Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

14 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

It would never happen but I’d straight up go independent for two years and pay whatever money. Idc if we play Mount Vernon Virginia Community College, fuck the Big 12. Don’t schedule any of these fucks in any sport moving forward 

Bingo

Should've announced then gone strait independent until it happens. 

I don't really think Texas Tech has the lawyers and legislators to do a fucking thing about it.

• Hook 'Em 2

43 minutes ago, DonnyKerabatsos said:

Can somebody post the video of the holding call, I had tuned out for a second.

Just have your wife/gf/bf punch you in the balls 10 straight times. It’ll hurt less.

43 minutes ago, DonnyKerabatsos said:

Can somebody post the video of the holding call, I had tuned out for a second.

Just have your wife/gf/bf punch you in the balls 10 straight times. It’ll hurt less.

Media is just hung up on the 14-0 difference in penalties stat. The first flag of the game was a holding call on the OSU RT. The dumbass UT coaches declined the penalty, basically giving OSU 3 pts because they were scared OSU would convert a 3 & 23.

It was a game against two teams one of which was one of the least penalized teams in college football and the other one one of the most.

One team’s 8 of 14 penalties were false starts or off sides. (OSU coaches didn’t decline any penaltie)

Two of the biggest judgement calls of the game gave UT the ball on a call that couldn’t be confirmed (really didn’t look close) and a reception called incomplete thay could’ve gone either way, but was ruled in favor of Texas.

With 9-14 calls not being judgement calls, one rando call being called on OSU, but declined by the other teams coaches, the two biggest judgment calls going to Texas b/w the punt and Johnson reception. This narrative is stupid.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 50

Media is just hung up on the 14-0 difference in penalties stat. The first flag of the game was a holding call on the OSU RT. The dumbass UT coaches declined the penalty, basically giving OSU 3 pts because they were scared OSU would convert a 3 & 23.

It was a game against two teams one of which was one of the least penalized teams in college football and the other one one of the most.

One team’s 8 of 14 penalties were false starts or off sides. (OSU coaches didn’t decline any penaltie)

Two of the biggest judgement calls of the game gave UT the ball on a call that couldn’t be confirmed (really didn’t look close) and a reception called incomplete thay could’ve gone either way, but was ruled in favor of Texas.

With 9-14 calls not being judgement calls, one rando call being called on OSU, but declined by the other teams coaches, the two biggest judgment calls going to Texas b/w the punt and Johnson reception. This narrative is stupid.

You are right. It wasn’t the worst ever. But 40 yards of field position late in the 4th? That’s significant.

6 penalties compared to none. That’s significant.

You ran 100 offensive plays without a penalty accepted including about 97 straight in which the call was offsetting for roughing the passer. I couldn’t tell what happened but pretty certain Spence was still upright so it must have been one of those brutal touching the head. You averaged less than 4 yards per rush. Your QB had 31 pressures (to our 14). Those stats say you didn’t do a great job blocking. You often hold when you fail to block well. When you’re behind, you tend to press. That leads to going outside the rules and penalties ensue.
  • Hook 'Em 4

On 10/23/2022 at 9:10 AM, babysdaddy said:

I remember having the thought before the season to not get too upset this year because if a game is close the calls will go against us. Part of the reason last week against Iowa st was so surprising on the fumble to end the game. Regardless, the holding call on Jones that wiped out a 50 yard run or whatever was insulting. Get ready for the Tcu game if they’re still undefeated. No way the big 12 loses their potential playoff team

And I hope our fans respond at the stadium.   Really I'd like to see our AD and HC do some preemptive stuff here with the Refs and start calling them out for the bias and make the media ask the idiots who now run the Big 12 to defend the charges.   That way in the next two games, the media that hasn't been paying attention will start.   And then they can decide if we are blowing smoke up someone's rear end or if it's legit.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Bshep said:

Bye, bitch.

• Hook 'Em 3

35 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Theres no upside to putting officiating on blast.

