Ken Paxton is dirty? NO FUCKING WAY!

Gil Bang

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

DING DING DING.

Someone shared this observation with me a while back, and it's painfully true: when dealing with a business, your chances of being utterly screwed over and cheated by the business go up with every outward statement/symbol that they are a "Christian-run business."  If that van has a big Jesus fish on it....don't even let that fucker inside your house.  He'll fuck you over, charge 2X what the job is worth, and then threaten you when you call him on his bullshit.

The more conspicuous one's "Christianity," the more likely it is that the person is using it as a shield/excuse for loathsome/cruel behavior.

When I was a young man, maybe 18 or so, I worked for a General Contractor.  He was Catholic.  He attended Mass every Sunday, without fail.  If he took the wife to Las Vegas for the weekend, he found a church  and attended Mass.

One day he was meeting with a new subcontractor.  I stayed in the truck.  When he returned I asked him how it went.  He said "in a 15 minute conversation, he told me that he was a Christian about 5 times. I'm pretty sure he'll try to screw me". 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Those ads just f'n bug me with the tag line of "and veterans are always welcome."  I mean....is there some problem with car dealerships screening out veterans as eligible customers?
Dude walks into the Ford dealer, greeted by the first sales guy -- "good day sir.  Before I show you our fantastic new F-150s.... did you serve?"  Why yes I did, 10 years in the Army.  "GTFO, VETERAN!"
I always just assume that it means secret code for "we are not just going to ream your ass, but will also tickle your balls and throw in some car mats".

11 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

When I was a young man, maybe 18 or so, I worked for a General Contractor.  He was Catholic.  He attended Mass every Sunday, without fail.  If he took the wife to Las Vegas for the weekend, he found a church  and attended Mass.

One day he was meeting with a new subcontractor.  I stayed in the truck.  When he returned I asked him how it went.  He said "in a 15 minute conversation, he told me that he was a Christian about 5 times. I'm pretty sure he'll try to screw me". 

You know--it's not super hard to find a Catholic Church in Las Vegas.  The Cathedral is right behind the Wynn and they have some pretty convenient times for Mass (i.e., I'm pretty sure there's no 8:00 AM Mass).

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

My understanding of the situation is at slight variance with that.  As I understand it, the mistress was (is?) a legislative staffer who either worked or works in Sen. Paxton's office.

The money from Nate Paul went to pay her off.  So this story isn't just salacious--it has a direct link to why Paxton was soliciting/accepting bribes.

wait...whoa...he's fucking one of his WIFE'S staffers?

are you shittin' me?

17 minutes ago, ToY said:

No, possibly one of Donna Campbell's staffers (maybe former) 🤭

Ok.  I was unclear on that.  Did she at some point go through Sen. Paxton's office?

I was under the impression that there was a connection there with Sen. Paxton (I mean, besides being pogo sisters).

• 2 weeks later...

SWAMPY. Worked her way up pretty quickly in the AG’s office and then abruptly terminated. Looks like retaliation.

Top aide in Texas attorney general's office terminated after accusing Ken Paxton of bribery

The departure "was not voluntary," said Lacey Mase, one of several senior aides who said Attorney General Ken Paxton used his office to serve the interests of a donor.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/10/20/texas-attorney-general-ken-paxton-aide-fired/

26 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

They totally fired her because she accused Paxton of taking the bribe, which you know he did. At the same time fuck her for working for Paxton all these years, she knew exactly what she was getting into. 

I can't believe my boss who has been under indictment his entire time in office would do something illegal.  You think you know a guy.

Excuse my beer language, but what a fucking idiot.

From the article, “Under a unique provision of Texas law, a state agency is presumed to be retaliating against a whistleblower if a termination occurs 90 days or less after the whistleblower reports the violation to law enforcement.”

Second whistleblower who accused Texas AG Ken Paxton of corruption has been fired

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Second-whistleblower-who-accused-Ken-Paxton-of-15668494.php

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Excuse my beer language, but what a fucking idiot.

From the article, “Under a unique provision of Texas law, a state agency is presumed to be retaliating against a whistleblower if a termination occurs 90 days or less after the whistleblower reports the violation to law enforcement.”

Second whistleblower who accused Texas AG Ken Paxton of corruption has been fired

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Second-whistleblower-who-accused-Ken-Paxton-of-15668494.php

Yup--as I said above, it's a pretty nice little Whistleblower Act claim.

