Ken Paxton is dirty? NO FUCKING WAY!

Gil Bang

2 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I was going through the list to look up those who voted against and came to a speedbump on C.E. Harris and C.J. Harris, both Republicans. There's a Caroline and a Cody. The former represents eastern Round Rock, Hutto, and Taylor while Cody is from Palestine.

Does anyone know which of the two voted against impeachment? tia

I’ll take a stab in the dark and guess the one from Palestine.

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

How will it go in the senate? In this timeline? Presume the worst.

Quite a few MAGA types voted to impeach, so I wouldn't write it off just yet.

Paxton calling up legislators and threatening their political futures also did him no favors - you know he wasn't calling Democrats.

And now that this is front-page news on all of the major news sites and not just the political junky sites, a whole lot more people are going to discover that it's not just his eyes that are crooked.  Given how lopsided that vote was, my guess is that Patrick will call up all of the witnesses mentioned in the report, let them do their thing, get a vote going and basically try to make it overwhelmingly against Paxton. There is no political capital in backing Paxton at this point.

7 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I was going through the list to look up those who voted against and came to a speedbump on C.E. Harris and C.J. Harris, both Republicans. There's a Caroline and a Cody. The former represents eastern Round Rock, Hutto, and Taylor while Cody is from Palestine.

Internet has him as Cody Joe Harris of Palestine, so he'd be the Aye, it appears.  Would also make sense that Cody would be listed alphabetically after Caroline.  She seems to be the No.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I’ll take a stab in the dark and guess the one from Palestine.

That would've been my assumption too, but she (Caroline of Wilco) was retweeting Angela Paxton earlier this week, congratulating her on passing the library censorship bill.

27 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And even if convicted and removed from office, he’ll just run again. And win. Handily. Because the criminality is part of the point. By electing a contemptible criminal, the GQP base (which is now ALL GQP voters) tells the minority (in texas, that’s all non-GQP voters) “fuck you, you can’t do anything about it.” It’s about a raw display of power and its partner, complete contempt for anyone not in the in-power group.

Oh c'mon now, you can't expect @DalTxHornFan to vote for someone from the ACLU over a sleazebag felon! What if the ACLU person does a WOKE on his children and makes them gay??? He NEEDS Paxton's rapier wit and immaculate ethics. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2
  • Drool 1

Oh c'mon now, you can't expect [mention=1361]DalTxHornFan[/mention] to vote for someone from the ACLU over a sleazebag felon! What if the ACLU person does a WOKE on his children and makes them gay??? He NEEDS Paxton's rapier wit and immaculate ethics. 

Reality is a whole lot closer to this than it is to atomheart’s post.

Y’all still don’t get how truly depraved and awful the GQP is. I get it. Nobody wants to believe that about people who live right down the street.

When you realize they are today’s version of rhe same people who posed smiling next to a hanging lynched black person, you’ll have an inkling of how bad they are.
  • Hook 'Em 3

20 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Well yeah, Paxton was gonna drag his teammates into his mess and they're cutting him the fuck out before he can make things worse. 

Maybe after all this, Paxton will face some sort of comeuppance for his still pending 2015 indictments

If the Rs have fought agains their instincts and impeached Paxton, they’ll see the job all the way through just to prove they’re all about impartial justice. He’s going to jail. Because it furthers their cause/image and gives them political cover. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

22 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Well yeah, Paxton was gonna drag his teammates into his mess and they're cutting him the fuck out before he can make things worse. 

Maybe after all this, Paxton will face some sort of comeuppance for his still pending 2015 indictments

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

If the Rs have fought agains their instincts and impeached Paxton, they’ll see the job all the way through just to prove they’re all about impartial justice. He’s going to jail. Because it furthers their cause/image and gives them political cover. 

He threatened multiple legislators in the House over the phone over the last few days. He fucked himself, because those were most definitely Republicans he was trying to keep in line to back him.

That was kind of the chef's kiss.

25 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Caroline. Meanwhile the entire Colin county delegation voted for impeachment, because they know the piece of shit better than anybody.

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Or he'll run for AG again in the next election and again win handily because the majority of the voters in this state don't give a shit whether the AG is dirty or not.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

1 hour ago, TexLonghorn said:

Countdown until Paxton claims the vote was rigged?  I mean, I hear a lot of them were wanting to say "I vote no to this terrible travesty of hearsay, and hearsay on hearsay, and dare I say, hearsay on hearsay on hearsay," but were cut off after their first syllable and counted as "Aye" votes.  WITCH HUNT!

“The ugly spectacle in the Texas House today confirmed the outrageous impeachment plot against me was never meant to be fair or just,” Paxton said. “It was a politically motivated sham from the beginning,”

https://apnews.com/article/texas-attorney-general-paxton-impeachment-d0fa9114868adca63d55a21a53765c45

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

I gotta give the MAGA contingent credit, they really tried to create an impression that Paxton had more support in the House than he actually did.

What does Paxton have to say?

FxKqNxTWwAAwgyB?format=jpg&name=small

Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

I tried to defend myself, but I couldn’t bother to show up. But fuck the prosecution. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Reality is a whole lot closer to this than it is to atomheart’s post.

Y’all still don’t get how truly depraved and awful the GQP is. I get it. Nobody wants to believe that about people who live right down the street.

When you realize they are today’s version of rhe same people who posed smiling next to a hanging lynched black person, you’ll have an inkling of how bad they are.

They invented the selfie.

• Hook 'Em 2