I get that it sounds like loser talk from a coach after a loss but I'm done with it.  I'm ready for Sark to throw out the stat that we've played X defensive snaps, have had Y QB pressures and opposing teams have been called for 3 holds all year.  It's statistically impossible.   To call that incredibly weak hold on us that cost 60 yards of field position (which effectively sealed the game) after watching their OL and receivers hold all fucking day is just infuriating.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

I get that it sounds like loser talk from a coach after a loss but I'm done with it.  I'm ready for Sark to throw out the stat that we've played X defensive snaps, have had Y QB pressures and opposing teams have been called for 3 holds all year.  It's statistically impossible.   To call that incredibly weak hold on us that cost 60 yards of field position (which effectively sealed the game) after watching their OL and receivers hold all fucking day is just infuriating.

We’d compound our issues with the officiating community by putting big 12 ones on blast.

Lack of professionalism and accountability are existential issues in college football. If OU and Texas arent leveraging the move the SEC to ensure fair officiating then thats dereliction of duty.

I think college teams and conference officials know there is massive corruption and dont want to have a system to look for it, when the corruption is eventually uncovered. They dont want the extra liability.

The OK State game was a miserable experience. 4+ hours and horrible officiating. On top of another turd from Sark.

3 hours ago, Bshep said:

OSU averaged 4.5/41 for penalties UT averaged 5.3/41 going into the game. Holy shit what a difference. It completely explains 14/119 - 0/0. The OL & DL being sloppy doesn't excuse terrible PI & holding calls. 

I don't fault the coaches for taking their chances on a 48 yard FG instead of giving them another chance for a 1st down. Based on our 3rd down defense & the fact that couldn't breathe without committing a penalty I'd personally agree with taking a chance on a 48 yard FG w/ 20 MPH crosswinds. What a dumbass post. We decline 1 penalty on the 7th play of the game & then another one was offsetting so there's nothing to bitch about? We had 2 completely bogus PI calls & one bogus holding call in the 4th quarter that negated 50+ yards. But those are just the ones called against us, they don't take into account the ones NOT called on OSU especially if they're going to call it that picky on us. If that's PI on us then the grabbing of Worthy's hand in the 1st quarter is PI & the grabbing of Bijan out of his break in the 3rd quarter is definitely PI. I won't even bother with the holding calls since it's pretty much assumed that there's holding on every play, but apparently not on any of y'alls plays Saturday

As for the judgement calls, it looked like it hit his leg in full speed but not quite so much on replay. There wasn't a definitive angle so it stood. The non-catch was the correct call & confirmed by replay angles. Your post is wrong on on almost every point other than we jumped offsides too many times. Go back & regroup & try to be better next time.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Bshep said:

We averaged one penalty more per game than OSU, coming in to the game on Saturday. Try again.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

On 10/23/2022 at 12:40 PM, nnm said:

Talk about missing the point.

On 10/23/2022 at 1:45 PM, BurntOrange&White said:

A OU buddy said that not a single hold has been called on their opponents in conference play

Our opponents have only been flagged for one (Tech).

5 hours ago, Bshep said:

This is so dumb, it hurts. Please tell me nobody depends on you for any sort of critical thinking or analysis.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are right. It wasn’t the worst ever. But 40 yards of field position late in the 4th? That’s significant.

6 penalties compared to none. That’s significant.

You ran 100 offensive plays without a penalty accepted including about 97 straight in which the call was offsetting for roughing the passer. I couldn’t tell what happened but pretty certain Spence was still upright so it must have been one of those brutal touching the head. You averaged less than 4 yards per rush. Your QB had 31 pressures (to our 14). Those stats say you didn’t do a great job blocking. You often hold when you fail to block well. When you’re behind, you tend to press. That leads to going outside the rules and penalties ensue.

That was on a tipped ball no less.

4 hours ago, Paul Wesley said:

Pretty sure one of those "offsides" against Texas was when our defense was substituting in response to an offensive substitution, and the refs let OSU snap the ball before our guy was all the way off the field.  You never see that penalty, because (by rule) the refs will stand over the ball and make the offense wait until the defensive subs are complete.

