Savings account + lottery

Nice Guy Eddie

Pool team - Remember that you can't move tickets in or out of the pool during the week. BUT if you initiate a withdrawal on any day except for Monday, Yotta will drop your best ticket, whether its in the pool or not. Say the pool has a 4 match ticket on Thursday night with your ticket, and you withdrawal $25, Yotta will drop the 4 match ticket away from you and the pool.

In short, if we have a strong pool ticket, don't withdrawal any money until the next Monday morning. 

Finally, I'm looking forward to the problem on how we split the Tesla.

@40acredropout @CDAK @Knoxtnhorn @Johnny Chimpo @CBT

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Pool team - Remember that you can't move tickets in or out of the pool during the week. BUT if you initiate a withdrawal on any day except for Monday, Yotta will drop your best ticket, whether its in the pool or not. Say the pool has a 4 match ticket on Thursday night with your ticket, and you withdrawal $25, Yotta will drop the 4 match ticket away from you and the pool.

In short, if we have a strong pool ticket, don't withdrawal any money until the next Monday morning. 

Finally, I'm looking forward to the problem on how we split the Tesla.

@40acredropout @CDAK @Knoxtnhorn @Johnny Chimpo @CBT

Not that it matters much, but is there a way to choose which of my tix I contribute to the pool? For example, if I have 300 tix and contribute 150 to the pool, I can't figure out how to choose which 150 I want to contribute.

4 minutes ago, CDAK said:

Not that it matters much, but is there a way to choose which of my tix I contribute to the pool? For example, if I have 300 tix and contribute 150 to the pool, I can't figure out how to choose which 150 I want to contribute.

If you're randomly picking #s, it really shouldn't matter which ones Yotta puts in the pool, and which ones are assigned to you individually. Now obviously if 1 of the pool tickets win the 10m, you will always wonder why you had to split that with us as opposed to winning the whole amount for yourself.

However if you have chosen #s to be used every week, I don't know if they assign that ticket out for your own use.

15 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If you're randomly picking #s, it really shouldn't matter which ones Yotta puts in the pool, and which ones are assigned to you individually. Now obviously if 1 of the pool tickets win the 10m, you will always wonder why you had to split that with us as opposed to winning the whole amount for yourself.

However if you have chosen #s to be used every week, I don't know if they assign that ticket out for your own use.

Yeah, I realize it doesn't matter as I randomly pick every week (except for my one lucky number ticket), but I thought the app would give users the ability to choose which tix to contribute and which tix to keep personal.

On 1/21/2021 at 9:32 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

by the way, the above suggestion is not something that we manage outside of Yotta, it's a new feature within Yotta.  It would especially help someone that has fewer tickets, at least earn something each week. Obviously they would earn less than someone with more tickets.  (FYI, you have to download the latest Yotta app update to participate)

Tagging @CBT @nineliveslost @Johnny Chimpo @40acredropout @gsoda3 @Knoxtnhorn @TKthunder2 @Viper any interest? 

sorry didn't get notified of a tag.  that sounds cool, i'm in.  do i need to give you my info?

3 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

@Nice Guy Eddie I got the invite from you but when I click on the link it just opens the app and doesn't appear to actually do anything?

In the app, click on the 3rd menu item at the bottom. It looks like 3 people.

The pool play is run from there, so maybe that is how you accept the invite and add your tickets for next week.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Cant believe that we hit this many 3 matches (14) but not any 4s. Hopefully one of those tickets hits with the Sunday pick for a $7 win. We will also hit many of the other tickets with sundays # as well.

How many tickets are in the pool?

The pool doesn't seem beneficial to me, is there something I'm missing?

9 minutes ago, B00M said:

How many tickets are in the pool?

The pool doesn't seem beneficial to me, is there something I'm missing?

This week we have 2800, next week 3400.  The more tickets, the more we should hit the expected average. But we also increase our chances at a higher prize. But who knows.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Acropora said:

@Nice Guy Eddiejoined using your link, appreciate the initial post.  interested in joining the pool.

Glad to have you. You need to message me the mobile # that you used to sign up for Yotta. You will receive the invite and then can place as many (or few) tickets as you want towards the pool. The deadline for this week's pool is 2:30p today.

29 minutes ago, Acropora said:

@Nice Guy Eddiejoined using your link, appreciate the initial post.  interested in joining the pool.

Glad to have you. You need to message me the mobile # that you used to sign up for Yotta. You will receive the invite and then can place as many (or few) tickets as you want towards the pool. The deadline for this week's pool is 2:30p today.

And thanks for using the referral. Hopefully the extra tickets for both of us, win something for the pool.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

14 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

Mark L. from Castro Valley, California just won a Tesla.

how do you tell he won the tesla?  I see he won $37,900, which seems a little cheap for a tesla but then I guess it doesn't match any other prize amount listed.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

And thanks for using the referral. Hopefully the extra tickets for both of us, win something for the pool.

We have a Surly pool ? 

47 minutes ago, Viper said:

how do you tell he won the tesla?  I see he won $37,900, which seems a little cheap for a tesla but then I guess it doesn't match any other prize amount listed.

I see it on the app. click on the 3rd menu item. Right under the pool play section, there is the leaderboard. For me, it shows the Tesla icon next to his name for Jan 31st.  Maybe you're seeing the value.

A base Tesla Model 3 is $37,990.

• Hook 'Em 3

ah ok, i just see the amount, not tesla icon, but then the app has been a little weird the past week. At one point it said I had won $.05 when my tickets showed over $1 in winnings, and it had a switch to filter out the pool tickets. maybe it's some update they're testing.

OK, big jump in tickets and team members this week. 4,126 tickets.

People online calculate that the annual expected Yotta prize return of 1.45%. IF that is correct, our expected prize value this week is almost $29. 

Math: 4,126 tickets represent the equivalent of $103,150 in savings.  1.45% = $1,495 annually or $28.76/week.   We might win enough this week to buy dinner. For one person.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bernorange said:

OK.  Been watching you guinea pigs for four months now and decided to give it a go.  I used your link in the OP, Eddie.  Hope that worked for you.

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

Thinking about diving in as well.

good decision. I  made 2.4% apy in jan and about 2% in dec

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bernorange said:

OK.  Been watching you guinea pigs for four months now and decided to give it a go.  I used your link in the OP, Eddie.  Hope that worked for you.

7 minutes ago, Viper said:

good decision. I  made 2.4% apy in jan and about 2% in dec

We've all moving to mediocrity together.  I put my emergency fund in Yotta and it satisfies my desire to play the lottery.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 1