Ken Paxton is dirty? NO FUCKING WAY!

Gil Bang

2 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Is Briscoe Cain going to support the impeachment of Paxton?

2 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

I wonder.

Future Attorney General Cain would love to see Paxton booted out, otherwise Paxton will be around for a few more elections.

Of course, he may have to wait until Governor Fitlump appoints him.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Dutton is a Democrat.  This is embarassing.  Either that, or he is the sacrificial lamb to make it look like at least one Democrat supports Paxton.  I have no fucking idea.  

But I would not want Dutton to be my rep.

Feels like sacrificial lamb, but...

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/05/19/harold-dutton-texas-gop-bills/

Vengeance or politics? Democrat Harold Dutton explains why he advanced bill targeting transgender athletes, other GOP priorities

As a powerful committee chairman, Dutton could have bottled up legislation that Democrats opposed. Instead, critics say, he’s pushed through Republican bills that Democrats find objectionable.

Instead, he advanced out of his committee two pieces of legislation considered toxic by Democrats in Texas and nationwide — a bill to restrict transgender students from school sports and a ban on critical race theory studies in schools.

• Rage+1 4

I like how these Republicans are conveniently ignoring the fact that they turned down the $3.3 million for Paxton.

If they believed that he was in the right, they would have given him the money.

Just now, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Who is this short little fuck?  

Isn't the trial in the Senate?

dorf-golf.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

He’s not gone, nor is he getting impeached. It’s just a hearing or something to decide if he should face a vote for impeachment. Which will never happen.

Ummm... I dont think you know whats happening right mow

Edited by Jameslaw121

40 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I didn't know who was in charge and see the name RJ Mitte listed as president and then head to the google machine to look him up.

HOW DARE YOU CALL WALT JR A COKEHEAD!

image.png.993f4e3dd83d81d83e7a832bd9253a67.png

Nope, that's apparently his son.  This is his dad:

screen-shot-2020-09-24-at-2-16-25-pm.png

After his parents put him in charge of the foundation, he got busted for cocaine possession, and it later came out that he had paid four different women settlements for sexual harassment at both the foundation and his dad's company.  He was apparently the Colin Farrell character from Horrible Bosses. 

That foundation was among the biggest and easily the most prominent donors to TXST (SWT then IIRC), and when he got named chairman, Texas State disassociated themselves.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Canales going hard in the paint.

We are getting into closing arguments.

Lulz, that was good.  I can read the rules to you but I can't make you understand them.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, WBT said:

Was there a vote taken on whether to approve the whistleblower settlement or did it not even make it out of committee?  I don't remember.

Neither legislative chamber included money for the settlement in their budget bills. Members could have proposed it be added in.

If there was a vote taken, it went against him, but nothing stopped his supporters trying to get it added (and failing).

Edited by atomheartbevo