Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

15 hours ago, txindep said:

Quick check of SEC fan sites will reveal the perceived fairness, impartiality, and professionalism of SEC refs. Good future news for ppl who like bad news. 

And watching Texas play every week will show that the conference does all they can to make us lose. SEC won’t be that bad. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, redswingline said:

This this Big 12 ref bullshit start before or after we said we were leaving?

For us it started the minute Mack Brown left. As I said before the Big 12 refs loved Mack...not enough to call holding calls against teams we were playing but there was only so far Big 12 refs would go even for him.

There are multiple games in Mack's last few years where if the exact same thing had happened but it was Herman or Strong on the sideline Texas loses. 2012 OSU and 2013 ISU come to mind. The Refs showed Mack mercy and would throw him a bone on close calls. They haven't showed any of our coaches after him much mercy.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, deft said:

Charlie drawing a red card from the officiating crew was waaaaay before we announced we were leaving

That was one of the worst things I have ever seen on a football field officiating wise. I mean a 15 yard penalty about literally nothing? Just flagging the coach because you don't like him? 

But it wasn't just that. The refs did not like Strong at all. They did him no favors and boy did he need some.

On 12/4/2022 at 7:42 PM, DFW Horn said:

that exact scenario, either called a TD originally  (reviewed and called back), or ball carrier down <6 inches from goal line happened at least 20 times this year in both the NFL and college.

every single fucking time, (ESPECIALLY after a TD call overturned) the refs place the ball at the 1, or maybe .5 yard line.   Its been driving me nuts for about 3 years now because CLEARLY the review shows the ball well inside the half yard mark, and in many cases its just like the pic example above, 6 inches or less from being a TD, and the refs keep putting the damn ball down much further back. 

Its infuriating to watch because these are the same fucking review crews that will go over any other spot on the field (if needed) and tell fucking refs to move the ball a half yard back or forward.   But at the goal line, its all or nothing.  either get the TD, or restart at the actual 1 on the next play

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

They aren't really supposed to respot the ball except when the call is overturned.  They often do anyway.

It's the NFL that reviews "all aspects of the play" and does stuff like add 1 second to the clock innthe middle of the third quarter.

Edited by JBJ

On 12/6/2022 at 1:45 PM, redswingline said:

When did the  Big 12 ref bullshit really get going?

Before or after we said we were leaving?

The Rig 12 Refs have not respected our coaching staff since Mack left.     I know Mack wore out his welcome with many of us, but at least he knew how to work the Refs.    We've had zero coaches since then who have done this consistently.   Or even showed a brief outburst of rage when getting the screw job save that one time Charlie got flagged against Okie State.  Look at our conference and the coaches that get some calls to go their way are the ones getting in Refs ear early  and it might be a legit call too as we saw Dykes do exactly that when we played TCU with a penalty early in the game.  He worked that side judge for almost the entire half and I guarantee it paid off later.  Campbell is a whiny bitch, but it's worked for him too.   I don't think Gundy gets in the Refs ear that much, they just know to screw us when we play Okie State so Gunday might take the night off with that one.  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

The Rig 12 Refs have not respected our coaching staff since Mack left.     I know Mack wore out his welcome with many of us, but at least he knew how to work the Refs.    We've had zero coaches since then who have done this consistently.   Or even showed a brief outburst of rage when getting the screw job save that one time Charlie got flagged against Okie State.  Look at our conference and the coaches that get some calls to go their way are the ones getting in Refs ear early  and it might be a legit call too as we saw Dykes do exactly that when we played TCU with a penalty early in the game.  He worked that side judge for almost the entire half and I guarantee it paid off later.  Campbell is a whiny bitch, but it's worked for him too.   I don't think Gundy gets in the Refs ear that much, they just know to screw us when we play Okie State so Gunday might take the night off with that one.  

The reality that games can be altered by whether or not refs “respect” a coach/staff is nauseating.  It makes it very easy to stop watching, paying attention, (ahem) spending $$$s on what they pray we keep shelling out for.

