Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

12 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Texas doesn't have Miller high on their board. We can debate whether or not that's a good evaluation on their part, but I don't think it will do us much good to worry about that recruitment.

Not accusing Getafix of worrying about it, just passing this on to the board for those who do tend to handwring. 

Also, it would be interesting to hear anyone's thoughts on the evaluation. I haven't watched the guy, but if Georgia is all over him, it will be interesting to see how things work out for him.

Yep, Tex mentioned that he seemed like an Aggie lock, so just wanted to post the bit about Kirby Smart making the guy his personal priority.

7 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Even for Aggies the "Texas came to the SEC hat in hand" line is rich. 

Help us SEC. You're our only hope. Please, please take us in off the streets and let us generate hundreds of millions of dollars in added revenue to your member institutions.

Had we never done it, we would be in the B1G right now without question. Kevin Warren would have come calling. 

• Drool 1

8 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Help us SEC. You're our only hope. Please, please take us in off the streets and let us generate hundreds of millions of dollars in added revenue to your member institutions.

It's more likely the dumbass doesn't know what it means. 

Enjoy.
moY-gNk4Xs3BTS5cH9xpFLU2VL-v2hN9lLI-bUlc904.gif?format=png8&s=7e1ce1c5e40a0c9ff1955e9bbd4d6441105e2d2f

Texas A&M football coach Jimbo Fisher reshuffling his offensive coaching staff again
Carter Karels

Texas A&M football coach Jimbo Fisher has reshuffled his offensive coaching staff again, GigEm247 has learned.
Fisher has moved Dameyune Craig from quarterbacks coach to wide receivers coach, and James Coley from receivers coach to tight ends coach. The Aggies hiring Bobby Petrino as their offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach last month prompted those moves.
Craig served as the receivers coach at A&M for four seasons (2018-21) before switching to quarterbacks coach last fall. Coley spent two seasons (2020-21) coaching tight ends for the Aggies before transitioning to receivers coach last fall.
A&M has yet to announce that Petrino, Craig and Coley will now coach quarterbacks, receivers and tight ends, respectively. But all three coaches are already recruiting high school players at those specific positions.
Petrino has communicated with multiple quarterback recruits. He played a major role in landing a verbal commitment from A.J. Maddox, a 2024 quarterback from Oak Grove High in Hattiesburg, Miss., earlier this month.
Craig extended a scholarship offer on Wednesday to 2024 receiver Gekyle Baker, a four-star recruit from Brownsboro (Texas) High. Little Elm (Texas) High defensive lineman Zane Rowe, a 2027 recruit, landed an offer as a tight end from Coley on Monday.
Bruce Feldman, a national college football reporter for the Athletic, reported last week that Fisher attempted to hire Louisville receivers coach Garrick McGee to serve the same position on his staff. But McGee ultimately decided to stay with the Cardinals.
It is worth noting that Craig’s contract with the Aggies expired on Jan. 31, according to documents shared with GigEm247 through an open records request.

Some comments from the thread, for your reading pleasure.
image.thumb.png.8a416100fe3bc9176036f4a4da8931f0.png

image.thumb.png.e1ee64f3ba170cd97f8792c13dae075f.png

I had already posted the image above, when I saw this comment ... 
image.thumb.png.a6388350496fcf0ea6db47d6e467d6bf.png

The Brownsboro basketball coach is a huge texas fan, I’m sure he is in Baker’s ear weekly. Cool dude. Met him many years ago on a cruise playing sports trivia daily.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 3/4/2023 at 7:35 PM, SydneyCarton said:

It’s almost like Craig is indispensable because he runs Jimbos bag program, and none of those rubes can/will admit it to themselves. If Craig is ever pushed out of a coaching role he will be making 800k a year as an entry level analyst in College station.  

I'm curious how this kind of role is referenced within the program. I doubt they're like, Dameyune is sticking around, he's in charge of the bags. Is he their "closer" wink wink? 

1 hour ago, Mullet Free said:

I'm curious how this kind of role is referenced within the program. I doubt they're like, Dameyune is sticking around, he's in charge of the bags. Is he their "closer" wink wink? 

He is the guy with the burner phone that he flops out next to Jimbo while power dialing sunflower seed CEOs and placing orders for payments to recruit's families like he is at the dixie chicken drive through. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Haha 2

On 2/23/2023 at 10:00 AM, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Over the decades I've gotten good at not signaling to my wife that I'm reacting to something that I just read about UT football/athletics. Too much of our time and our money have gone to it.

But when I saw Tarp say "hat in hand" I thought that might have been the moment Jesus finally called me home because I squawked like a parrot and choked on my dessert. After more decades than many here have seen, that might be the apotheosis of aggy.

Holy. Shit.

Imagine any conference not dying to have us. Imagine us having to beg. ahahahahahahaha

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, RollingPresidential said:

Love listening to the Athletic's recruiting podcast and hearing the host say he ranks A&M higher than UT in recruiting potential because of the "dedication to NIL" that they've shown.

But they spell it "BAGS".

7 hours ago, RollingPresidential said:

Love listening to the Athletic's recruiting podcast and hearing the host say he ranks A&M higher than UT in recruiting potential because of the "dedication to NIL" that they've shown.

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

On 3/9/2023 at 10:23 AM, RollingPresidential said:

The Athletic sucks. Also they’re partnered with TexAgs, so yes they’re going to state ridiculous shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

The Athletic sucks. Also they’re partnered with TexAgs, so yes they’re going to state ridiculous shit. 

that ended a while back, i think it was part of an attempt to basically not have to have your own beat writers for every team/sport and they did it with a few groups. but they aren't anymore and are owned by the NYT now.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2023 at 10:45 AM, NoName said:

that ended a while back, i think it was part of an attempt to basically not have to have your own beat writers for every team/sport and they did it with a few groups. but they aren't anymore and are owned by the NYT now.

Yeah I just heard about the NYT acquisition. There's still some aggy containments on staff. 

Sam Khan Jr has had a nice rise. I remember the guy covering Houston High School Football for Vype Magazine a few years back. Now he's one the national talking heads on The Athletic's college football podcasts. 

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

Foster, Wycoff, Erb, and Zuhn are all out for spring. Good thing that OL was so good it pretty much coaches itself.

Tarp said the 1st team OL left-to-right was:  Demetrius Crownover-the Australian JUCO guy (Moko)-Remington Strickland-Robinson-Fatheree.

2nd unit was:  Thomasson-Dewberry-Nabau-Bankhead-Bisontis.

Other notables was Sanford and York already running 2nd team LB.  CB has no depth (Chappell, two portal guys, then walk-on).

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1