Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

How do you consider that hold “wisely declined” when their kicker hit a 46 yard FG?
Take the hold, stop them, and it’s a 56 yard FG in the wind
pussy move to give them 3 there. No wonder you think it was “wise.”

You are familiar with the Texas defense, correct? If you think it was smart to put them out there for another third and long, not only counting on a stop but not giving 10+ yards right back, then I don’t know what to tell you. Do you just ignore reality and spout drivel about being a pussy in other arenas of life? Or is this weird little obsession you quote me with all the the time just confined to here?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

12 hours ago, gmr548 said:

The refs weren’t playing QB or in the secondary. They didn’t have the ball with a chance to win/tie and fail to get it done.

The refs literally called a phantom hold when we had the ball with a chance to win/tie, which contributed to our failure to get it done by negating a 1st down and making it 3rd and 22

Youre bad at this. You should quit. 

• Hook 'Em 8

They don’t even try to hide the bias.  14 Texas penalties is not the giveaway but 0 for OSU.  You can’t tell me the didn’t commit at least 4.  I understand how it’s happening because if you’re only looking at the Texas players it’s hard to see what the hell the other team may be doing.  People see what they want to see. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The refs literally called a phantom hold when we had the ball with a chance to win/tie, which contributed to our failure to get it done by negating a 1st down and making it 3rd and 22
Youre bad at this. You should quit. 

lol did you really just go seek out my posts just to neg them? Your obsession is weird. Really man, seek help, get laid, etc. I hope whatever you’re going through gets better, I do l really do, but I’m not going to entertain this.

Going to take your advice and quit engaging. Never put anyone on ignore but there’s a first time for everything, I guess.

55 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

I knew we were in for a bad time with officiating after we announced we were leaving but still had to play a couple years in the conference. I didn’t know it would be this egregious though.

You must have not been paying attention. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I remember having the thought before the season to not get too upset this year because if a game is close the calls will go against us. Part of the reason last week against Iowa st was so surprising on the fumble to end the game. Regardless, the holding call on Jones that wiped out a 50 yard run or whatever was insulting. Get ready for the Tcu game if they’re still undefeated. No way the big 12 loses their potential playoff team

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I think my favorite call was the PI that was so uncatchable that you never even saw the ball on the replay because it landed in the stands. Presumably, it may have flown out of the rinky dink piece of shit stadium 

I prefer the one where the DB was in position to make an interception and the WR grabbed ahold of him and pulled him down, and the DB (Texas) was flagged for PI.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Here's what I don't get: what is the downside of publicly calling this behavior out?  Phil Jackson would always get in front of a microphone when he was coaching the Bulls and talk about the foul discrepancy and magically, the next game it would even up.  We're already getting blasted in the media for sucking, so it's not like being silent and taking the high road is about avoiding any of that.  Sark or more likely CDC should show up to a presser with stats like above and just rationally show the difference in calls, and not just procedural false starts, even if you take those out we are way ahead on the judgement penalties as well.  It doesn't matter if it's unconscious bias or a conscious screw job just calling it out would 1) illustrate to the Texas team and fans that they are aware of the issue and they care, and 2) put the conference on notice that we're not going to take it lying down either, fuckery will be called out.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/commentary-college-football-review-are-refs-needling-usc-texas-and-other-expansion-defectors/ar-AA13hr1f

USC fan:

"...I did not rip the officiating in my column from Utah because I did not allow myself to be fully convinced that a Pac-12 crew was taking every opportunity to punish USC for leaving for the Big Ten and propping up one of the best remaining Pac-12 programs that was playing a must-win game at home. No, I could not make that premise the focus of my column because it simply had to be wrong. Pac-12 refs are just bad, right? Their ineptitude does not discriminate.

But then I saw Texas 14, Oklahoma State 0. And I had to wonder: Are Pac-12 and Big 12 officials making it extra hard on their departed?

Texas, future Southeastern Conference member, is in its second season of its Big 12 farewell tour. USC, future Big Ten member, is in its first season of two saying goodbye to the Pac-12...."

