Ken Paxton is dirty? NO FUCKING WAY!

Gil Bang

Pretty sure I’m voting R primary next year. Gonna wait and see for further validation or not with Virginia this year to see how people that attach themselves to Trump play out. Not a good indicator but love watching the off year stuff to get any read I can find and warp it to my views.

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

So is this an indication toward Paxton possibly losing his primary, making himself vulnerable to account for his felonies and then possibly getting sentenced to incarceration where he'll eventually be prison raped in his good eye? I don't want to jump to conclusions. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Chooky said:

So is this an indication toward Paxton possibly losing his primary, making himself vulnerable to account for his felonies and then possibly getting sentenced to incarceration where he'll eventually be prison raped in his good eye? I don't want to jump to conclusions. 

Alternate take: if he ends up not being the Texas AG, that frees him up to run for POTUS.

Because this timeline.

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Chooky said:

You imply Abbott wouldn't pardon him.

17 minutes ago, Js1 said:

You imply Abbott wouldn't pardon him.

Abbott is backing another horse in the race, and you know Paxton has probably been lobbying Trump to not endorse Abbott because of that.

And I'm willing to go a little further and say Guzman probably already had the TLR endorsement (and Abbot's) in her back pocket when she stepped down to run for AG.

Paxton is going to be left out to dry.  Guzman and Bush will be directing their fire at him, and he's going to have to divide his resources (which probably won't be replenished so easily) against them.

Others said it best - it's a shame that Molly Ivins wasn't around to watch this play out and write about it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

you sound.... uh, fun

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

exactly. If you're suburban dad taking your kids to a soccer game, dress up like a player if that's your thing. If you're a state leader that wants higher office, don't dress like you're 12 while out in public.

• Hook 'Em 3

I doubt Paxton had anything to do with that site.  It implicates a close business associate of Nate Paul's.  Which will eventually reflect poorly on Paxton.  Ken's real worry is he was suppose to help Nate Paul launder money for some less than reputable businessmen and failed.  And these are the kind of businessmen who hold grudges.  And not legal ones.  

• 2 weeks later...

Maddow dedicated opening monologue to that today ^^^^^^ 

White guys can vote for their dead parents and get 5 year probation or 3 days in jail, and this guy is in jail on 100k bond in Montgomery Co., not Harris Co. for voting before his parole ended on a burglary charge in the mid 90s. Crystal Mason was given a 5 year sentence for using a provisional ballot she was told to use.

Paxton speaking at CPAC on Sunday before Trump.

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Rage+1 1

Under a bill approved in 2007 by both the Texas House and Texas Senate, the Texas Department of Criminal Justice would have been required to notify people released from custody about their eligibility to vote. However, former Gov. Rick Perry vetoed that bill.

A similar bill filed this week by State Rep. John Bucy would require the state to give people convicted of felonies more information about their eligibility to vote.

God forbid we inform citizens of their rights.

I hate so many things about this country.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Maddow dedicated opening monologue to that today ^^^^^^ 

White guys can vote for their dead parents and get 5 year probation or 3 days in jail, and this guy is in jail on 100k bond in Montgomery Co., not Harris Co. for voting before his parole ended on a burglary charge in the mid 90s. Crystal Mason was given a 5 year sentence for using a provisional ballot she was told to use.

Paxton speaking at CPAC on Sunday before Trump.

I saw that and found it infuriating. Paxton should be afraid to be that damn evil and hateful.

Ken's gonna fight tooth and nail to get re-elected.  You can expect a lot more of this lunacy to take place before he's done fighting.  When your alternative to winning re-election and keeping your security detail is what he's half-staring at...you'd pull out all the stops, too.  

48 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Ken's gonna fight tooth and nail to get re-elected.  You can expect a lot more of this lunacy to take place before he's done fighting.  When your alternative to winning re-election and keeping your security detail is what he's half-staring at...you'd pull out all the stops, too.  

With all of the people who testify to his wickedness, would it be possible for someone so loathsome to be re-elected outside of the South?

1 hour ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Well ya see, the Texas GOP sees a negro who dared to vote so out came the long swords.

18 minutes ago, Satchel said:

With all of the people who testify to his wickedness, would it be possible for someone so loathsome to be re-elected outside of the South?

Posted this in another thread, but applies to Texas Republicans

822969312.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Abbott may use this as ammunition to declare an end to early voting in Texas.

The GOP and Abbott can be pretty fucking stupid, but to pull off something like this....the amount of pissed off people would be insane.

Last year, 9.7 million voted early, over 53% of registered voters.

And it would hurt a shitload of Republican voters.  Plenty of olds really like early voting and not having to wait in line, etc.

11 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

And it would hurt a shitload of Republican voters.  Plenty of olds really like early voting and not having to wait in line, etc.

Olds will be allowed to vote early, you can take that to the bank.  It’s just everyone else will be forced to vote on election day.

12 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Olds will be allowed to vote early, you can take that to the bank.  It’s just everyone else will be forced to vote on election day.

100% this. it's coming. tx courts will rubber stamp it, hopefully the SC steps up 

12 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

If they try to take away my early voting, it’s on. I will not stand in line on Election Day with the plebs. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...

fitlump's favorite AG candidate outraised Paxton, but Paxton still has more money (he'll need it though).

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/07/16/george-p-bush-ken-paxton-texas-2022/

Land Commissioner George P. Bush kicked off his attorney general campaign by outraising the incumbent, fellow Republican Ken Paxton, and another primary challenger, former Texas Supreme Court Justice Eva Guzman. But Paxton has more money saved up for the battle than both of his opponents.

According to campaign finance reports released Friday, Bush raised $2.3 million over the last 10 days of June, while Paxton took in $1.8 million and Guzman collected $1.1 million. The campaigns had announced those figures earlier in the week, making clear Bush would be the fundraising leader for the period.

The filings that came out Friday, though, showed Paxton with a clear cash-on-hand advantage — $6.8 million in reserves. Bush reported $2.7 million in cash on hand, while Guzman disclosed $611,000.

26 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

George P's pride has to have taken a hit.

So now he'll have to turn on Trump's pick, and he's going to have Abbott's pick taking potshots at both he and Paxton.  Millions and millions are going to be spent in the Republican primary tearing each other to shreds.

mr burns GIF

• Like 1

Good lord, I honestly feel bad for George P. after reading that particularly after he abandoned his current gig and gave away as much Texas land as he could for the Trump-Abbott Wall Jerkoff party.  Christ George, he couldn't say more between the lines if he dug up your grandparent's corpses and pissed on 'em.