Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

16 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Even in that penalized a game, only 4 of them were holds and I would venture to guess that even when you see a game where there are a lot of holds called the most any team gets hit with is 3, at most 4.

Yea....if we believe in statistics (ie you might get it called against you 5-10% of the plays that you run and it creates a huge advantage) we should hold every play and damn if OU isn't kind of smart to do so.

and some of those holding calls might not even be OL.  they might be secondary.

44 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

because the the other ref immediately came in and talked him into a force out so he put his hat back on and that was that

yep. this is the fuckery I'm talking about.  that happened on the OU sideline.  you want to bet there were 8 OU coaches yelling at the ref that he was forced out?  meanwhile we are picking our fucking noses.  its been going on since Mack.  In fact Mack actually used to go ballistic every once in a while.  our coaches just sit there(sans Charlie getting jobbed against OSU).  

If I'm CDC I start telling our coaches to jump their shit constantly and if shit gets called we have a video montage of Riley, Stoops, Fat Pat, Gundy, Holgerson, etc. to show the league.  you have to be constant with it so refs get used to the yelling.  it works.  refs are human. its psychological ops.  maybe you get a flag or a fucking HAT picked up. maybe you get the next call. these refs are mostly dumbasses below average level intellect folks. work them.

I can't wait for Beard.  maybe he will change the, "we have to have our coaches act like businessmen" attitude and start getting on these dumbass one horse town fucks that suck at their job.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

yep. this is the fuckery I'm talking about.  that happened on the OU sideline.  you want to bet there were 8 OU coaches yelling at the ref that he was forced out?  meanwhile we are picking our fucking noses.  its been going on since Mack.  In fact Mack actually used to go ballistic every once in a while.  our coaches just sit there(sans Charlie getting jobbed against OSU).  

If I'm CDC I start telling our coaches to jump their shit constantly and if shit gets called we have a video montage of Riley, Stoops, Fat Pat, Gundy, Holgerson, etc. to show the league.  you have to be constant with it so refs get used to the yelling.  it works.  refs are human. its psychological ops.  maybe you get a flag or a fucking HAT picked up. maybe you get the next call. these refs are mostly dumbasses below average level intellect folks. work them.

I can't wait for Beard.  maybe he will change the, "we have to have our coaches act like businessmen" attitude and start getting on these dumbass one horse town fucks that suck at their job.

did our coaches have any idea he stepped out?

Just now, pacman said:

The nfl refs just called the exact hold OU was allowed to get away with against sweat on those two big counter TDs

OU is in for a rude awakening.  Smart, Saban, etc aren't going to let them get away with it.

Fowler's quote was telling and basically made public what we've known for 20 years now.

If Refs would call it early in the game it would change the dynamic but the Big 12 doesn't give a shit.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, pacman said:

The nfl refs (bills-chiefs) just called the exact hold OU was allowed to get away with against sweat on those two big counter TDs

Referees are like 'opinions', they never call anything as accurate/ the same...

The old saying is keep the game out of the hands (or calls) by the refs also...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

Just now, hookem48 said:

did our coaches have any idea he stepped out?

it was on the replay board and our people in our booth should be screaming to high heaven to them.  

of course, you have to decide if it is important.  neither Charlie nor Herman ever really got on the refs consistently.  not like fat pat, stoops, gundy, holgerson, riley...

we are such passive pussies. It doesn't do any good to do it once a game maybe.

Just now, dcar00 said:

it was on the replay board and our people in our booth should be screaming to high heaven to them.  

of course, you have to decide if it is important.  neither Charlie nor Herman ever really got on the refs consistently.  not like fat pat, stoops, gundy, holgerson, riley...

we are such passive pussies. It doesn't do any good to do it once a game maybe.

thx, I wasn't there so had no idea

2 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Referees are like 'opinions', they never call anything as accurate/ the same...

The old saying is keep the game out of the hands (or calls) by the refs also...

its hard to when THEY PICK UP CORRECT CALLS or blatantly fail to review.  why do we have to keep it out of the refs hands but OU and OSU doesn't?

Edited by dcar00
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

OU is in for a rude awakening.  Smart, Saban, etc aren't going to let them get away with it.

Fowler's quote was telling and basically made public what we've known for 20 years now.

If Refs would call it early in the game it would change the dynamic but the Big 12 doesn't give a shit.

Yes, Oklahoma & Texas for that matter will get some "initiation" type calls that favor other SEC schools in years to come...

• Fuck You 4

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

its hard to when THEY PICK UP CORRECT CALLS or blatently fail to review.  why do we have to keep it out of the refs hands but OU and OSU doesn't?