Edited by Ghost of LL

On 10/12/2020 at 1:02 PM, Brisketexan said:

DING DING DING.

Someone shared this observation with me a while back, and it's painfully true: when dealing with a business, your chances of being utterly screwed over and cheated by the business go up with every outward statement/symbol that they are a "Christian-run business."  If that van has a big Jesus fish on it....don't even let that fucker inside your house.  He'll fuck you over, charge 2X what the job is worth, and then threaten you when you call him on his bullshit.

The more conspicuous one's "Christianity," the more likely it is that the person is using it as a shield/excuse for loathsome/cruel behavior.

A friend of mine who was Mormon and a law dog said if someone is in your face about their Christianity, hold on to your wallet.

On 10/21/2020 at 1:31 PM, Hank Scorpio said:

I got a job at the AGs office so I could uphold laws brutalizing immigrants, ensure that minorities can’t vote, and sue Obama 352 times. But I will not sacrifice my integrity when I see my boss get 25 grand from some idiot to do nothing. 

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I hope they all file whistleblower claims and win large jury verdicts that are then thrown out by the Texas Supreme Court. It would be nice for them to experience the judicial system they helped create. 

If that was a Coen brothers movie, I'd make popcorn and watch that.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/21/2020 at 1:31 PM, Hank Scorpio said:

I got a job at the AGs office so I could uphold laws brutalizing immigrants, ensure that minorities can’t vote, and sue Obama 352 times. But I will not sacrifice my integrity when I see my boss get 25 grand from some idiot to do nothing, and he didn't give me my cut.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 10/4/2020 at 7:31 AM, Mrs Whiggins said:

When we moved to Texas for my husband’s work, I was aware of Baylor in the general sense-private religious school, footbaw. 

But over the years, I’m still trying to figure out what is in the water in Waco. Very interesting graduate pool. Thus far my mental tally based on people I’ve interacted with is two that should be wearing halos they are so kind and caring and around fifteen that follow a very fluid ethos that shitty doesn’t begin to describe. 

Same river flows from Lubbock through Waco and on to College Station.  Crazy gets more concentrated the further you go downstream.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TexasEd said:

Getting Paxton on the ropes before election returns come in is hilarious timing.

The fact that he's got multiple former Texas AGs, the current sitting governor, and both Senators turned against him, not to mention the types like Chip Roy going to bat for the employees who ratted him out, helps greatly.

44 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The fact that he's got multiple former Texas AGs, the current sitting governor, and both Senators turned against him, not to mention the types like Chip Roy going to bat for the employees who ratted him out, helps greatly.

Yet he's still AG, and ain't going anywhere.  Because you know who REALLY runs this state?  Batshit crazy, cruel and hateful fundagelicals.  And who LOVES them some Ken Paxton?  Batshit crazy, cruel and hateful fundagelicals. 

He's not going anywhere.  Shit, the more middle fingers he extends to the rule of law, the more they like him.

On 10/4/2020 at 7:31 AM, Mrs Whiggins said:

When we moved to Texas for my husband’s work, I was aware of Baylor in the general sense-private religious school, footbaw. 

But over the years, I’m still trying to figure out what is in the water in Waco. Very interesting graduate pool. Thus far my mental tally based on people I’ve interacted with is two that should be wearing halos they are so kind and caring and around fifteen that follow a very fluid ethos that shitty doesn’t begin to describe. 

You are absolutely correct that there is kind of a peculiar pathology at Baylor.  For a religious school that still has religious rules, it is pretty large.  In contrast to say Abilene Christian.

There is quite a bit of normal-to-outrageous college debauchery at Baylor.  It's kept quiet-ish, but not like it would be at ACU or a lot of small religious schools with rules.  You have to try pretty hard to get kicked out of Baylor.  But it can still be socially cool to be a teetotalling, self-righteous "Christian."

So, you have meek, religious kids that graduate from Baylor.  You have other, regular, "drift-away" kids that graduate from Baylor; they are a lot like UT (or any other secular school) kids.  And then you have some that learn a brand of hypocrisy that is all too common among modern "Christians;" they are as debauched or moreso than your average college student, drugging, drinking, date-raping and all that, but they participate in Christian organizations and maintain the teetotaling, self-righteous image of that brand of Christianity.  