I completely dumped the NBA because of it.  I went from rabid fan spending crazy money on the stuff to ZERO in no time once the proof was on the table.

Keep it up Big 12, keep it up.

Same for you NCAA

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 4

21 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Look at our conference and the coaches that get some calls to go their way are the ones getting in Refs ear early  and it might be a legit call too as we saw Dykes do exactly that when we played TCU with a penalty early in the game.  He worked that side judge for almost the entire half and I guarantee it paid off later.

It got them the roughing the kicker call on a play in which we didn't even touch the kicker.

• Like 1

Whining to refs has shown little to no efficacy (as demonstrated by your own example Matt Campbell) and would probably backfire against Texas coaches.

Even prior to the SEC announcement, there is statistically significant evidence as well as bizarre calls on the field that demonstrate a consistent pattern of official discrimination against Texas football ranging back to 2014.

A new Texas coach, without Texas football bonafides or impressive reputation, will not change this pattern by strenuously objecting to bs calls and no calls throughout the game.

My sense is that Texas coaches purposefully downplay the impact of ref fuckery in order to keep the players focused on overcoming all of this bullshit.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

I completely dumped the NBA because of it.

Fuck that league. The NBA is is shadiest league of them all. They have been telling the refs who to favor for +30 years to set up better TV ratings for the playoffs, not to mention to protect their star players. Enough players and coaches have said as much off record that I will not be convinced otherwise. Then of course, watching it with your own eyes. Seeing the call is clearly wrong and everyone watching it, knows it.

When the stars I grew up watching started to retire, my interest started dropping. When they fucked over the King in that playoff series vs. the Lakers and  dropped the hand check rule 2-3 years later, I went from die hard fan to I don't give a fuck.

Edited by redswingline
  • Hook 'Em 5

16 hours ago, Cajun said:

The reality that games can be altered by whether or not refs “respect” a coach/staff is nauseating.  It makes it very easy to stop watching, paying attention, (ahem) spending $$$s on what they pray we keep shelling out for.

I completely dumped the NBA because of it.  I went from rabid fan spending crazy money on the stuff to ZERO in no time once the proof was on the table.

Keep it up Big 12, keep it up.

Same for you NCAA

Right there with you on the NBA.  That league lost me about 20 years ago when the Spurs got robbed by the NBA and their darling Lakers in the playoffs.   It was evident the NBA wanted the Lakers to get to finals for TV ratings.    

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Whining to refs has shown little to no efficacy (as demonstrated by your own example Matt Campbell) and would probably backfire against Texas coaches.

Even prior to the SEC announcement, there is statistically significant evidence as well as bizarre calls on the field that demonstrate a consistent pattern of official discrimination against Texas football ranging back to 2014.

A new Texas coach, without Texas football bonafides or impressive reputation, will not change this pattern by strenuously objecting to bs calls and no calls throughout the game.

My sense is that Texas coaches purposefully downplay the impact of ref fuckery in order to keep the players focused on overcoming all of this bullshit.

Not so much whining just to whine.   I really believe depending on how a coach approaches it, getting in the Refs ear can help get a bone thrown later in a game.  

Just now, lilMAC25 said:

Mack would absolutely rip into refs on the field.

Did he ever get a penalty for it?

I feel certain that the zebra fuckwittery has been brought up to the conference. Since that appears to have little to no effect, it’s unlikely that screaming during the game is going to. If it would make the fans happier to have a referee yeller, I’d be more than happy to volunteer to take on that role for the team. I’d be way better at it than Sarkisian, anyway. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Did he ever get a penalty for it?

I feel certain that the zebra fuckwittery has been brought up to the conference. Since that appears to have little to no effect, it’s unlikely that screaming during the game is going to. If it would make the fans happier to have a referee yeller, I’d be more than happy to volunteer to take on that role for the team. I’d be way better at it than Sarkisian, anyway. 