And one of the offsetting penalties was when Alfred Collins was rushing up the middle and was tackled into the quarterback, and (I think) Collins' hand hit Sanders' helmet as the ball came out.  The broadcast never replayed it, and it would be too painful to go back and confirm with a second look, but that contact (which was minor) doesn't happen if Collins doesn't get tackled.  

Just pointing a couple of these out for the guys who want to say, "When you break it down, it was actually very even."  

The calls weren't remotely even.  There were multiple phantom PI on Texas extending OSU drives that resulted in points that 1) were definitely uncatchable balls and 2) weren't PI even if the ball had been catchable.  Texas receivers got zero of those calls.  Then, with the game on the line and only a couple minutes to play, Texas gets yet another phantom penalty - a "hold" on the back side of the play, moving us back about 60 yards -  from first down deep inside OSU territory to 2nd- (?3rd-)-and-22 way back on our side of the field.  

Former OU player announcing the game, discussing 14-0 disparity in penalties:  "That's just great coaching!"

We can't get out of this conference fast enough.  

Exactly.  I'm pretty sure they should have stood over it.  They certainly do it to us.  I've seen them stand over the ball until the offense has to call a TO to avoid delay of game.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, hook me said:

OSU averaged 4.5/41 for penalties UT averaged 5.3/41 going into the game. Holy shit what a difference. It completely explains 14/119 - 0/0. The OL & DL being sloppy doesn't excuse terrible PI & holding calls. 

I don't fault the coaches for taking their chances on a 48 yard FG instead of giving them another chance for a 1st down. Based on our 3rd down defense & the fact that couldn't breathe without committing a penalty I'd personally agree with taking a chance on a 48 yard FG w/ 20 MPH crosswinds. What a dumbass post. We decline 1 penalty on the 7th play of the game & then another one was offsetting so there's nothing to bitch about? We had 2 completely bogus PI calls & one bogus holding call in the 4th quarter that negated 50+ yards. But those are just the ones called against us, they don't take into account the ones NOT called on OSU especially if they're going to call it that picky on us. If that's PI on us then the grabbing of Worthy's hand in the 1st quarter is PI & the grabbing of Bijan out of his break in the 3rd quarter is definitely PI. I won't even bother with the holding calls since it's pretty much assumed that there's holding on every play, but apparently not on any of y'alls plays Saturday

As for the judgement calls, it looked like it hit his leg in full speed but not quite so much on replay. There wasn't a definitive angle so it stood. The non-catch was the correct call & confirmed by replay angles. Your post is wrong on on almost every point other than we jumped offsides too many times. Go back & regroup & try to be better next time.

I would have taken the penalty.  Their kicker was really good under 50 yards.

2 minutes ago, bullet said:

I would have taken the penalty.  Their kicker was really good under 50 yards.

48 yards with a crosswind vs our 3rd down defense & the chance of getting a penalty? I'm good with the decision but to each their own. He missed one from inside 50 in the second quarter.

On 10/23/2022 at 3:13 PM, Hagbard Celine said:

leave

now

This .  Get out now and use breech of contract as a reason.  Our membership in B12 affords us expectation of equal treatment.  That is demonstrably not occurring currently.  See you bitches in court and save all your and your officials emails/text for the last 3 years cause we are going to go over all that shit over the 4yr trial.  Oh and if we lose and and all the appeals, see you in court again over Sovereign Immunity.  Oh, and if we lose that?  Have our UT governor take it out of ATM’s funds.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

This .  Get out now and use breech of contract as a reason.  Our membership in B12 affords us expectation of equal treatment.  That is demonstrably not occurring currently.  See you bitches in court and save all your and your officials emails/text for the last 3 years cause we are going to go over all that shit over the 4yr trial.  Oh and if we lose and and all the appeals, see you in court again over Sovereign Immunity.  Oh, and if we lose that?  Have our UT governor take it out of ATM’s funds.

0E1618E9-BD54-4273-BBB7-6077263E6B0F.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Bshep said:

Oh, horseshit.

your OL and WRs were holding all day with only 1 flag.

it was at best an incredibly one sided shitty job of officiating. At worst, it was pure fuckery.

