Ken Paxton is dirty? NO FUCKING WAY!

Gil Bang

Prosecution just stated that Paxton being guilty of article one--a felony--is deserving of 2-10 years in prison.

And Nate Paul sold out Paxton on article three--another 3rd degree felony--also deserving an additional 2-10 years.

Edited by GhostOfTomJoad
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

34 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Damn, the crew they put together to investigate Paxton is fucking amazing. Holy shit that selection process was incredibly competent.  Basically the best people they could have picked.

not words I'd expected to ever read again re: Texas politics

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, StassneyHorn said:

I can’t believe that dumb fuck made calls to reps threatening their re-election. What’s an extra article when you have 20 others

Yeah, that's some serious arrogance...threatening reps,  many of whom are lawyers, who can vote on your impeachment.  That's what I think has sealed his fate. With a simple vote, they suspend him from office and remove his power, and the Senate will probably follow suit.

2 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

not words I'd expected to ever read again re: Texas politics

Words I didn't think I'd type.

• Hook 'Em 4

Articles 9 and 10. Now we're talking about the affair and the renovation.

Here comes the real dirt. 

"Nate Paul giving his mistress a job makes it more convenient. He no longer has to drive back and forth to San Antonio." Lulz.

The contractor was distraught when Paxton--one of his "heroes"--pushed for them to add 20 grand of new counters to his renovation for no charge. 

Edited by GhostOfTomJoad
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Wait a minute -- whatever that big binder is that the lady held up, Paxton was told he was being investigated and he was to hang on to that and give it up to investigators. When the investigators went to collect it, it was gone/missing with no explanation. (Maybe it was burning in the dumpster out back.) So the binder is gone but the investigators said the same information was online and they printed copies. Do I have that right????

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1

14 minutes ago, Parliament said:

In the most apolitical way possible, could someone explain what he's accused of?

He wanted the legislature to pay out whistleblowers because he fucked up. That kicked off the investigation.

He called up and threatened state legislators that he would hurt them in their reelection bids.

Most of it is about this though:

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/topic/10581-world-class-holdings-offices-raided/#comments

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

This stuff must be very entertaining to all of the Surly lawyers.

We need some live blogging from you all - @TwiceHorn @Brisketexan etc.

They don't teach this in law school, unless there's some bizarre elective at aggy law for it.  My guess is that they are making most of it up as they go.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 2