Most games from Mack’s era are available on YouTube, go watch them. I’m not saying he was always eating up the refs, I am saying he did it when necessary.

Early 10s when we were blamed for the conference falling apart.

The animosity and jealousy towards Texas since LHN and the BIg12 breakup (and the confluence with social media) directly correlates with ref fuckery.

My guess is that insurance salesmen in Lubbock, Bryan, and Omaha that ref our games have a bias against Texas. All it takes is 1 or 2 of them.
  • Hook 'Em 2

I thought officiating wasn't great during the Mack years as well.  The lack of holding calls vs OU and Tech especially during the 2008 Tech game was indicative of the fuckery we had to deal with.   We were just better at overcoming it back then because we had better coaching and better players.   But the fuckery was happening then too to some degree.  That Tech game was bullshit.   Hell in 2009 the refs were fucking us over with the phantom holding and chop block calls.   Once the coach changed and the conference changed, the fuckery became more blatant, and our ability to overcome it went completely away.   

Heck, look at both of Bama's long rushing TD's they were opened due to massive holds uncalled at the line.   And then couple that with the multiple opportunities to call a safety against Bryce Young, and the official's never even considered it but looked for a way to fuck Texas over.   Those calls and non-calls completely changed the game.  We kick their ass with legit officiating.   Instead, we lose with B12 fuckery.  

The 19 penalties vs 1 yard in two games just highlights how fucked it is and how they don't even care to hide it, after all they got away with bumping into Coach Strong and then flagging him for it only to have the full support of the conference publically for their fucked up actions.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I thought officiating wasn't great during the Mack years as well.  The lack of holding calls vs OU and Tech especially during the 2008 Tech game was indicative of the fuckery we had to deal with.   We were just better at overcoming it back then because we had better coaching and better players.   But the fuckery was happening then too to some degree.  That Tech game was bullshit.   Hell in 2009 the refs were fucking us over with the phantom holding and chop block calls.   Once the coach changed and the conference changed, the fuckery became more blatant, and our ability to overcome it went completely away.   
Heck, look at both of Bama's long rushing TD's they were opened due to massive holds uncalled at the line.   And then couple that with the multiple opportunities to call a safety against Bryce Young, and the official's never even considered it but looked for a way to fuck Texas over.   Those calls and non-calls completely changed the game.  We kick their ass with legit officiating.   Instead, we lose with B12 fuckery.  
The 19 penalties vs 1 yard in two games just highlights how fucked it is and how they don't even care to hide it, after all they got away with bumping into Coach Strong and then flagging him for it only to have the full support of the conference publically for their fucked up actions.  

e50a75d704b83576d516e2011e910850.jpg
No idea what you mean about uncalled holding… oh, wait.

Didn’t Orakpo get a knee injury during a takedown in that Tech game? Definitely a lot of holding in that one, too.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2022 at 3:02 PM, Cajun said:

Yep

Take it one step forward (pun intended), if they actually called "travelling" as the rule is written, it would be hard for NBA teams to break 100/game

On 12/3/2022 at 4:02 PM, txindep said:

Quick check of SEC fan sites will reveal the perceived fairness, impartiality, and professionalism of SEC refs. Good future news for ppl who like bad news. 

I don't even notice the refs for Gator games.

Last Gator game that was officiated poorly was the Miami game neutral site week 0 a few years ago. Big 12 refs. Everyone around me in the crowd (Miami and Florida) were so pissed how many dumb reviews and bad calls happened. 

We need cameras and mics in the Review Room, any and all voice channels live all recorded for instant Replay Review Reviews. Maybe three more refs on field plus a ref in the box for every ref on the field with authority to overturn calls instantly.

I will say that the games I've watched this season, when refffed by B1G crews have had far fewer stoppages for reviews than anyone else. Not sure about Pac12 crews, didn't watch much in the way of games featuring Pac12 teams. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...