• Hook 'Em 3

If we don't want to 

14 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

If the people in power cared enough about football to do something like that we probably wouldn’t be where we are right now. We’re in this conference for a few more years, unfortunately. 

Unfortunately you are correct. 

An alternative, less expensive solution-  Have the SEC put out a statement that games played by future SEC members will be reviewed by the SEC  league office.  If there is a determination of likely systemic or coordinated "fuckery", officials involved will be banned from future SEC employment or officiating any future game involving a SEC team.  In addition, voluntary reporting instruction of "fuckery" by league officials with documented proof will result in guaranteed SEC employment and a 500k sign-on bonus.    

• Hook 'Em 1

13 Penalties to ZERO. 
That my friends is the epitome of fucking over Texas. 
Nice job, Big 12.
The sad part is this isn't even in the same ballpark as the 2015 screwjob..also against Okie Lite.

Guess we can't blame T Boone for this one unless he left a zebra trust fund or something.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ousux said:

Guess we can't blame T Boone for this one unless he left a zebra trust fund or something.

Well, yes- aside from basically funding the building of a wing at Texas Scottish Rite hospital in Dallas (sincerely, Thank you 🙏🏻, T.Boone & Family)- T also left his mark by setting up said “Zebra, You have one job to do” trust fund that kicks in a grand to each Official for every penalty called on Texas in Stillwater. 
It’s doubled when OSU “plays” and penalty-free game. 
Those Ref’s made $28K each on Saturday. 😉

49 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

Well, yes- aside from basically funding the building of a wing at Texas Scottish Rite hospital in Dallas (sincerely, Thank you 🙏🏻, T.Boone & Family)- T also left his mark by setting up said “Zebra, You have one job to do” trust fund that kicks in a grand to each Official for every penalty called on Texas in Stillwater. 

Ref's???

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, ousux said:

The sad part is this isn't even in the same ballpark as the 2015 screwjob..also against Okie Lite.

If this thread proves one thing, you guys will definitely find someone to blame.  

*ducks*

I'll show myself out  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 10

5 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

If this thread proves one thing, you guys will definitely find someone to blame.  

*ducks*

I'll show myself out  

Who would you blame for 14 penalties to ZERO?

Were ya'll flawless Saturday?

If the Oklahoma State posters who poke their heads onto our board prove one thing, it's that fans of your school have low I.Q.s.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, NTVTXN said:

I'm in charge of the fund now and the cost is way more than that. I mean we're literally rigging games over here, the Vegas folks charge a ton to let us do that, especially since the mob had Boone knocked off a few years ago. Old age my ass.

Edited by 'stache
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 7

I'm in charge of the fund now and the cost is way more than that. I mean we're literally rigging games over here, the Vegas folks charge a ton to let us do that, especially since the mob had Boone knocked off a few years ago. Old age my ass.

Actually, Patrick Bateman murdered T-Boone Pickens

8 minutes ago, 'stache said:

For real though, fuck yourself for being a dishonest piece of shit.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

You are such an angry person.  You must be fun to hang around.  

You'd be angry too if a holding call was invented at the end of the game down by one score.  Good luck on the rest of the season.  Just kidding, hope your buttholes get blown out and you bleed out your anuses...figuratively of course.

• Hook 'Em 2

45 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Hope you guys enjoyed our visit to Stillwater.  Will probably be the last one.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

You are such an angry person.  You must be fun to hang around.  

I am not angry at all. I am calling out the bullshit.

14 penalties? Seems a little much, but certainly possible.

14 penalties combined with 0? Fuck that. Refs that are flag-happy enough to throw 14 would not just miss all the other team's penalties. If you believe that, you're a fucking retard.

