Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

10 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Refs have let go at least 2 very obvious defensive PI calls that should have gone against Bama. I don't think there's any way to argue against that.

They also called two (one questionable) PI calls to give us a shot at a TD before half. This crew isn't any good, but some Longhorn fans whine about refs way more than is justified.  It's like a doctor's kid whining that the free pills he steals from his parents aren't brand name.

• Fuck You 5

29 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

Complaining about the refs when Bama has all the penalties takes some serious mental gymnastics.

Its not just the number of flags, it is the impact.  So far in a well officiated game it is 14-0 even with the missed XP.   The holdings, PIs, delay of game all missed count.   They called 2 PIs back to back against them with time running out to make it look good knowing we have a back up QB and are very limited.   

Conspiracy brother Horn out.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Samson's Wig said:

They also called two (one questionable) PI calls to give us a shot at a TD before half. This crew isn't any good, but some Longhorn fans whine about refs way more than is justified.  It's like a doctor's kid whining that the free pills he steals from his parents aren't brand name.

By your own admission they suck… and this is the Fuck Big 12 refs thread… are you stupid or something?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

That’s a weird analogy

1 hour ago, notre dame joe said:

they initially called 'targeting' on arms to the chest of a qb who wasn't even down. 

In a nutshell, this summarizes what happened to Texas throughout the entire game.

If he was down, it's a safety.  If he's not down, then not only can there be no possible chance of roughing, but it's intentional grounding, inside the endzone, which is also a safety.  And then there's the bullshit "targeting" when a player put his arms to the chest of a player that the refs deemed not to be down.

So, it was a safety.  Someone remind me whether or not two points (and possession) might have made a difference at the end?

Fuck everything.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, utee94 said:

In a nutshell, this summarizes what happened to Texas throughout the entire game.

If he was down, it's a safety.  If he's not down, then not only can there be no possible chance of roughing, but it's intentional grounding, inside the endzone, which is also a safety.  And then there's the bullshit "targeting" when a player put his arms to the chest of a player that the refs deemed not to be down.

So, it was a safety.  Someone remind me whether or not two points (and possession) might have made a difference at the end?

Fuck everything.

he threw it hard, motion was down field and it ricocheted off Overshown's helmet and flew backward.  that has to be the logic for why it wasn't intentional grounding. I actually think they may have stumbled on the right call there in the end after a total clusterfuck.

Edited by troph

5 minutes ago, troph said:

he threw it hard, motion was down field and it ricocheted off Overshown's helmet and flew backward.  that has to be the logic for why it wasn't intentional grounding. I actually think they may have stumbled on the right call there in the end after a total clusterfuck.

If Overshown were an Alabama receiver then it wouldn't be grounding.  He's not, so it is.  Determining intent isn't their job there, and if that's what they attempted to do, then then they fucked up.

Intentional grounding, safety, game over, Texas wins.

Before this game I actually had respect for Sabana'sAlabama teams.  Turns out they're a massive bunch of cheap-shotting cheater fuckstains.  Fuck them.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, utee94 said:

If Overshown were an Alabama receiver then it wouldn't be grounding.  He's not, so it is.  Determining intent isn't their job there, and if that's what they attempted to do, then then they fucked up.

Intentional grounding, safety, game over, Texas wins.

Before this game I actually had respect for Sabana'sAlabama teams.  Turns out they're a massive bunch of cheap-shotting cheater fuckstains.  Fuck them.

Yeah but if the defensive player bats down a pass it's not intentional grounding.  I'm being genuine here, I'm not sure it was a safety. I went back and rewatched it, he was not down, he threw the ball forward with velocity and it ricocheted off O's helmet.  I think there is a judgment call there, not sure it was as egregious as initially thought.  the targeting was dumb, possibly criminal.

he's also possibly outsidde the tackle box, he threw it forward, there was an eligible receiver near the goal line (#2 WR), the defense batted it down (with their helmet)... I'm honestly having a hard time seeing it as a clear IG call that was missed.

whole play - ignore the penalty, focus on it simply as a pass:

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1