Hey, I can understand your frustration, as example the onside kick that went against OU in the Kansas State game a few years back...

But whenever Oklahoma (or Texas) win by say 3 score margin it doesn't matter [as much] when we feel the refs might have it wrong...

• Fuck You 3

5 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Hey, I can understand your frustration, as example the onside kick that went against OU in the Kansas State game a few years back...

But whenever Oklahoma (or Texas) win by say 3 score margin it doesn't matter [as much] when we feel the refs might have it wrong...

there's a list of 1.  yes the Oregon one would be 2.

• Like 1

Yea everybody was howling about it in the stadium because there was ample replays being played on the board while they looked at if he caught it in bounds but the replays were long enough that everybody could see he went out right before he caught it.  Since they didn't review for that I guess like that onsides kick it would have been on us to challenge and ask for that review and not sure that is something we can ask for or not?

because the the other ref immediately came in and talked him into a force out so he put his hat back on and that was that

My understanding was that they considered him pushed out on the field, and that is why the booth did not review that part of the call.

It was a subjectively ruling that could not be overturned. If they had not previously ruled, then the running out of bounds element could have been overturned.

In 2017 USF and Illinois played a game where 31 penalties were called in the game (the most in FBS history is 36 from an 80s game between Fresno State and San Jose State) Here is how the penalties broke down:  

Here's how the 31 accepted penalties broke down ... 

PENALTY NUMBER

False start

Holding

Unsportsmanlike conduct

Pass interference

Face mask

Offside

Roughing the passer/targeting

Personal foul, delay of game, illegal shift, 12 men, substitution, clipping

1 each

Even in that penalized a game, only 4 of them were holds and I would venture to guess that even when you see a game where there are a lot of holds called the most any team gets hit with is 3, at most 4.
Yea....if we believe in statistics (ie you might get it called against you 5-10% of the plays that you run and it creates a huge advantage) we should hold every play and damn if OU isn't kind of smart to do so.

Our tackles cant even manage to touch the rushers, let alone grab them.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

You have to work the damn Refs all game long.  When I was much younger and in games I actually attended in person regardless of level, I used to get pissed at the opposing coaches who were constantly on the field or like white on rice on the side judges all game long.   I wanted flags thrown on the SOBs for unsportsmanlike conduct,etc.   It didn’t click until later in my 20s and watching Mack . Working  the jackass Refs works more than it hurts.   They will throw your coach a bone or two just to try to get him the STFU.    Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.    But yes Charlie and Tom were limp dicks when it came to working the Refs.    The only time Charlie got worked up was the criminal act know as the 2015 Okie State game.   Never saw Tom get pissed other than a few years ago at Okie State when he got pissed at Gundy or someone on the Okie State sideline.   Never saw him get pissed at a Ref.

Does the Big 12 have a strict rule against publicly calling our these jackasses post game or in a formal press conference?   Because if this is our last year in the Rig12, I say let it rip.  Call out these bastards and Rig 12 front office that allows this.

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

My understanding was that they considered him pushed out on the field, and that is why the booth did not review that part of the call.

It was a subjectively ruling that could not be overturned. If they had not previously ruled, then the running out of bounds element could have been overturned.

this is correct.  it wasn't even close to being pushed out but once the one ref said to the other "he was forced out" it couldn't be reviewed which is exactly why he said it. fix is in.

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

Hard to blame UT when the entire conference complains about OU and the favorable treatment by the referees 

Edited by pacman

Does the Big 12 have a strict rule against publicly calling our these jackasses post game or in a formal press conference?   Because if this is our last year in the Rig12, I say let it rip.  Call out these bastards and Rig 12 front office that allows this.

I’m not sure the Big 12 would fine anyone but would issue a public reprimand. Leach complained publicly at least once after playing us. Mangino did too.

I’d put each questionable play on video and share it publicly. But you gotta put some of our good fortune on there too.

Supposedly, each team submits weekly issues. Would that fall under FOIA?

I watch plenty of football college and pro level and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a potential QB fumble not get reviewed or even looked at. Like ever!! I, as I’m sure everyone in here, remembers 3 separate occasions where the officials reviewed a play and later called a penalty on us. So all of a sudden, none of these twats saw the WR step out of bounds on his own? Like nobody? I’m over this shit and I hope the Rig12 has fun playing grab ass with all the second tier schools

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

42 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I watch plenty of football college and pro level and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a potential QB fumble not get reviewed or even looked at. Like ever!! I, as I’m sure everyone in here, remembers 3 separate occasions where the officials reviewed a play and later called a penalty on us. So all of a sudden, none of these twats saw the WR step out of bounds on his own? Like nobody? I’m over this shit and I hope the Rig12 has fun playing grab ass with all the second tier schools

It seems like an automatic review.   And yes I recall those penalties…..which make that first call that led to OU scoring their first TD even more f’ed up. I was expecting the catch was made in bound, however the WR could not re establish himself , therefore he was an ineligible receiver in the next sentence.    But the again….  Rig 12 Refs. 

