’t leave this shithole fast enough, and I hope this conference rots in hell.  

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Refs keep official time and how something like that goes unchecked is bad.   Home clock operator trying to bleed time successfully I suppose. 

Unless college is different than HS, an official runs the clock, not someone from aggy. But yes, the officials should have caught it. 

Ever since Stoops and leach took over the OU OL has been holding on nearly every damn play and it is never ever called until they go to a bowl or playoff then it starts getting called and the OU offense then turns to shit.  I pointed this out way back in 2000 on hornfans and got a raft of shit for it but it’s been true for going on 20 years now. Then leach went to tech and they did the same damn thing. And for those who ask why don’t we teach our OL to hold because if we did it would get called every damn time. So glad to get away from these dogshit refs. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Just like 2008 where Texas went in to Lubbock undefeated with the National title game nearly guaranteed to match up with Florida….and the Big12 refs fucked us there.
  • Hook 'Em 1

There was some fuckery in the aggy game, the TD run by Spillar? Near the end of the 1st half occurred at 2:22 but the clock kept going until 2:09.  Refs keep official time and how something like that goes unchecked is bad.   Home clock operator trying to bleed time successfully I suppose. 
Our game OTOH was atrocious.  I finally watched a few parts recorded and that final run OU… 54 and 56 were trying to tackle our guys, Overshown got what could have been called a blindside block had we done it, 2 other open field holds, 1 so egregious by WR it was astounding.  Likely still would have lost but damn.   I agree with previous posts that we can’t leave this shithole fast enough, and I hope this conference rots in hell.  

We would not have lost that game if it was called correctly at all. It would have ended with a blowout victory for Texas 54-14. Every single big play or extended drive was because of massive obvious holding. Our guys were jacked for the game and played for a blowout. Refs told OU to be patient, hell they didn’t even have to worry about delay of game penalties, the refs had the, covered. False start by multiple guys, no problem. Illegal touching, not yesterday. Hands to the face, ha, they went full face mask grabbing late in the 4th. Need separation, just push off the defender….

This is just like Okie State 2015. A blowout win turned into a loss because of officials rigging the game. Only the script was a little different, instead of taking turnovers and TDs away from us, they just extended OUs drives to be automatic touchdowns.

Add in 2 nothing calls that are not designed to change their behavior so it looks less biased on the books. Unlike last time when they rigged it to include offsetting penalties only to create the illusion.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On one of Casey’s sacks he was going to throw to a receiver who was about to blow right by the OU cornerback but instead the CB just ran into the receiver stopping him in his tracks and then Casey got sacked. No way you could have seen that on television. 

This kind of shit went on all game. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Ever since Stoops and leach took over the OU OL has been holding on nearly every damn play and it is never ever called until they go to a bowl or playoff then it starts getting called and the OU offense then turns to shit.  I pointed this out way back in 2000 on hornfans and got a raft of shit for it but it’s been true for going on 20 years now. Then leach went to tech and they did the same damn thing. And for those who ask why don’t we teach our OL to hold because if we did it would get called every damn time. So glad to get away from these dogshit refs. 

i never put 2 & 2 together but it really fucking fits doesn't it

43 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

yep. Leach is a smart dude.  just hold. they probably call it 2 max 3 times a game.  sometimes you overcome it anyway and that is one of the max 3 they call. then they just stopped calling it on OU all together because it "looks" normal  and yeah, Big 12 moar scoring, need playoff team as well.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

it's not time for it's own thread yet, but the only open question i have this morning, is what will happen to 0u in the sec?

fowler commented that the rest of the coaches in this league privately say thieves get away with murder and for some reason are not flagged for it

yesterday there were a dozen holds not called

i have to wonder if that changes in the sec

Texas propped up this weak ass conference financially for 25 years.  All the while every little bitch got a shot at/on Texas in games, refs, BCS rigged voting, Heisman (The Heisman has become a joke due to collusion with Heisman voting blocks , events paying the washed up bunch colluding directed by The Gaylord Family). The little 8 was corrupt and it drug it’s sorry ass into our universe.  To the point the coaches and every other school agree to fuck Texas.  So they collude to blow OU.  The SEC move will catch OU in the ass.  

5 hours ago, bullet said:

It should have been reviewed because it was close, but it was not a fumble.  He was going forward.  That's why the ball went forward 20 yards!

Your memory is failing you. It wobbled sideways and way up into the air for maybe 11 yards at best.

image.thumb.png.c4a0c7c98fc55f64f0afaff5c58b525b.png

Edited by OU Sucks

The WR running out of bounds was a blatantly terrible call. Idk what they were thinking and neither did the announcers.

I personally thought Caleb's hand was going forward on the replay, but the announcers and their rules expert thought fumble. I'd assume the rules expert got a better look than I did, so yeah, fuck those refs.

Each one of those calls might've swung the game. Both combined definitely did.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Paul Wesley said:

The ref on that side of the field threw his hat down during the play to signal that the receiver ran out.    

Then the booth reviews it and we watch the OU receiver clearly run out of bounds.

Then they ruled it a catch.

Instead of putting their shell-shocked punt team and defense right back on the field, they got to keep the ball, settle the team down, get 7 points, and stay in the game.

It was as big a momentum swing as there could be. 

they didn't review the force out because it wasn't called, they reviewed the catch, that's why the ref didn't mention it after the review.

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

So we're going with the games are rigged.

OK.

Yeah that’s exactly what I said. Ok.

I’m pointing out a fact that the big 12 calls offensive holding different than every other league in history. Meaning they don’t call it correctly and I’m not gonna put up a video montage to prove it to you. You should be able to see it for yourself. 

When OU gets out of the cozy confines of the big 12 referee bullshit their offense turns to shit. Hell they only won the national title in 2000 by 13-3. Their offense sucks if they can’t constantly hold the DL because it gives their QB time to pick the secondary apart. Leach figured out if you do it every play it normalizes it if the refs let you. Which in the big 12 they did. And still do.

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Rage+1 2

In 2017 USF and Illinois played a game where 31 penalties were called in the game (the most in FBS history is 36 from an 80s game between Fresno State and San Jose State) Here is how the penalties broke down:  

Here's how the 31 accepted penalties broke down ... 

PENALTY NUMBER

False start

Holding

Unsportsmanlike conduct

Pass interference

Face mask

Offside

Roughing the passer/targeting

Personal foul, delay of game, illegal shift, 12 men, substitution, clipping

1 each

Even in that penalized a game, only 4 of them were holds and I would venture to guess that even when you see a game where there are a lot of holds called the most any team gets hit with is 3, at most 4.

Yea....if we believe in statistics (ie you might get it called against you 5-10% of the plays that you run and it creates a huge advantage) we should hold every play and damn if OU isn't kind of smart to do so.

• Rage+1 1