NLDS: Padres vs. Dodgers

Guadaloopy

15 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Talk now of using May in the closer role.  What's more valuable, given the zero breaks (i.e. 7 games in 7 days possibly)- a 4th starter or a solid closer?

Fourth starter in a seven game series.  Especially with Graterol in the quiver.  

4 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Man. You are really tempting fate. 

Tempting fate would be throwing Jansen out there ever again in these playoffs in anything resembling a save situation.  And Joe Kelly sure isn't an option.  So only Treinen really has closer experience.  But I will say watching Graterol's antics makes me think he has a closer's mentality.  Maybe not this year, but could be the closer of the future.  Thank you Kenley for your service.  Now hit the showers.

2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Tempting fate would be throwing Jansen out there ever again in these playoffs in anything resembling a save situation.  And Joe Kelly sure isn't an option.  So only Treinen really has closer experience.  But I will say watching Graterol's antics makes me think he has a closer's mentality.  Maybe not this year, but could be the closer of the future.  Thank you Kenley for your service.  Now hit the showers.

Does Eric Gagne have any availability left?

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, Scraps said:
1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:
And Turner now the Dodger postseason leader In hits, passing Garvey.  Good for him.  Garvey was my favorite player BY FAR growing up.

Is Bellinger the Dodger postseason leader in Ks yet? If not, gotta be getting close

You’ll get yours in due time.

37 minutes ago, Scraps said:

It was actually a legit question because i couldn't find a Dodger only list but....16162d292f5cb0762fe12a5914e00af6.gif

Technically that would be Manram but SOs as a Dodger. Yes. Bellinger has sucked in the playoffs. 37% strikeout rate. .610 OPS
On a side note, I didn’t realize how bad Brett Gardner has been in the postseason. .576 OPS
https://www.statmuse.com/mlb/ask/which-batter-has-the-most-career-strikeouts-in-the-playoffs

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Scraps said:

It was actually a legit question because i couldn't find a Dodger only list but....16162d292f5cb0762fe12a5914e00af6.gif

He’s still batting .316 for the postseason.  But this team isn’t dependent on any one or two players.  The depth is what makes this team so tough.  Any player is capable of being a series MVP.  Shit Will Smith became the first Dodger in postseason history to have a 5 hit game.