Ken Paxton is dirty? NO FUCKING WAY!

Gil Bang

2 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

The House has been looking into Paxton's dealings that have been well-known, but it looked like no one was doing anything about it.

The House General Investigating Committee had a meeting scheduled earlier this week to discuss their findings. Right before that, Paxton sent out the notice about Phelan being drunk and that Phelan should be resign. That was a bomb that one prominent Republican was calling out another Republican leader.

But then at the meeting, the committee aired all the dirty laundry (See the allegations here: https://www.texastribune.org/2023/05/24/ken-paxton-abuse-power-house-investigation-texas/), which made any sort of allegation of being drunk on the House floor look like a speeding ticket by comparison.

Then there is a dumpster fire at the TX Attorney General office where papers are obviously part of the dumpster contents.

Today, the House GI Committee unanimously voted to push for impeachment in the House. All chatter is that they have plenty of votes to do it.

I would think if he were impeached and removed that a lot of the protection he has had would be gone... and it would be much easier to move forward with any sort of legal action.

It would certainly make it somewhat easier to prosecute him for the original, securities law violations.  But, tbh, those are a little bit chickenshit, especially compared to all this Nate Paul shit.

I am really quite surprised our idiot lege is moving against him.  Any reason to believe the Senate will or won't get the 2/3 to convict?

Also, that section of the Gubmint Code cited by chubs in the video above is as follows:

NO REMOVAL FOR ACTS COMMITTED BEFORE ELECTION TO OFFICE. (a) An officer in this state may not be removed from office for an act the officer may have committed before the officer's election to office.

I don't believe that means what fatty boombalatty wants it to mean.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

It's very surprising they didn't involve him in the investigation after he actively interfered in the FBI's investigation of Nate Paul and literally burned documents this week.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 5

55 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

im getting fuckin drunk, again

EDIT: Im getting fuckin Phelan'd

PHELAN'D!!

54 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Paxton will be sleeping with one eye open. 

Hugging his pillow tight?

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

His attorney is arguing that it doesn’t matter what Paxton did prior to the last election because it can’t be considered for impeachment? Probably a great legal argument, assuming that is the law, but extremely horrible to argue that in the PR space.  Why am I not surprised this is paxtons representation.

4 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

All time hilarious turn of events if it’s true that even Trump wants nothing to do with the shit storm that’s brewing around Paxton

Can’t imagine that Paxton has anything left to offer Trump if he’s out of office, tossed out by the Texas GOP.

31 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Holding his pillow tight.

Freudian slip

10 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

All time hilarious turn of events if it’s true that even Trump wants nothing to do with the shit storm that’s brewing around Paxton

newmanhaha.gif

Edited by Bullneck

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

What should be worrying Paxton is that Abbott and Patrick seem to be staying quiet publicly about this, or at least mostly quiet.  I’ve actually not seen anybody important step up publicly and defend him.

he has no allies, no friends

Abbott is running for president

He has a Lt Governor that worships at the altar of Trump and has been endorsed by him

He has an Attorney General that Trump name drops and endorses.

Now Trump wont Paxton's calls.

What is Danny Goeb thinking about right now? No public defense of Paxton.

• Hook 'Em 2

"WE WILL ALL BE RESPONSIBLE as any juror would be... and I think the members will do their duty," said Lt. Gov. @DanPatrick in his first public comments about presiding over a potential impeachment trial of Attorney General @KenPaxtonTX."

Kenny....you're fucked.

Patrick didn't come out calling the House members liberals and RINOs.

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I'd be curious to know the $$$ behind all this, and why now ?

I have no special knowledge, but I think that there is, as Paul Harvey always said -- the rest of the story, that is yet to come.

• Where did Nate Paul's money come from?
  • What is the truth about all of the Collin County litigation that he kept bottled up?
  • Why the hell hasn't his wife divorced him yet?

I don't expect that the answers to the above and whatever else that comes out will be positive for the AG.

12 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

his nate paul connection has been well known for yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars. GoP neve gave a fuck until now ?

drugs, his money is from drugs

OK, but my Spidey sense is that there may be another shoe about to drop.  The R's may be trying to get out ahead of it.  No special knowledge other than age informed by experience.

Edited by DalTxHornFan
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

From my years of posting here, I probably know more than the average non-Texan about this cockeyed cockwomble.

But this thread really reminded me that Paxton is a straight up thug.

And check out the size of the stack of documents seen being carried during one of the hearings!

6fe1dc4cc9f436b1e5e349efbd7c32d8.jpg

That’s a lot of shenanigans!
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Always important to remember that there were GOP politicians that were screwed/robbed by Paxton in the crime for which he was indicted in 2015. It’s doubtful those politicians have forgotten. And even if they are not in office anyone, I can’t imagine they don’t still influence.

And isn’t Paxton’s wife in the state senate? The gop state senators will take that into consideration. Vote her husband out and don’t ever expect her cooperation with you again.

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

And isn’t Paxton’s wife in the state senate? The gop state senators will take that into consideration. Vote her husband out and don’t ever expect her cooperation with you again.

Her husband has openly cheated on her. Literally one of the charges he is being impeached on is having a donor hire his mistress. 

• Haha 1