2020 Texas Early Voting Numbers

StassneyHorn

I posted on twitter that it doesn't seem like the judge can just toss the ballots, can he?

Poli Sci prof friend of mine responded with this:

They can and I'm almost certain they will. I read somewhere else that this judge is going to apply Kavanaugh's logic in a case from last week and it will nullify the votes...and with it being so close, the county may not have time to tell people they need to revote.

I went to the Harris County dropbox and because of these lines, I can't vote goddamnit!  

SOL..........ROSENBERG! 

Edited by Lobo

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

I still say we will not know the winner(as if there will be one) until December.

Shitshow will ensue, regardless of results/ actual tally.

I mean it is 2020, so that’d be on f-ing brand....

If 2020 stays on its game, the race will come down to Texas, like Gore/Bush Florida.    The center of it GOP sycophants arguing to highly partisan GOP judges that votes cast shouldn’t count.  The popular vote in the nation will be millions and millions in favor of Biden.  The electoral college will have gone to Biden as well, except for some GOP dickassness.   

winter is coming.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Sign up for a textbank/phonebank shift with Beto's org this weekend and you can find out for yourself. They have several shifts open over the next three days. We need to touch base with all these missing voters. My guess most of them are still D's.

https://poweredxpeople.org/

haha, right after you posted this, I got a text from powered by the people asking me to phone bank on Sunday so I said yes for the Sarah Silverman shift. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

haha, right after you posted this, I got a text from powered by the people asking me to phone bank on Sunday so I said yes for the Sarah Silverman shift. 

I got my wisdom teeth pulled yesterday, so I'm on the couch for a few days. Picked up two shifts for tomorrow and one on Monday w/ AOC.

With the extended early voting period (we'll never see that again under a Republican governor) and an extremely unpopular Republican candidate, I think this year is a unique opportunity for Dems and we need to "strike while the iron is out".

I'm not as confident as others that Texas will continue to trend blue at the current rate as time passes and demographics change. Fast forward four years - substitute clean-cut Hawley for Trump, covid is an afterthought, and cut the early voting period by half, I could very easily see Republicans win TX by >10pts again (even with the demographic shifts).

Therefore, I think it's all of our responsibility to make sure we're doing all we can to win this state now. Salute to you for doing what you can.

• Hook 'Em 2

Oh man, my sister and cousin voted by drive thru in RGV. My sister had covid and wanted to protect everyone but still vote and my cousin is in her 60s and has bad knees. Are they going to disqualify their votes? That is bullshit! It is in person so I don't understand. Fuuuuck, guess I need to sharpen my machete already. I think my Trumpy neighbor's shrubbery will know my wrath. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, burntorangebongos said:

Oh man, my sister and cousin voted by drive thru in RGV. My sister had covid and wanted to protect everyone but still vote and my cousin is in her 60s and has bad knees. Are they going to disqualify their votes? That is bullshit! It is in person so I don't understand. Fuuuuck, guess I need to sharpen my machete already. I think my Trumpy neighbor's shrubbery will know my wrath. 

Well it's just being challenged in Harris county for now, but probably yes.

I’ve also read stories about how people who had no intention of doing curbside were directed to that line by poll workers to speed things up. This is nuts.
Someone like this needs to be a countersuit plaintiff. Immediately. Add in people who may be going through chemo, etc. and would have been a lot more as risk voting in person after Abbott refused to mandate masks at the polls.

49 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

I got my wisdom teeth pulled yesterday, so I'm on the couch for a few days. Picked up two shifts for tomorrow and one on Monday w/ AOC.

With the extended early voting period (we'll never see that again under a Republican governor) and an extremely unpopular Republican candidate, I think this year is a unique opportunity for Dems and we need to "strike while the iron is out".

I'm not as confident as others that Texas will continue to trend blue at the current rate as time passes and demographics change. Fast forward four years - substitute clean-cut Hawley for Trump, covid is an afterthought, and cut the early voting period by half, I could very easily see Republicans win TX by >10pts again (even with the demographic shifts).

Therefore, I think it's all of our responsibility to make sure we're doing all we can to win this state now. Salute to you for doing what you can.

Hawley is way too far right on abortion to appeal to swing states. I wouldn’t worry about him winning the presidency.

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

I posted on twitter that it doesn't seem like the judge can just toss the ballots, can he?

