Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

14 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So that’s why tunmise transferred. 

he ended up at Michigan State?! MSU didn't even offer him as a recruit, he never visited there before. Tucker must have offered him when he was at Colorado but still. MSU was where he landed? lol

13 minutes ago, NoName said:

he ended up at Michigan State?! MSU didn't even offer him as a recruit, he never visited there before. Tucker must have offered him when he was at Colorado but still. MSU was where he landed? lol

MSU has a huge booster that provides them with a lot of NIL funds for transfers. It’s not really surprising if you look at the transfer schools he was considering. It was basically just a list of the schools that are willing to throw out the most money. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

MSU has a huge booster that provides them with a lot of NIL funds for transfers. It’s not really surprising if you look at the transfer schools he was considering. It was basically just a list of the schools that are willing to throw out the most money. 

It'll be interesting to see if this is still the case going forward considering he just bought Sarver's stake of the Suns 

• Hook 'Em 1

Can you imagine allowing 9.95ers to stand out on their balcony during "non-media sessions" and watch your practice and you can't do shit about it? I can't tell, but that very well may be a camera on the left facade. 

image.png.d67fe779e066cb4ab665678558ae60f1.png

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 3/24/2023 at 12:17 PM, texifornia said:

Looch - Danzig is surprisingly classic rock for him, I was expecting Creed or Limp Bizkit

FsAAI2SXwBI5SUO?format=jpg&name=mediumFsAAK3aXwA0PNW1?format=jpg&name=mediumFsAALZGXwA8uP_A?format=jpg&name=mediumFsAAL0oWYAEvE3W?format=jpg&name=medium

A paean to the pleasures of mediocrity.  Billy's Battle of Agincourt plea to rally the Petticoat Lilliputians to futile assault against Doug and Dinsdale Piranha.

4 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Can you imagine allowing 9.95ers to stand out on their balcony during "non-media sessions" and watch your practice and you can't do shit about it? I can't tell, but that very well may be a camera on the left facade. 

image.png.d67fe779e066cb4ab665678558ae60f1.png

TexAgs IS Texas A&M university. Don’t forget that. 

• Hook 'Em 4

48 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

video/audio or it didn't happen.

I randomly actually saw this presser. What is hilarious is that he went out of his way about 3 or 4 times during the questions to say that guys felt comfortable being in the same offense for multiple seasons now. It makes me wonder how much control Petrino actually has. 

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Looch time
Fs0KCehXgAYnstW?format=jpg&name=mediumFs0KC4GXgAIaFZs?format=jpg&name=medium

Okay, so let me get this straight.  He thinks that Alabama will take a step back but Notre Dame will step up because Tommy Rees who was underrated left Notre Dame and went to Alabama.... 

Fucking Looch.  Why they put so much stock into this fucking twerp I'm sure I'll never know.  Also, color me skeptical that a true freshman from New Jersey comes in and starts at a tackle spot on a power 5 school.  Nvm, their OL sucks.  He probably will start. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

Is he the guy with trex arms that no one else offered at tackle?

Bisontis was a serious bluechip with plenty of good offers, many of whom would probably have played him at tackle. Now is he freshman starter material at tackle? Ehhhh

59 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Looch time

Him with the bravado to say that SCar hired the guy they passed on, and then saying that they won the coordinator hire wars of 2023 is just asking for some karma. If SCar takes a big step forward I will do a sensible chuckle. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Looch time
Fs0KCehXgAYnstW?format=jpg&name=medium

if you want a real laugh here was A&M in the second half vs South Carolina

• 7 plays, punt
  • 3 and out
  • 3 and out
  • 3 plays, 24 yards, TD - all 24 yards were rushing after a Rattler fumble
  • 5 plays, punt - this is when they pulled Haynes King
  • 3 and out - this is when they dropped in Weigman
  • 4 plays give it over on downs. drive starts with 3:04 left in the game at the A&M 12, A&M down 21-30.
  • then South Carolina gets it on the 12 and goes 4 plays for 9 yards before giving it back
  • still down 9 points. they go 7 plays for 83 yards and a FG wit 10 seconds left.
  • they get the onside kick down 6 points and at the 50 and have 2 more incomplete passes

but sure. a horrific stretch. incredible hot streak. A&M scores 10 total points in the 2nd half. only close because SC can't punch it in from the 12.

