Ken Paxton is dirty? NO FUCKING WAY!

Gil Bang

Just a point of order.  The Texas AG isn't really the "top cop" in Texas.  Fairly unusually, the AG has almost no law-enforcement jurisdiction, other than filing civil suits.

He's not even the head of our state LEA, the DPS.

His constitutional duties are limited to representing the state in civil litigation and approving bond issues.

I'd be kind of interested to know historically why that is, someone around here is bound to know.  Maybe its as simple as the rationale behind the weak governor--no executive type power in one person.

Of course, the concept of a state- or even nation-wide LEA is relatively new, as policing has always been a county or municipal level function.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Like FUCK it is.  His billboards piss me off.  It's not "The attorney THAT rocks."  The attorney is a person.  It should be "The attorney WHO rocks."

Grammar matters.

Catching up but thank you that has always bugged me.

also did we know this?

https://texassports.com/news/2005/2/26/022605aab_452.aspx
image.jpeg.f2b3201d6976462cac17ed69b0042289.jpeg

from 2005

for comparison

image.png.ef7346df8426ee63f245724d07f7b2b0.png

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

There is no possible "rational" discussion with "lean hard R" fascists in 2023 who pretend to be reasonable conservatives, as if we are still in the 1970s. None. Nada. No way. Fascists are not reasonable or rational.

Below is the correct timeline (cross post). Anyone defending, voting for, enabling Trump-MAGA-GQP-Abbott-Cruz-Cornyn-Desantis, et al, is a fascist and should be treated as a fascist. End of story. 

FascistTimeline.jpg

Edited by BevoAbyss
Clarity.

Its easy to forget that Paxton still has outstanding indictments from 2015 for securities fraud. Which is outside of this entire situation.

2 hours ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

I’m pretty surprised at how many smooth brain mother fuckers I’ve seen defending Paxton in various places…guess I probably shouldn’t be tho

Stir the pot with then. Ask why the GOP keeps electing so many RINOs who are unfairly attacking Paxton. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

As one of the few "out" R's on this forum, I totally agree.  Paxton and Paul are toxic.  Something bad is going down soon, I think.

You admittedly pulled the lever for Paxton because his opponent committed the unforgivable sin of working for the ACLU. You're going to get some blowback from that one, hombre.

Yeah….the denial is strong in this one.
First….I doubt he’ll ever realize that the GQP being the party of naked corruption and a middle finger to the rule of law because “fuck you we’re in charge, we can’t lose, and waddaya gonna do about it, bitch?” is a FEATURE, not a bug. Paxton and Paul are not outliers. Far from it. The only thing that makes them different is that they’re stupid, and got caught.

Second…you see the level of rationalization they’ll go to in order to support someone they ACTUALLY KNOW is a slimebag criminal. “Sure, he’s stealing millions, takes bribes, and fucks his staffers, but at least he doesn’t like solar energy!” It’s bona fide insanity. They’re devotion to a Newsmax narrative is psychotic and single-minded. Realize that these people are calling Dade Phelan “a libtard.” All while calling anyone who says “you know…the GQP has some serious fucking problems” an “extremist left wing Marxist communist!” Same for anyone who says “you know…maybe having public schools is a good thing for a functioning society.”
It’s fucking sick, but I’m glad that there’s at least a couple of them who have so little self-awareness that they tell us about their sickness thinking it’s all just fine. So we can see it, and not look away.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, YGIFS said:

He just shows up at press conferences to scream about shit, meantime not doing a fucking thing.

Well, he did spend millions of dollars chasing cases of voter fraud only to find a handful of cases. Then when he tried to prosecute to save face and justify the wasteful efforts, the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals (all Rs) dismissed the cases because, as @TwiceHorn points out, he lacks constitutional authority to pursue criminal cases unilaterally. But he goes on MAGA talk shows and brags about how he's nipped voter fraud in the bud, and without his efforts, Texas would be just like one of those hot mess states like Georgia and Pennsylvania. And dipshits believe him.

So there's that.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Well, he did spend millions of dollars chasing cases of voter fraud only to find a handful of cases. Then when he tried to prosecute to save face and justify the wasteful efforts, the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals (all Rs) dismissed the cases because, as [mention=248]TwiceHorn[/mention] points out, he lacks constitutional authority to pursue criminal cases unilaterally. But he goes on MAGA talk shows and brags about how he's nipped voter fraud in the bud, and without his efforts, Texas would be just like one of those hot mess states like Georgia and Pennsylvania. And dipshits believe him.
So there's that.  

Well, yeah. Add “tells bald faced lies that I want to believe” to the list of GQP traits that voters like DalTx can’t get enough of.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Just a point of order.  The Texas AG isn't really the "top cop" in Texas.  Fairly unusually, the AG has almost no law-enforcement jurisdiction, other than filing civil suits.

He's not even the head of our state LEA, the DPS.

His constitutional duties are limited to representing the state in civil litigation and approving bond issues.

I'd be kind of interested to know historically why that is, someone around here is bound to know.  Maybe its as simple as the rationale behind the weak governor--no executive type power in one person.

Of course, the concept of a state- or even nation-wide LEA is relatively new, as policing has always been a county or municipal level function.

But that includes a lot of various criminal or probably more accurately "quasi-criminal" authority the office has. Prosecuting medicare/medicaid fraud. Non-payment of child support. Representing the state in federal habeas appeals from misdemeanor all the way through death penalty cases. Open records rulings/opinions. Consumer protection litigation. Of course, Kenny's main claim to fame is just suing the shit out of any Dem president on our behalf. But there's a shit ton that office does, or at least is set up to be doing.

2 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Feel like this should be on PBS statewide or something, History in the making.

Love the fact that in 5-6 days we went from Paxton publicly calling on Dade Phelan stepping down to being blindsided by the impeachment and having it voted on.

They are going to vote all at once on all articles and are discussing that.

3 minutes ago, WBT said:

His name is Warren Kenneth?

He missed his calling as a pastor.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Are You Ready Mma GIF by BRAVE Combat Federation

Murr and Geren and Co. are now up and making the case.

Hahah, they made a point to make sure everybody knew this happened because Paxton asked for the settlement money, and are going through the whistleblowers and saying they were Republicans and recruited by Paxton.

Edited by atomheartbevo

7 hours ago, YGIFS said:

That's his true power.  Say what you want about Abbott and Patrick, they're extremist assholes.  But they have an agenda.  A purpose.  A schedule.  A routine.  The brilliance of Ken Paxton is he has no agenda.  People just blindly follow him for no fucking reason.  Other than show-man-ship "own the libs" filings, tell me one fucking thing he's done since taking office all those years ago.  He just shows up at press conferences to scream about shit, meantime not doing a fucking thing.  At least Abbott and Patrick push through legislation.  Phelan, too. Ken just hangs back and yells and drools and looks off into the sunset.  Like a fucking 10-ply goofball.  One fucking person that voted for him, tell me how he reduced crime in Texas as AG.  Just one example.  I'll wait.  Guy can't even do laundering crimes correct despite being the person in charge of deflecting laundering crimes.  It's fucking shameful is what it is.  Fucking half-wit, one-eyed tit-fucker.  And there are 100 posters on here who'd suck his balls if he asked him too.  Fucking, fuck.  

Well he did file one of the 86 losing cases for Trump and was thrown out on standing. 

Didn’t he also represent Texas in Dobbs?

29 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

paul happening GIF

Feel like this should be on PBS statewide or something, History in the making. Also I would hate to be this poor fucker reading all 20 articles of impeachment before the House, so many opportunities to get tongue tied and make an ass of yourself.

I'm disappointed that this thread is not in Daily Texan.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2