We sucked ass on Saturday and deserved to lose. We did not deserve a 14-0 penalty discrepancy, which we all know is utterly impossible in a fairly called game. Why was it called that way? (and I am sure you still believe 2015 was fair, fucktard)

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ousux said:

In 2015 the Refs went into that game with an assignment or joint agreement they were going to screw Texas. They didn't even try to hide what they were doing.    Last week's Refs did it differently.  More like they were going to focus on Texas like a laser beam on both sides of the ball and totally ignore Okie State.   And they would spread the penalties around to not make it look like something funny was going on until later in the game when even the TV announcers including the Sooner started doubting the ratio.  Then if Texas lost (which we did), the focus of the loss would be shifted to Texas playing sloppy vs the Refs trying to influence and the ratio.    Mission accomplished because even Sark didn't use his presser yesterday to call out the officiating which he had every right to do when a media member brought it up.  It got the weak response I kind of expected though.   If that screw job had been done to Saban, Leach, or Harbaugh, they would've gone ape shit in their presser, and rightfully so.   Leach might not have gone ape shit, but in his own way he would have called out those bozos.  I think Sark certainly would've earned some  goodwill by calling them out to the point the Rig 12 said it violated some conference rule and fined him, the fan base would respond positively and even go as far as doing a gofundme to pay the stupid fine or symbolically pay for it by donating the proceeds to a charity of his choice.     I'm sick and tired of seeing us getting the screw job from the Rig 12 and it's not over.

Edited by Nueces River Rat
  • Hook 'Em 4

25 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I am not angry at all. I am calling out the bullshit.

14 penalties? Seems a little much, but certainly possible.

14 penalties combined with 0? Fuck that. Refs that are flag-happy enough to throw 14 would not just miss all the other team's penalties. If you believe that, you're a fucking retard.

We sucked ass on Saturday and deserved to lose. We did not deserve a 14-0 penalty discrepancy, which we all know is utterly impossible in a fairly called game. Why was it called that way? (and I am sure you still believe 2015 was fair, fucktard)

OK, I agree with you in principal so let's see if we can actually have an adult conversation about it.  You can continue to call me names and curse me out though.  I don't expect miracles.  So yes, 14-0 is a statistical oddity.  But 9 of them were pre-snap penalties that everybody could see.  Conversely, if we had done any of those pre-snap infractions, everybody would have seen those too and you guys would rightfully be calling that out.  You aren't, so I assume we can agree on that.  So you should stop with the 14-0 talk.  It's really 5-0 in penalties.  But we had one called that you refused, so it's 5-1.  We had off setting penalties, so it's actually 6-2 in penalties called.  

Does that really seem all that terrible or such a statistical oddity?  Now if you want to bore down on each penalty and pick it apart, I'm sure you can.  But so could I.  I can go over to OSU friendly sites and link video after video of Texas holding us all day.  They didn't call a lot of holding penalties all day.  I think the one you refused was holding and I remember one or two on Texas.  So which of the 6 penalties called on UT were so terrible?   I didn't love the last PI call where your guy shoved our guy in the back.  Yeah the ball wasn't to him yet, but it didn't seem like it was within 10 yards of our guy.  I didn't see any other PI calls that looked wrong to me.  And we obviously didn't commit any since our plan was to let your receivers run wide open and hope Ewers had a bad day.  I guess that was our plan at least, since we executed it to perfection.    

If Ewers had been anywhere near his B game, you guys probably win that game easily.  I just don't think the officiating had the huge impact on the game that you think it did.  I'm sure it helped, but I don't believe it was the determining factor like it was in 2016.  Our guys played a disciplined, buttoned up game and your guys were pretty sloppy and out of sorts.   The fumbled punt never touched our guy and Johnson caught that ball inside the 10, but neither call was corrected because it was really hard to tell for sure.  But if the refs were so out to get you, why did they call those your way in the first place?  

I realize someone tried to bring this up a few days ago (R.I.P.), so go ahead and flame away and permaban me.  It just seems like you're really hung up on 14-0 when it was actually 6-2 and most seemed correct.  A few went your way and a few (+ a few extra to appease the masses) went our way.  Seems like that happens every week in every league.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

Too many ignored OSU holds (Oline and WRs) as well as DB PIs to count. Saying the refs didn’t have their finger on the scale Saturday is a bald faced lie. 
The egregious hold on Ewers run alone shows the fix was in. GTFO with your dishonesty, poke.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1