Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

The most unbelievable thing about that whole sequence was dumb and dumber in the booth trying to tell us that you can’t always see a blocked punt, but if you listen to the wind you can hear it.

What was odd was the lack of consultation between the two refs back there. The dude on the left took the power role, which maybe he’s the primary, but he was awfully confident.

21 minutes ago, ultimaton said:

The most unbelievable thing about that whole sequence was dumb and dumber in the booth trying to tell us that you can’t always see a blocked punt, but if you listen to the wind you can hear it.

It’s great that we’re now doing audio reviews in the booth now. The refs that go blind can still work. 

14 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

What was odd was the lack of consultation between the two refs back there. The dude on the left took the power role, which maybe he’s the primary, but he was awfully confident.

It is not odd, when you realize the games are rigged.  They did miss a huge hold by Texas, but allowed a lot of holding and release once the player was out of position by BU.  The ball hit the turf on that 'catch'.  The fumble my moore was correct I think, and it was clearly roughing the punter and they didn't touch the damn ball at all.     It was more bullshit that Texas is simply not good enough to overcome.   

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Exactly. But it wouldn’t shock me if that’s some shit the Big 12 booth folks were dying to them. Big 12 officiating finds new ways to fuck is all the time.

And I’m not saying we lost this game because of the officiating, but that call was fucking awful. 

This team definitely is not good enough to overcome bad officiating.  Not going to blame the bad calls for the losses but there have been drive saving (for the opponent) and drive killing (us) timely bad calls or no calls.  

Sooners holding the shit out of tech too with no calls. We just need to start doing it. Fuck it- we’re losing anyway, may as well give it a shot and see if it changes anything 

You need to engage the defender. Falling into each other, then grabbing a defender’s jersey as you fall down wont cut it.

23 hours ago, statsman said:

OU- Texas is about to really get a big lead, when OU converts on a long pass, where the receiver runs out of bounds. Review does not overturn, because…?

Because there was no question of whether the OU receiver stepped out of bounds or not, he clearly had, but an official decided on the field that he had been forced out. Whether a player went out on his own or was forced out is one of those subjective calls that can't be reviewed/overturned. Like PI or whatever. At least that's my understanding. 

3 hours ago, Helobious said:

Yes, they should’ve blown the play dead for forward progress stopped even though Bijan was still making forward progress. 

I think he had his knee down.

But that was the only questionable call tonight.  ISU didn't need any help.

• Hook 'Em 1

Wow.  End of Oregon game they forgot to restart the clock after a 1st down and didn't even realize when the game was over.

Pac 12 refs still take the cake.  (Oregon "scored" with 10 seconds left up 10 but replay showed he was a clear half yard short.  Refs wouldn't restart the clock once it was reset for a first down until Oregon was lined up.  But Oregon didn't satisfy the gamblers and didn't snap quickly and the clock ran out.

5 minutes ago, txindep said:

Very Aggy to think refs were the problem last night (or this season). 

Who said that? I was just posting the numbers. Jesus. It’s simply a tally of our last 22 conference games. I just find the chart somewhat funny. And by the way, I don’t think the refs cost us…last night anyway.

Edited by CowtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

They cut to commercial so damn quick I thought they would have to cut back in mid break one they saw the flag….

Nope, no flag just incompetence 

It is not incompetence.  It is deliberate.  He has been roughed multiple times this season with zero flags.  Just like Sam used to get hit in the head (targeted) multiple times with zero flags.   

1 hour ago, nineliveslost said:

This bitching about the shitty refs (they are shitty) is making us look even worse and bigger losers full of excuses 

No it isn't.  

We won the OU game if it was well officiated.  We win the OSU game with proper officiating.  The others are losses in spite of officiating.  Maybe if the B12 called targeting during the Arkansas game they might have stopped doing it.  But well, they didn't.  

We lost because Sark is more Turtle than Tom.   

• Hook 'Em 1