I bet if you did a deep dive on Ken Paxton at Baylor, you'd find that he was of the third type.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

You are absolutely correct that there is kind of a peculiar pathology at Baylor.  For a religious school that still has religious rules, it is pretty large.  In contrast to say Abilene Christian.

There is quite a bit of normal-to-outrageous college debauchery at Baylor.  It's kept quiet-ish, but not like it would be at ACU or a lot of small religious schools with rules.  You have to try pretty hard to get kicked out of Baylor.  But it can still be socially cool to be a teetotalling, self-righteous "Christian."

So, you have meek, religious kids that graduate from Baylor.  You have other, regular, "drift-away" kids that graduate from Baylor; they are a lot like UT (or any other secular school) kids.  And then you have some that learn a brand of hypocrisy that is all too common among modern "Christians;" they are as debauched or moreso than your average college student, drugging, drinking, date-raping and all that, but they participate in Christian organizations and maintain the teetotaling, self-righteous image of that brand of Christianity.  

I bet if you did a deep dive on Ken Paxton at Baylor, you'd find that he was of the third type.

I like your description and probably because it does seem to jibe with my anecdotal experiences. The first two types would not have particularly surprised me, but the latter certainly did. I suppose it relates a little to the adage that was mentioned on here about folks that approach you with the "I'm a Christian business person," are the people with whom you should forsake business or your wallet will regret it.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yet he's still AG, and ain't going anywhere.  Because you know who REALLY runs this state?  Batshit crazy, cruel and hateful fundagelicals.  And who LOVES them some Ken Paxton?  Batshit crazy, cruel and hateful fundagelicals. 

He's not going anywhere.  Shit, the more middle fingers he extends to the rule of law, the more they like him.

The House can tie his hands when they are back in session, and investigate him, and the top R on the judiciary committee has already made noise about it.

If things go as expected with November, and the Rs take some big losses in Texas, I could see the Rs trying to force Paxton out and get somebody in there who has a chance in 2022.  The Rs will be in full damage control, trying to keep their power, and they can't have Paxton hanging around.  I think that's why so many big-name Rs came out against Paxton.

Sounded like George P. wanted to take a swing at Lt. Gov. or Governor depending on how the 2020 election fell out and what Patrick and Abbott set their sights on.  There's still lots of time, but with Paxton not only out of office, but probably in prison...I guess AG is the next safe, logical play. Only thing that's a head scratcher is Ash put these feelers out  months ago before any of this shit about Paxton was really out in the sunlight.  

https://www.statesman.com/news/20201105/ag-officials-complain-of-retaliation-after-taking-paxton-allegations-to-fbi?template=ampart&__twitter_impression=true

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/investigations/2020/11/05/deposition-reveals-new-links-between-texas-attorney-general-ken-paxton-and-developer-nate-paul/

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/11/05/texas-ken-paxton-whistleblowers-retaliation/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

The DMN one is behind a paywall but the others are fun. Quote below is from the DMN article:

“Paul acknowledged in the deposition that he has talked to Paxton and his staff about his legal matters, including his lawsuit with the Mitte Foundation. But he denied coercing Paxton to hire an outside lawyer to investigate his complaints.
Several hours into the deposition, Paul was asked whether he had ever talked with Paxton about Cammack, the outside attorney, before Paxton retained him. That’s when Wynne, Paul’s lawyer, asked to take a break.
When the questioning resumed, Wynne said he had just spoken with First Assistant Attorney General Brent Webster. Wynne said Webster directed his client not to talk about his complaints about the FBI and the alleged scheme to seize his properties.
“The attorney general’s office is asserting law enforcement privilege on all of these matters and all of these questions,” Wynne said. “They were not notified about this deposition, so on their behalf I’m conveying that message and instructing my witness not to answer. Regardless of who turns out is right, I would rather my client not disobey a direct order from the first assistant here.”
Paul declined to answer several more questions from an attorney representing the court- appointed receiver in the legal dispute, including whether the developer had recordings of Paxton or had met with Cammack.”

Edited by That Guy

Lawyer:  "Ken, you're gonna get thrown outta office and into prison."  

Paxton:  "Yeah, I know.  Give me some advice I can actually use on the inside!"  

Lawyer:  "If I were you, I'd grow eyes on the back of my head." 

Paxton:  "Righty's working on it!"  

Edited by Lobo