I’ve said it before but it’s worth repeating.  Texas has zero chance of ever getting the benefit of the doubt in regards to the officiating.  The best we can hope for is an evenly called game.  The Big 12 gets it’s refs from roughly the same territory that the conference teams reside in.  In that territory college sports fans either love or hate Texas, there is a very small middle ground.  Understandably you can’t have Texas fans umpiring Texas games which means we are stuck with a small group of officials who are indifferent to Texas and a large group of officials who hate Texas.  Most of these guys would laugh at Texas getting fucked over time and again.  Most of these guys blame Texas for everything that is wrong with the shitty school they root for.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

Thats why I gave up on sports except Longhorns. The amount of times a ref can dictate a game is criminal. I was a kid when I first recognized my first rigging of a game when it was Ohio St vs Miami. Around the 2000s. I forgot what game but the Miami DB made a clean break up on a pass to seal the game but the refs called P8 and Ohio St went on to win the game. Its corrupt in a way where the league cannot do anything unkess they hold the officiating accountable which will never happen. It is why NFL doesnt have state of the art cameras so the outcome can be coontrolled.

I was curious.  P5 games yesterday average penalties per team was 6.4.  Most penalties was Texas with 14.  Second was Tennessee in their rout of UT-Martin with 13.  Next was 11.  Fewest was Oklahoma St. with 0.  Next were Cal and Missouri with 2.  Largest gap was 14 Texas-OSU.  Next largest was UTK-UTM at 8 (13 to 5) and BC-WF at 8 (11-3).  In the other 20 games, 16 games the gap in penalties was 0 to 4.  2 it was 5.  2 it was 7.

I said this against OSU last year in Stillwater.  OU got jobbed and I expected it and wasn’t even upset.  Was more pissed at LR and that was before he left.  Thankfully it’s all here forever on the internets.  Anyone who thinks there’s not, at the very least, some bias is a dope.  

• Hook 'Em 2

54 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Here's what I don't get: what is the downside of publicly calling this behavior out?  Phil Jackson would always get in front of a microphone when he was coaching the Bulls and talk about the foul discrepancy and magically, the next game it would even up.  We're already getting blasted in the media for sucking, so it's not like being silent and taking the high road is about avoiding any of that.  Sark or more likely CDC should show up to a presser with stats like above and just rationally show the difference in calls, and not just procedural false starts, even if you take those out we are way ahead on the judgement penalties as well.  It doesn't matter if it's unconscious bias or a conscious screw job just calling it out would 1) illustrate to the Texas team and fans that they are aware of the issue and they care, and 2) put the conference on notice that we're not going to take it lying down either, fuckery will be called out.

GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY THAT’S JOEY CRAWFORD'S MUSIC!

1930999944_download(2).jpeg.d2a933d942f84ea6c579db9f2ffb03fa.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 3

56 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

Would be cool if Vegas announced a 4 point adjustment to all future conference game spreads going against OU USC UCLA and Texas due to internal officiating biases they have found.

um, they will flag the team for PI during warm-ups then, just to adjust to the line.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I said this against OSU last year in Stillwater.  OU got jobbed and I expected it and wasn’t even upset.  Was more pissed at LR and that was before he left.  Thankfully it’s all here forever on the internets.  Anyone who thinks there’s not, at the very least, some bias is a dope.  

For a dirty Sooner bastard, you’re not a half bad dude.

Edited by lilMAC25

10 hours ago, Js1 said:

Referees are people first, and most people who love the game enough to become college football refs were fans, too, before they decided to don the loathsome black and white stripes. They can try to eliminate their past leanings all they want, but that’s hard to do — especially when certain privileged schools’ decisions are negatively affecting all those left behind.

I've said this shit for years when people point to the fact that the Longhorns and Dallas Cowboys always seem to lead the league in penalties.  It doesn't matter how neutral you try to be, you will always have a bias one way or another.  That's called being human.  We will never get any subjective calls as long as we are in this conference. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Assman said:

We will never get any subjective calls as long as we are in this conference. 

Who says this will end when we are gone from the B12?

Sounds like aggy that read 99% of traffic accidents a driver is involved with happen within a 5 mile radius of the driver’s home.  

So he moved. 

• Like 1