Take away the 10 points the refs gave to BlowU and the hail Mary (s) Williams threw up that their recievers were somehow able to catch...game is much different.

And thats ignoring the gooner O-line clotheslining our D around their necks/grabbing jersey nearly every play.

11 hours ago, dcar00 said:

this is correct.  it wasn't even close to being pushed out but once the one ref said to the other "he was forced out" it couldn't be reviewed which is exactly why he said it. fix is in.

Yeah, the rule exists to make wide receivers fight through the DB at line of scrimmage… instead of getting free release by just running off the field of play and then back on again.  

… which is exactly what happened.   It was a bullshit I-saw-it-and-I-called-it-but-then-again-fuck-it-nevermind no-call that gifted OU 30+ yards of field position and possession of the ball (and ultimately 7 points). 

• Rage+1 1

Knowing Sooner fans like I do, this is just a retribution for what happened in 1984. (BTW, I queued up a time in a Youtube video where a bad call went against UT in a very important call  of that game). UT fans need to quit apologizing for that gamee.  IMHO, our sports coaches need to go full "Bobby Knight on this type of BS.  We need a stronger media relations  department as well.

Edited by RC Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2

Definitely a frustrating game, I was hoping with OU leaving with us this would be a bit of a fair game but BIG12 protecting that playoff cash. 

Expect 2015 levels of bullshit this weekend against OSU and the rest of the year. 

That said, one bright spot if you can stomach it is go watch the A&M Bama game. Bama gets called for shit OU hasn't had called in years. If they're going to call Bama, then we're staring at a much more even playing field. 

Hopefully this kind of shit helps clear the way for any lingering thoughts of staying in until 2023. We need to be in the SEC in 2022. 

Edited by BigHornedLurker

18 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Haven't seen this one talked about much but I was surprised they didn't review this too. Honestly not sure if this should've been a fumble or not bc it's so close

user generated

In real time I thought it was forward.  Holy shit.  Another lucky break for those bastards!

• Hook 'Em 1

There is an equal amount of plays from the awful Texas OL that could have been called holding and weren't.    Winfrey was straight tackled from behind multiple times with no flag.   

Blaming the referee's is just not being able to accept you've lost.   It's part of the problem because if you can't accept that you've lost fairly, there is no reason to fix anything.   

• Fuck You 9

20 minutes ago, 27-25 said:

In real time I thought it was forward.  Holy shit.  Another lucky break for those bastards!

When in doubt, it's a forward pass. That doesn't look backward to me, even in slow motion. It looks right in line laterally with the QB's release point.

Fun fact - you won't find the word "lateral" anywhere in the NCAA's rule book.

Haven't seen this one talked about much but I was surprised they didn't review this too. Honestly not sure if this should've been a fumble or not bc it's so close
10651387.gif?width=600&fit=bounds

Are you really surprised?

There’s no way that could have been confirmed between plays.

I don’t think we’ll ever see a game again with a team hanging on by a thread get the benefit of so many close calls or being on the right side of things by inches or split seconds. Unreal.

2 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

I don’t think we’ll ever see a game again with a team hanging on by a thread get the benefit of so many close calls or being on the right side of things by inches or split seconds. Unreal.

That's literally OU in a nutshell the past 2 decades.  Everything goes their way, somehow. 

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

user generated

This one is where the fuckery started, IIRC.  This was not reviewed on purpose.   But again, with one call, we can say 'well the refs are humans and they can make mistakes'.   But once it compiled, it was just another data point for the fix.

19 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Wait until next game.  

• Rage+1 1

That's literally OU in a nutshell the past 2 decades.  Everything goes their way, somehow. 

I get what you’re saying but it is a rarity that we’re up so much so early. And every once in a while we get a bounce or a call (even a legitimate one). This game we got nothing.

Hell last year OU had double digit penalties (so did we). Even on the hold they called, I’m not sure there wasn’t a non -call on a blindside block.

I don't expect every review to go our way but when it seems like they review everything the fact that there was no review on the Mims TD (no way that ref was that certain in real time given what replay ultimately showed) the Williams pass or fumble and the Rattler lateral and then they didn't even bother to either look at or address the issue of the OU WR going OOB before coming back in to make the catch (at least get on the mic and blow some bullshit up my ass about you looked at that and believed he was pushed out of bounds) on the one review they did do is what is is so infuriating.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1