Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

2 minutes ago, BB65 said:

That to me is why you get intentional grounding.

Right...but if there's a receiver in the area it doesn't get called, and if the ball is deflected it can be argued that it would have been near a receiver if it hadn't been deflected.  But he was down and competent / reputable officials would have seen that and ruled it a safety

8 minutes ago, BB65 said:

Because I have seen replay used to confirm grounding outside the end zone but that could have been NFL and not NCAA

Evidently you can't review whether a QB is down in the end zone either

You can always review the spot of the ball, including spot of fouls.  They weren't confirm grounding.  They were probably confirming the yard line or in/out of endzone.

Edited by JBJ

6 hours ago, BB65 said:

I was clueless as to fair or foul. 

Well. There it is.

I used to do some reffing and umping... football, baseball, futbol. I took as the number one rule a pretty simple one: Don't call what you don't see.

Argue, exemplify, whatever you like, but if you  don't see it, don't call it. Maybe no one else in the crew saw, either, but that's a decision for after the play.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Codaxx said:

You can not review if the play resulted in grounding in the NFL or NCAA. You can only review where the penalty happened. 

1 minute ago, Tex Long said:

Well. There it is.

I used to do some reffing and umping... football, baseball, futbol. I took as the number one rule a pretty simple one: Don't call what you don't see.

Argue, exemplify, whatever you like, but if you  don't see it, don't call it. Maybe no one else in the crew saw, either, but that's a decision for after the play.

Which is basically what I did. Let it play out and clean it up after the play.

13 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I am 1000000% in agreement that Texas got fucked on that play. His shin was down, and I'm not convinced something other than his left hand never touched the turf before he "threw" the ball.  But I don't see how you can call grounding if the ball is deflected by a defender...even though that play literally defines a desperate attempt to avoid a sack/safety. 

And look how close Ovie came to catching the tip...they might still be figuring out how to fuck Texas if he had caught that...

The NFL rule is that a QB already affected by a defender before starting his throwing motion is fully responsible for the ball regardless.  NCAA isn't as clear.

Edited by JBJ
  • Hook 'Em 1

Beyond the fact that nothing from the game is going to change, I'm not sure why so many people are arguing intentional grounding or not.  He was sacked.  Full stop.  Whether or not a player is downed is 100% reviewable, and they absolutely missed it.  Attribute it to fuckery, incompetence, or whatever the fuck else you want.  It was a play that should have resulted in two points and a free kick.  

Edited by Waterboarder
OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

It’s kinda funny because the letter of the law is one thing, but the rule itself was created to prevent exactly what Bryce did. 

Starting tomorrow, I’m going to stop being mad about it. But I plan on being mad about the non-holding and non-face mask for quite a while. Those seemed kinda intentional. Big 12ish. This conference is the cesspool. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On a different note what do y’all think is going happen once Texas (the villain) and OU (the darling) leave B12.  Will the B12 refs find replacements for these roles or will they actually just try to call it fairly?  If the former which left behind team is most likely to be the new team the refs try to fuck game in and game out? 

54 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Are you a cop,uhh I mean ref? You have to tell us if you are 

No but Holiday Inn and a fuck load of the "whats the call" series as a kid.

I'm pretty sure it's technically grounding.  The no judgement necessary type of technical.  The throw would have ended when touched by DMO's helmet.

There's bound to be a clarification letter from years' past on this but it's not in the Rules themselves or Interpretations.  It is kind of in the NFL Rules but clearly stated in the NFL Casebook:

NFL 3-22-4-1 "...If a Team B player contacts the passer or the ball before forwards movement [of the arm] begins, the direction of the pass is the responsibility of the passer, and grounding rules apply."

Edited by JBJ
  • Hook 'Em 1

So shin, hand, forearm, all down in the endzone and not a safety. And holding by the offensive line in the endzone and no call for the safety. But somehow they found a way to imagine two phantom calls to fuck over Texas.

Based on this video a safety should never get called again as it simply doesn’t exist.

In my scenario the intentional grounding should have been called so the ruling would have already been made. The replay would be confirming what was ruled is correct.
I interpret that ruling to be calling intentional grounding as a result of what is seen in replay.