here is what the win prob looked like for the game:

image.png.127acc84eb23c3687bee1c6a1aa1851d.png

here is what the team stats looked percentile wise:

image.png.d88f9be5e169589148d78c3182e8c17a.png

A&M was terrible on dropbacks, terrible on explosive plays, terrible on rushing plays, terrible on run stuff rate and honestly lucky to be in the game at all. they ran 20 more plays than SC. they had 10 more 1st downs. they were just not good. they had no business winning the game by basically any measure. they were horrific in the 2nd half, just horrible.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Bisontis was a serious bluechip with plenty of good offers, many of whom would probably have played him at tackle. Now is he freshman starter material at tackle? Ehhhh

Bisontis is a good player, but I don't think even the most optimistic evaluators made Kelvin Banks comparisons. If he starts at tackle against an SEC schedule then he is going to have some hard moments. 

2 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Bisontis is a good player, but I don't think even the most optimistic evaluators made Kelvin Banks comparisons. If he starts at tackle against an SEC schedule then he is going to have some hard moments. 

he took visits to Michigan State, Rutgers, LSU and Texas A&M. he had no in home visits as far as I can tell.

is he good? sure.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Looch time

Do y’all think he laughs when he writes this shit? A&M won the coordinator hires…they hired Bobby FUCKING Petrino. If he didn’t go to aggy he was going to take the OC job at UNLV….sometimes I wish I was Looch, what an easy gig. Just do cocaine and blatantly lie on the internet, but then I remember what he looks like, where he lives and that he actually doesn’t think that he’s lying 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Re: Liucci

image.png.e45ae1e5ea89123aba1f9e6ed3713a97.png

Every player on your team is a "potential portal guy." It's one of your big problems, dumbass. (Oh no, now I'll get challenged to come to the Texags office for an ass whuppin'.)

image.png.9f0bfc19327b43541bb6cd785761e718.png

That's one way to look at it. He's a superstar! Sure he is, Billy.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Look at this shit. The solo T on the arm. What are they, Temple? 

The theft of branding continues, like their shit baseball uniforms with the big ole’ Texas and the aggies written in size 4 font. Man, it’s almost like there’s another school in Texas that occasionally uses that exact style of T on their gear and clothes. I just can’t quite put my finger on who…

fucking small dick losers

93F2EF05-F392-4104-8D57-DD06B65E3D15.png

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Look at this shit. The solo T on the arm. What are they, Temple? 

The theft of branding continues, like their shit baseball uniforms with the big ole’ Texas and the aggies written in size 4 font. Man, it’s almost like there’s another school in Texas that occasionally uses that exact style of T on their gear and clothes. I just can’t quite put my finger on who…

fucking small dick losers

93F2EF05-F392-4104-8D57-DD06B65E3D15.png

i think it's really weird they focus SO much on on the Texas part/trying to brand as "Texas"

no other non mainline state school really does. top of my head - FSU, Michigan State, Louisiana is weird but even then they own "LSU", Kansas State, Mississippi State, Oregon State, Washington State, Iowa State, Oklahoma State, NC State, Arizona State, VaTech, Utah State - all own their title/who they are. meanwhile out here we have Texas A&M wanting to be something else entirely.

even schools like Texas Tech aren't out there focusing on the Texas Tech Red Raiders.

Auburn has a weird history - became Ag & Mechanical College of Alabama in 1870, then Alabama Polytechnic Institute in 1899, then Auburn in 1960 " to acknowledge the varied academic programs and larger curriculum of a major university"

come to think of it there is no other FBS team that has A&M in their name other than Texas A&M - everyone else either changed it like Auburn, never had it in their name like Arkansas (Ark Industrial University for like 25 years then U of A), have it in their name but don't use it (to be fair Louisiana State University and Ag and Mechanical College is a long ass name) or Mississippi State University for Ag & Applied Science

basically all the other large land grant universities either changed their name (in the 60s for a ton of them), still have it as their name but don't use it or never really had A&M in what they use anyway?

very strange. just own who you are. it's easy. you spent how many years screaming from the rooftops how you are the anti-Texas only to now try to be the university of and for "Texas"

they can't avoid being weird no matter how hard they try.

