Ken Paxton is dirty? NO FUCKING WAY!

Gil Bang

12 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

So I think I get it now. Nate Paul gets raided by the FBI and turns to Paxton, who he has donated to, and asks him to get the feds off his back. Paxton apparently takes him up on this offer and either does something improper or takes money or both and his deputies find out about it. At this point it becomes clear that Paxton is a sinking ship so they get ahead of it and turn him in while resigning. Mateer covers his own ass and shanks Paxton on his way out the door. He doesn’t care because he’s a main stream evangelical Christian Republican grifter and Paxton is just a regular grifter, which is a different kind than the lawyer who sues a school because they won’t let students answer math problems with Bible verses grifter. 

I think you may have mixed them up a little; Paxton is the mainstream grifter but Mateer is from the Jordan River fully immersed grifter stream (an offshoot of the evangelical Christian Republican grifter) and everyone knows the first rule they have: don’t cross the streams. 

2 hours ago, Celery Man said:

I like to call doing a query "combing" sometimes.

"Yeah man...we been 'combing' the desert query...and we ain't found SHIT!"  

Why can’t shit like this also happen at a higher level?  Where the fuck are the Republican Congress critters turning on each other and/or the Dotard?  Something really bad must have gone down with Paxton to make these rats turn on him and go for the jugular. Can’t. Wait. 

3 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

There's just a special sort of Texas down home hilarity about the state's top law enforcement officer, having been under indictment for 5 years,  using his office in this fashion.  

Seems that it isn't all that Texas specific. Look at the incumbent governor of Georgia becoming the secretary of state overseeing elections long enough to declare himself the winner of the governorship.

John Cornyn, who was AG a long time ago, had an interview today where he softly laid into Paxton and hasn’t been happy with him since the original indictments 5 year ago. Stopped short of telling him to resign.

Travis County DA was personally asked by Paxton to investigate FBI and DPS officers as a favor to Nate Paul if I read right.

It's just amazing to me that GOP voters could get everything they claim to want (anti-abortion, pro-gun, lower taxes) from a candidate that isn't a corrupt piece of shit, but they inevitably pick the piece of shit. It's fucking habitual.

It's starting to feel like those political stances and corruption are mutually inclusive, and they shouldn't have to be, right?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, ToY said:

What if I hypothetically told you that Ken had a mistress and she worked for Nate Paul?

1 hour ago, ToY said:

Yeah, that's a terribly written piece, but is the takeaway of the allegations that:

1 -- Paxton was banging a gal who wasn't his wife.

2 -- said gal worked for Nate Paul.

3 -- that relationship was part of the reason that Paxton was so eager to use state resources to help out Paul.

4 --- ?????

5 -- Undefeated?

From the capitol inside link above ...

The sidebar drama is all the more scandalous in light of Paxton's reputation as a staunch Christian who's attended the megachurch Prestonwood Baptist

Is it though, is it? There's a direct correlation between the staunchness of one's Christianity and their propensity for scandalous behavior.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, UrbanAchiever said:

From the capitol inside link above ...

Is it though, is it? There's a direct correlation between the staunchness of one's Christianity and their propensity for scandalous behavior.

DING DING DING.

Someone shared this observation with me a while back, and it's painfully true: when dealing with a business, your chances of being utterly screwed over and cheated by the business go up with every outward statement/symbol that they are a "Christian-run business."  If that van has a big Jesus fish on it....don't even let that fucker inside your house.  He'll fuck you over, charge 2X what the job is worth, and then threaten you when you call him on his bullshit.

The more conspicuous one's "Christianity," the more likely it is that the person is using it as a shield/excuse for loathsome/cruel behavior.

• Hook 'Em 4

17 hours ago, ToY said:

What if I hypothetically told you that Ken had a mistress and she worked for Nate Paul?

My understanding of the situation is at slight variance with that.  As I understand it, the mistress was (is?) a legislative staffer who either worked or works in Sen. Paxton's office.

The money from Nate Paul went to pay her off.  So this story isn't just salacious--it has a direct link to why Paxton was soliciting/accepting bribes.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

DING DING DING.

Someone shared this observation with me a while back, and it's painfully true: when dealing with a business, your chances of being utterly screwed over and cheated by the business go up with every outward statement/symbol that they are a "Christian-run business."  If that van has a big Jesus fish on it....don't even let that fucker inside your house.  He'll fuck you over, charge 2X what the job is worth, and then threaten you when you call him on his bullshit.

The more conspicuous one's "Christianity," the more likely it is that the person is using it as a shield/excuse for loathsome/cruel behavior.

Don't forget any business that includes the word "patriot" in their name or description.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Chronicle reporting on the irony that Paxton has been arguing against the special prosecutors bill rate in his 2015 indictment. Paxton claims the rate is too high based on current law. The rate? $300/hr.  What is the rate that Paxton agreed to pay for this latest special prosecutor? $300/hr.

The 2015 indictment special prosecutors have already filed this in defense of their rate. I believe a disagreement on their rates have been an ongoing reason for the delay.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

DING DING DING.

When you see that little Jesus fish on a company truck, run.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

That guy’s ads have led me to always thanking everyone for their service, regardless of their work history.

Those ads just f'n bug me with the tag line of "and veterans are always welcome."  I mean....is there some problem with car dealerships screening out veterans as eligible customers?

Dude walks into the Ford dealer, greeted by the first sales guy -- "good day sir.  Before I show you our fantastic new F-150s.... did you serve?"  Why yes I did, 10 years in the Army.  "GTFO, VETERAN!"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2