Poli Sci prof friend of mine responded with this:

Some shit is going to get broken if they see this through.

56 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

Some shit is going to get broken if they see this through.

It appears the far right judge they pulled will allow it and then it will quickly lose on appeal. I highly doubt the votes will actually be thrown. But just this attempt could encourage 400,000 Democratic votes around the country. Thank God the Republicans aren’t good at this. 

58 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Hawley is way too far right on abortion to appeal to swing states. I wouldn’t worry about him winning the presidency.

That’s why a lot of people like me come forward.  Harley told me there were others just like me.   

i fucked Josh Hayley in the ass.  For money.   He insisted on me calling him my sister.

I have pictures, but sent them to a guy named Tucker, who says his mail got stolen. 

Now I have crab lice.  Heading to CVS.  

• Haha 2

Someone like this needs to be a countersuit plaintiff. Immediately. Add in people who may be going through chemo, etc. and would have been a lot more as risk voting in person after Abbott refused to mandate masks at the polls.

Are the drive-through votes segregated? Because if they’re not, I’m not sure what your remedy could be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are the drive-through votes segregated? Because if they’re not, I’m not sure what your remedy could be.

I believe that they are either segregated or are marked in a way that enables separation.

Otherwise maybe some forgetful or clumsy employee will accidentally knock over a couple of baskets onto the floor...wouldn't that be a tragedy?

12 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

It's all electronic. I'm not sure if the individual tablets are reserved specifically for drive through or mixed and matched. Of course, I'm sure the GOP remedy is just to throw out all ballots from the polling location. 

Edited by Dahobbs

2 hours ago, Irieguy said:

It appears the far right judge they pulled will allow it and then it will quickly lose on appeal. I highly doubt the votes will actually be thrown. But just this attempt could encourage 400,000 Democratic votes around the country. Thank God the Republicans aren’t good at this. 

I don't know about that.  The 5th Circuit is just as partisan and just as nuts.

• Like 1

Interesting angle from MJ Hegar RE the lawsuit over drive through voting.

It was apparently used during the run offs yet there was no complaint filed.

And that the SoS approved the plan months ago and that Republicans knew this was happening yet waited till literally the final hours to file a complaint.

This initial judge may go along with this bullshittery (if he is a partisan hack) but I have a feeling it will be thrown out on appeal.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Interesting angle from MJ Hegar RE the lawsuit over drive through voting.

It was apparently used during the run offs yet there was no complaint filed.

And that the SoS approved the plan months ago and that Republicans knew this was happening yet waited till literally the final hours to file a complaint.

This initial judge may go along with this bullshittery (if he is a partisan hack) but I have a feeling it will be thrown out on appeal.

This is the POS behind the case.  http://woodfilllaw.com

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I was going to use this service but was afraid of some bullshittery like this. I voted in person 

Yeah anybody not incredibly paranoid about their right to vote after the President has gone on about how he sees fraud everywhere is living under a rock...and frankly I envy their innocence.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah anybody not incredibly paranoid about their right to vote after the President has gone on about how he sees fraud everywhere is living under a rock...and frankly I envy their innocence.

My precinct votes 90% Dem, I’m worried about the whole neighborhood being thrown out. I almost went and voted in an R precinct. 

Edited by tx 3 putt

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

Forcing 100k voters, most of whom chose drive thru voting due to physical/time constraints, to stand in line on Election Day is not an acceptable solution.

It also may be logistically impossible. You're talking about significantly increasing election day throughput in Harris Country on at most a one days notice. How are you even going to notify everybody? 

Again, this lawsuit is baseless. It distorts and misrepresents Texas law. 

25 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

It also may be logistically impossible. You're talking about significantly increasing election day throughput in Harris Country on at most a one days notice. How are you even going to notify everybody? 

Again, this lawsuit is baseless. It distorts and misrepresents Texas law. 

Given what I have seen of Lina Hidalgo, I'm guessing they are fully prepared for any and all shenanigans, and are wargaming this right now.

• Hook 'Em 1

Do yall need a villain? Seems like the echo chamber in here could use one. 

I know I blew it with the ban bet, Ive been here since shaggy. I just dont post. Losing the ability would bother me greatly. 

The 100 dollar bet, i'm out. Like a guy earlier mentioned, an avatar bet would be fun. Maybe I'll just start a thread and talk in my own echo chamber?