edit: i left out my favorite part of this entire thing. in 1963 when the legislature changed the name officially to Texas A&M they said that the A&M is merely a symbolic link to the schools past and it no longer stands for "Agriculture & Mechanical" lol

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, NoName said:

i think it's really weird they focus SO much on on the Texas part/trying to brand as "Texas"

no other non mainline state school really does. top of my head - FSU, Michigan State, Louisiana is weird but even then they own "LSU", Kansas State, Mississippi State, Oregon State, Washington State, Iowa State, Oklahoma State, NC State, Arizona State, VaTech, Utah State - all own their title/who they are. meanwhile out here we have Texas A&M wanting to be something else entirely.

even schools like Texas Tech aren't out there focusing on the Texas Tech Red Raiders.

Auburn has a weird history - became Ag & Mechanical College of Alabama in 1870, then Alabama Polytechnic Institute in 1899, then Auburn in 1960 " to acknowledge the varied academic programs and larger curriculum of a major university"

come to think of it there is no other FBS team that has A&M in their name other than Texas A&M - everyone else either changed it like Auburn, never had it in their name like Arkansas (Ark Industrial University for like 25 years then U of A), have it in their name but don't use it (to be fair Louisiana State University and Ag and Mechanical College is a long ass name) or Mississippi State University for Ag & Applied Science

basically all the other large land grant universities either changed their name (in the 60s for a ton of them), still have it as their name but don't use it or never really had A&M in what they use anyway?

very strange. just own who you are. it's easy. you spent how many years screaming from the rooftops how you are the anti-Texas only to now try to be the university of and for "Texas"

edit: i left out my favorite part of this entire thing. in 1963 when the legislature changed the name officially to Texas A&M they said that the A&M is merely a symbolic link to the schools past and it no longer stands for "Agriculture & Mechanical" lol

Be careful. Getting dangerously close to Randolph Duke territory here.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, NoName said:

To be clear, this isn't a new thing with ATM. They've been embarrassed about who they are and trying to erase the ATM part out of their world, quietly and bizarrely, for decades.

I was a JR in high school in a very, very aggie-friendly area back in the day in southeast Houston. There were a couple of dorks graduating a year ahead of me who were super excited to tell anyone who would listen that they had gotten into ATM and were joining the band, or ROTC, or both. They each had "Fightin' Texas Aggies" large stickers on the back windows of their classy Chevy stepsides. Every time we would see these rubes pull up somewhere - a party, school, sporting event, you name it, we'd start taunting them by talking up the Florida Seminoles and California Trojans. They couldn't handle it. That was 3 decades ago. They hate who they are.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Aggy had the opportunity to change their name to Texas State University for years and years and do like Florida State, LSU, okie state, ohio state etc etc.  But of course, they wanted to remain true to the tradition, and didn't make the change.    Now they are stuck, and try to change their branding all the while screaming about how great the name is.    

My guess is they didn't want to be confused with Texas southern for you know, reasons.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

32 minutes ago, Mr. Drummond said:

Aggy had the opportunity to change their name to Texas State University for years and years and do like Florida State, LSU, okie state, ohio state etc etc.  But of course, they wanted to remain true to the tradition, and didn't make the change.    Now they are stuck, and try to change their branding all the while screaming about how great the name is.    

My guess is they didn't want to be confused with Texas southern for you know, reasons.

Plot twist, what if they dropped the "Texas" and just called themselves "Agriculture and Mechanical".

• Haha 3

Think I posted something a few days/weeks ago about the Aggie pursuit of Air Noland.

Short version - after Lagway committed to Florida, Noland became the new fave.  "#1 QB, must get.  I like where we stand."

And then ... 

The-grinch-smiles GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

image.thumb.png.e3d84c1820769031ed0c3b7cd2a11b9d.png

And after his OSU visit:

image.thumb.png.06e498af690e1610f9759c3785af14fd.png

Also visited Bama.

So, we'll see.

Edited by Getafix
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Mr. Drummond said:

Personally, I think it would be great it TCU dropped the C. It’s an anachronism and embarrasses many of the alums. They don’t market themselves as “Texas Christian” at all anymore. 
Can you imagine aggy heads exploding everywhere if there actually were a “TU?”

• Haha 2