Ken Paxton is dirty? NO FUCKING WAY!

Gil Bang

9 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Interesting.  

I thought his securities fraud problems were more a result of being a dumbass than malevolant.  I suppose this could be too.

Or he thought he was bulletproof when it came to investigations.

Or the people he did business with decided to use him.

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Or he thought he was bulletproof when it came to investigations.

Or the people he did business with decided to use him.

Both of those fall in my category of being a dumbass.  Especially for a lawyer.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

The whistleblowers, who notified human resources to protect their jobs, offered no other details about the allegations and did not describe what they believe Paxton did that was illegal. Efforts to reach them were unsuccessful Saturday.

Mateer’s inclusion in the complaint letter, and his departure as Paxton’s second in command, was particularly significant, coming from a political ally who shared a conservative Christian perspective on many social and legal issues.

When President Donald Trump tapped Mateer to become a federal judge in 2017, Paxton lauded him as “a principled leader — a man of character — who has done an outstanding job for the State of Texas.”

Mateer’s nomination was later withdrawn after revelations of anti-LGBT remarks, including calling transgender children part of “Satan’s plan.”

Delicious

• Rage+1 1

Not sure what you’re mad at me about. I mean I think the guy sucks too.

These folks that signed the letter aren’t just state employees. They are appointed. What the fuck happened that they would shine the light in this manner. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Interesting.  

I thought his securities fraud problems were more a result of being a dumbass than malevolant.  I suppose this could be too.

Oh shit, I stopped reading at the first "ad break" thing.

Mateer has told colleagues that he is leaving the government to rejoin a Plano-based conservative nonprofit law firm helping to nominate judges to federal courts, The Dallas Morning News reported Friday. Mateer worked for the First Liberty Institute prior to joining Paxton’s office.

"Law firm"? Somehow I'm guessing the pay is generous.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, JFKFC said:

Never trust a Baylor grad.

When we moved to Texas for my husband’s work, I was aware of Baylor in the general sense-private religious school, footbaw. 

But over the years, I’m still trying to figure out what is in the water in Waco. Very interesting graduate pool. Thus far my mental tally based on people I’ve interacted with is two that should be wearing halos they are so kind and caring and around fifteen that follow a very fluid ethos that shitty doesn’t begin to describe. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Not to rehash his ongoing criminal case but at best in that case, Paxton was allegedly making money off his friends with questionable investments. At best, it shows that his moral or ethical foundations is fairly non-existent at least with friends. Why would he be any different to taxpayers/voters.

perhaps you might think that being arrested and theoretically facing a trial, might have taught him a lesson. And that he would go above and beyond to not get within a whiff of questionable financial transactions. Or perhaps the lack of prosecution empowers him to act more aggressively in his power or connections to earn questionable money.

I would love to see Paxton kicked or voted out of office but I hope he didn’t take a bribe. It’s never good for democracy even if it leads to kicking him out.

41 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Oh shit, I stopped reading at the first "ad break" thing.

"Law firm"? Somehow I'm guessing the pay is generous.

But it’s nonprofit so that means he don’t get no salary and is doing this for love of country, Jesus, troops and patriotic farmers.

Signed,

Trumpkins

When we moved to Texas for my husband’s work, I was aware of Baylor in the general sense-private religious school, footbaw. 

But over the years, I’m still trying to figure out what is in the water in Waco. Very interesting graduate pool. Thus far my mental tally based on people I’ve interacted with is two that should be wearing halos they are so kind and caring and around fifteen that follow a very fluid ethos that shitty doesn’t begin to describe. 

You get private religious school kids who’ve never been in the real world in any sense before college, then stow them away in a campus bubble around kids who have the same background. Then turn all of them loose on the real world.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Not to rehash his ongoing criminal case but at best in that case, Paxton was allegedly making money off his friends with questionable investments. At best, it shows that his moral or ethical foundations is fairly non-existent at least with friends. Why would he be any different to taxpayers/voters.

perhaps you might think that being arrested and theoretically facing a trial, might have taught him a lesson. And that he would go above and beyond to not get within a whiff of questionable financial transactions. Or perhaps the lack of prosecution empowers him to act more aggressively in his power or connections to earn questionable money.

I would love to see Paxton kicked or voted out of office but I hope he didn’t take a bribe. It’s never good for democracy even if it leads to kicking him out.

We need the Texas Democratic Party to be competitive so bad. If we had some skin in the game, republicans couldn’t run dipshits like Paxton and dan Patrick.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I just cannot imagine how corrupt it actually must be to get Mateer to turn on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps he sees Paxton as a liability for his own judge aspirations? He's been turned down two times, but depending upon how the general goes, he can bide his time and try again? He's not that old, really.

You get private religious school kids who’ve never been in the real world in any sense before college, then stow them away in a campus bubble around kids who have the same background. Then turn all of them loose on the real world.
Add scotch, weed, sex, and Briles offense, then stir it all up.

21 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Concern

4C2FF948-6E64-478C-AD8E-D035E0EAFBA6.png

Translation:  We hope the feds completely bury Paxton in the eyes of the public so we don't have to take a stand one way or another, and can just say "well, the feds investigated him and they put him away, and that was out of our hands!""

• Like 1