Are you trying to rig a game? No? Then shut the fuck up! /big12 officiating

On a different note what do y’all think is going happen once Texas (the villain) and OU (the darling) leave B12.  Will the B12 refs find replacements for these roles or will they actually just try to call it fairly?  If the former which left behind team is most likely to be the new team the refs try to fuck game in and game out? 

They seem to hate iowa state as well.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I am 1000000% in agreement that Texas got fucked on that play. His shin was down, and I'm not convinced something other than his left hand never touched the turf before he "threw" the ball.  But I don't see how you can call grounding if the ball is deflected by a defender...even though that play literally defines a desperate attempt to avoid a sack/safety. 

And look how close Ovie came to catching the tip...they might still be figuring out how to fuck Texas if he had caught that...

If that had happened they would have reviewed the play, rightly called it a safety, and we wouldn't be griping.

9 minutes ago, Nivek said:

So shin, hand, forearm, all down in the endzone and not a safety. And holding by the offensive line in the endzone and no call for the safety. But somehow they found a way to imagine two phantom calls to fuck over Texas.

Based on this video a safety should never get called again as it simply doesn’t exist.

This is one reason why I'd like for all refs to wear hat cams, if for no other reason than for when they're reviewed by their higherups to get a good idea of where they were looking & what they were seeing. It's be even better if they could all be shown on TV for viewers to see, but maybe that's too much. Replay can help with a lot of things but the question of "why was/wasn't this called?" could be cleared up if you see from their perspective that there was a body in the way or they were looking at a different spot than everyone is yelling about or something else. That said, replay should have been able to easily see that his calf was down with the ball in his hand, I saw it after the first replay of it that showed him down. How can replay officials look at that & not see it after however long they had to look at it? Awful.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Nivek said:

And after seeing how absolutely egregiously wrong they were, they then decided to then say that the saftey call is non-reviewable. It's absolutely amazing the hoops those fuckers jumped through to fuck us

20 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

And after seeing how absolutely egregiously wrong they were, they then decided to then say that the saftey call is non-reviewable. It's absolutely amazing the hoops those fuckers jumped through to fuck us

The funny/sad part is the original call was so bad, they had to jump through hoops just to get Texas the ball back. It was originally roughing the passer and targeting. 

28 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Safety call is ABSOLUTELY reviewable. No question about it. You CAN challenges that a runner was down.

Why can’t there be challenge flags for no calls? Or wrong calls. It’s mind boggling that millions of people can easily see the correct call on TV and the refs on field and in booth can’t? A school should be able to ask for a booth review so the correct call could be made. It shouldn’t matter a call was not made on the field 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Neonmoon said:

Why can’t there be challenge flags for no calls? Or wrong calls. It’s mind boggling that millions of people can easily see the correct call on TV and the refs on field and in booth can’t? A school should be able to ask for a booth review so the correct call could be made. It shouldn’t matter a call was not made on the field 

That's how college football games go from 4 hours to 6. 

22 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

You're assuming that the refs want to get the call correct 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I just tweeted del conte that he needs to publicly call out this lame duck conference for their officiating.  He needs to get about 10,000 tweets like that.  That targeting call was complete bullshit from a crew that is either blatantly  corrupt or completely inept.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I just tweeted del conte that he needs to publicly call out this lame duck conference for their officiating.  He needs to get about 10,000 tweets like that.  That targeting call was complete bullshit from a crew that is either blatantly  corrupt or completely inept.

CDC reply- “it wasn’t a big 12 crew, Slingblade. Maybe stay in your lane, I don’t go to where you work and shake the Slurpee machine.” 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I thought that too after last week. But now I'm convinced the conference just shrugs their shoulders, says fuck off, and it gets worse.  

Watching the officials reaction and discussing it with Sark, I don't think they understood the call either. 

How can a fucking sack be a "defenseless" player when he's still holding onto the ball? It was still a bad call if it was a "helmet to helmet" call but surely this had to be miscommunication from the review booth. 

• Rage+1 2