Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

As has been said on this thread many times, we have to be 25 or 30 points better than our opponents, to eke out a 10 point win.  Fuck these refs and fuck this conference.

Announce we'll be in the SEC next year, and dare the B12 to take us to court.  They won't, because they remain what they've always been-- dickless pussies.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

The lack of holds called all game blows my mind... its like for some reason that section no longer exists in the B12 rule book

Well, at least this year, they were even both ways against OU/UT.  Hell, I was so used to having all hold calls go against Texas, while OU players got by with bear hugs and shit.

That's the only game we will get somewhat of a break, if we are still here next year, but it will be pretty ugly in the rest.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

8 quarters. 1 yard in penalty. No holds. 

21-1 penalty discrepancy

ive never heard of anything like that

This should be repeated over and over until something is done. Do college refs not get graded on their performance?  I’ve never been a ref complainer, but there is just too much evidence that there is something weird if not deliberate/negligent/etc going on. 

• Hook 'Em 4

• Kevin Mar. He formerly was a Pac-12 referee who worked the 2018 Senior Bowl and was in the ODP in 2017. Mar also spent time in the Mountain West and Big 12 before going to the Pac-12 as a white hat

This is the weird thing to me that makes it even stranger from a tinfoil hat perspective.  This isn't some West Texas homegrown TechTard or some dude who grew up in the heart of aggyland.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Not sure why pass interference can't be called behind line of scrimmage??

Shouldn't that still be called defensive holding ???

No, if it's behind the line of scrimmage you can tackle anyone at any time, from any angle. Also intentional grounding doesn't exist, for most teams. 

Sincerely, 

Kevin Mar

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, hookemATL said:

Can someone explain the fumble that wasn’t a fumble?  I feel like it was glossed over and it seemed like a fumble at full speed. But then they didn’t review or address the at all. I was fucking apoplectic. 

Yes, I was at the game and everyone around me was apoplectic.  What was the explanation for no review?

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, bschoolprof said:

Yes, I was at the game and everyone around me was apoplectic.  What was the explanation for no review?

They claimed they reviewed it when they said "oh never mind Texas didn't take a timeout". BUT I have yet to see any video evidence of Kevin Mar actually going over to the little bullshit screen they set up to review stuff.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

According to RG3 you can pull out a weapon and attack the player as long as it is behind the line of scrimmage

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

They claimed they reviewed it when they said "oh never mind Texas didn't take a timeout". BUT I have yet to see any video evidence of Kevin Mar actually going over to the little bullshit screen they set up to review stuff.

He did not - I was there.  It was one of the most fucked officiating sequences I've seen.  That crew is trash.  

Edited by bschoolprof
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

PI wasn’t the right call, defensive holding was. But because they called PI they decided that it wasn’t PI and instead of correcting the call they picked up the flag?

1259600352_waitwhat.gif.b9f92efb88d8535e2f92849973fa711f.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

33 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

My favorite was when they reviewed the rojo touchdown and concluded there wasn't clear evidence he scored.  Ok fair enough, it looked like he scored but he might have been down on the 6 inch line so the call of no touchdown stands.  So they proceed to put the ball on the 1 yard line.

Yeah,.I was listening to Craig Way and he called out that it probably wasn't a touchdown they should correct the spot. You could hear he was puzzled when they didn't 

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

This should be repeated over and over until something is done. Do college refs not get graded on their performance?  I’ve never been a ref complainer, but there is just too much evidence that there is something weird if not deliberate/negligent/etc going on. 

What makes you think this performance would t be graded very highly by the conference?  Which is who they are beholden to. 

I’m not sure why officiating isn’t under the purview of the ncaa.  Are high school refs run by the school districts or athletic districts?  Or are they run by the UIL?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

What makes you think this performance would t be graded very highly by the conference?  Which is who they are beholden to. 

I’m not sure why officiating isn’t under the purview of the ncaa.  Are high school refs run by the school districts or athletic districts?  Or are they run by the UIL?

Neither. Independent organizations that schools/athletic districts contract with.

Edited by TrashMaster G
  • Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

When that ref announced that the call on the sideline pass had been "confirmed", he did it with an attitude.  

yep.

you could tell right away that mother fucker was going to be an issue.

he was trying to pick up the flag on the one penalty they got and the 'ref huddle' were the other officials noticeably nodding that is was, indeed, a penalty on Baylor.    

His 'attitude' was clear.   Even on how quickly he 'confirmed the call on the field' on the fumble and the lateral and the whatever. 

Puffy Ref.

Wish I would have looked for this thread during the game and I wouldn't have cluttered the game thread up so much with this shit.

Nobody has ever seen a calls disparity this severe.    Anywhere.

I mentioned in that game thread....the 'Grant Teaff' send off game (also in our stadium) was the only thing I remember being that obvious in our own park.

Then, too, the OSU thing with Charlie Strong.   I am with whoever suggested Del Conte isn't doing enough about this shit.

It shouldn't be up to Sark to jump on the grenade and get penalized during the game.    Del Conte has enough leverage in that Big 12 Office to make this embarrassing to the Big 12 and he's not and that's bullshit. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Alphie Solomons. said:

yep.

you could tell right away that mother fucker was going to be an issue.

he was trying to pick up the flag on the one penalty they got and the 'ref huddle' were the other officials noticeably nodding that is was, indeed, a penalty on Baylor.    

His 'attitude' was clear.   Even on how quickly he 'confirmed the call on the field' on the fumble and the lateral and the whatever. 

Puffy Ref.

Wish I would have looked for this thread during the game and I wouldn't have cluttered the game thread up so much with this shit.

Nobody has ever seen a calls disparity this severe.    Anywhere.

I mentioned in that game thread....the 'Grant Teaff' send off game (also in our stadium) was the only thing I remember being that obvious in our own park.

Then, too, the OSU thing with Charlie Strong.   I am with whoever suggested Del Conte isn't doing enough about this shit.

It shouldn't be up to Sark to jump on the grenade and get penalized during the game.    Del Conte has enough leverage in that Big 12 Office to make this embarrassing to the Big 12 and he's not and that's bullshit. 

The Grant Teaff sendoff/screwjob game was in Waco.

• Hook 'Em 4

1. They should have respotted RoJo’s run.

2.It looked like Baylor committed intentional grounding. 
3 Holding all day long.

4. You cannot tackle an eligible receiver in the backfield if the ball is in the air(which it was)

I’ve said this multiple times and say it again. Football officials are the most unaccountable profession that exists. Even when they are clearly wrong their peers will make something up to cover or take a ridiculous approach to defend them. Until officials are publicly made to face their mistakes, nothing will change. Why would it?

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

3 Holding all day long.

4. You cannot tackle an eligible receiver in the backfield if the ball is in the air(which it was)

I’ve said this multiple times and say it again. Football officials are the most unaccountable profession that exists. Even when they are clearly wrong their peers will make something up to cover or take a ridiculous approach to defend them. Until officials are publicly made to face their mistakes, nothing will change. Why would it?

To be clear on 2, that was absolutely grounding. The ball never made it to the line of scrimmage. And that should have been obvious since the line judge was standing on it and the ball landed a yard from him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

3 Holding all day long.

You missed the worst one, the fumble that wasn't reviewed and then them lying about reviewing it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1