hey, no big deal, fbi busts attempt to kidnap michigan gov and overthrow the government

hayden_horn

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Fuck Trump for saying hateful things about Whitmer and for Tweeting "LIBERATE MICHIGAN" when armed right-wing militia members stormed the Michgan Capitol. Guaranteed he won't say anything to condemn this. 

I didn't include Trump because everybody else is enabling him and they don't have to.  He's just a dumbs hit with a podium, albeit one of the largest in the world.  But yeah, definitely f'k Trump.  

15 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

If you haven’t already done so, listen to the podcast “It Could Happen Here.” We are much closer to civil war than most people realize.

While there a million reasons to vote this cocksucker and his merry band of deplorables out of office, this is the single-biggest in my opinion. The USA will be torn apart if Trump somehow were to "win" a second term.

1 minute ago, Mdhorn said:

I didn't include Trump because everybody else is enabling him and they don't have to.  He's just a dumbs hit with a podium, albeit one of the largest in the world.  But yeah, definitely f'k Trump.  

I'm going to have to start negging you for typing f'k

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

I'm going to have to start negging you for typing f'k

Some may be working from the office is all.  I'm not always caring but this is one my more tender moments. 

Edited by Mdhorn

36 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

If you haven’t already done so, listen to the podcast “It Could Happen Here.” We are much closer to civil war than most people realize.

I need to buy a gun.  I'm serious.  I've owned one gun in my life -- a Crosman CO2 BB gun.  (It was pretty rad.)

Guess I need to read up on home protection as well as how to keep shit safely locked away.  Fuck 2020.  I never even wanted to think like this whatsoever.

52 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

"A threat against our Governor is a threat against us all," Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey, R-Clarklake, tweeted Wednesday afternoon.

"We condemn those who plotted against her and our government. They are not patriots. There is no honor in their actions. They are criminals and traitors, and they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law."

Who better than a Republican to explain what is honorable and what is not? The head of your party/death cult is Donald Trump.

This is John Wilkes Booth condemning assassination.

Fuck you, Mike Shirkey. You are not a patriot. You are not honorable. You support criminals and traitors. You should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Again, fuck you, you shitball.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I need to buy a gun.  I'm serious.  I've owned one gun in my life -- a Crosman CO2 BB gun.  (It was pretty rad.)

Mine was a Daisy, wasn't CO2, and was anything but rad. But I've been thinking the same thing. I loathe the thought but here we are. 

1 minute ago, Cajun said:

Nutjob on one side of the coin attracts attention from nutjob on other side of the coin.

The rest is just blah blah blah

They got your guns now buddy.

I gotta say.....I don't think that the governor of Michigan is a "nutjob," in any sense of the word.  You may disagree with her policies, but she's not a nutjob.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

Mine was a Daisy, wasn't CO2, and was anything but rad. But I've been thinking the same thing. I loathe the thought but here we are. 

My buddy had that Daisy, if it was the pump action version.  I think you were supposed to pump 3 times max (hey-o), but of course we always went to 10 or so (double hey-o).  Then we'd lob BBs at a 45 degree angle across the street, trying to bounce them off . . . well, the other guy.  Getting hit by one was like getting hit by a housefly.

1 minute ago, TexasEd said:

You forget the president's next sentence was, "But somebody has got to do something..."

Spot on. Evil, it was.

*Is the new little angry guy/face a good thing or a bad thing? I gave you a 'like' but I didn't use the little angry guy because it looks like a bad thing.

• Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Who better than a Republican to explain what is honorable and what is not? The head of your party/death cult is Donald Trump.

Fuck you, Mike Shirkey. You are not a patriot. You are not honorable. You support criminals and traitors. You should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Again, fuck you, you shitball.

Well he's not the greatest, but he has denounced this type of behavior frequently.

All in all he needs to be gone, but I don't think putting this at his feet is correct.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Nutter with a wardrobe and makeup crew. 

Agree to disagree.

whoa.  wow, seriously, that's an.....out there take.

I think we have some shitty governors out there (on both sides, blessings to Anastasis), but I wouldn't characterize any of them as a "nutter."  Shitty, political whores, malleable morons?  We have plenty of those.  But bonafide nutters?  Nope.  This is one of your shittier takes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DigDug said:

If you don’t have a fundamental dislike for these fucking scumbags, which basically means every aggy on the planet, you may need to take a hard look at yourself.

Those folks on that site, sure, but I don't hold that opinion for everyone who attends any more than I do for the UT grads in their right leaning safe spaces who agree with them. The football rivalry I 'get' but Texas (the state) as a whole needs to address more than just 'aggy' for systemic backward issues and attitudes.

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Welp, couldn't help myself.  Googled the two most unique names on the list and both popped up with confederate flags. 

I didn't realize the Boogaloo Boys have already killed two law enforcement officials.  And surely had they attempted this kidnapping, it would have resulted in a few more deaths via firefight.  These guys know they'll never be allowed to buy a gun for the rest of their lives, right?  Assuming they all don't die in federal prison.  

But we're not gonna condemn or denounce them on TV though, right?  I mean, we wouldn't want to offend anyone who may agree with them, right?

Who knew those videos of militias screaming into cops' faces with automatic rifles at the Michigan Capitol a few months back wasn't going to end well?  

Just imagine if some major influential elected official tweeted "LIBERATE MICHIGAN!!" while armed militias stood on the capitol steps

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

19 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Nutter with a wardrobe and makeup crew. 

Agree to disagree.

Anything to both sides excuse the actual people plotting to kidnap and overthrow a legitimately elected governor/government because they don't get their way!  Classic projection.  CLASSIC. 

Clearly she deserved to be kidnapped and tried for fucking treason by some badass militia boys for *checks notes* enacting policies as the lawfully elected governor of Michigan.

LIBERATE MICHIGAN! 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

whoa.  wow, seriously, that's an.....out there take.

I think we have some shitty governors out there (on both sides, blessings to Anastasis), but I wouldn't characterize any of them as a "nutter."  Shitty, political whores, malleable morons?  We have plenty of those.  But bonafide nutters?  Nope.  This is one of your shittier takes.

Ok

19 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Anything to both sides excuse the actual people plotting to kidnap and overthrow a legitimately elected governor/government because they don't get their way!  Classic projection.  CLASSIC. 

Clearly she deserved to be kidnapped and tried for fucking treason by some badass militia boys for *checks notes* enacting policies as the lawfully elected governor of Michigan.

LIBERATE MICHIGAN! 

Nice strawman.

Not even close to what I was saying.  Excusing what the arrested nutters were planning?  Boy, you've got a helluva imagination.  Maybe you should try your hand out in Hollywood.

Edited by Cajun

43 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

This sort of rhetoric isn’t helpful.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Well he's not the greatest, but he has denounced this type of behavior frequently.

All in all he needs to be gone, but I don't think putting this at his feet is correct.

Sooo, he's one of them good Nazis.

Okay, so I google his name and Trump's, but I couldn't find anything damning. He supported the late Ben Carson in 2016. I didn't find anything with him embracing Trump. He called Whitermer batshit crazy when she was elected, but he then apologized publicly and called her to apologize personally.

I suppose he is among the shredded remains of the old GOP. He appears to be an exception to my condemnation but not refutation of same.

Thanks for educating me. Oh, and fuck you.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

My buddy had that Daisy, if it was the pump action version.  I think you were supposed to pump 3 times max (hey-o), but of course we always went to 10 or so (double hey-o).  Then we'd lob BBs at a 45 degree angle across the street, trying to bounce them off . . . well, the other guy.  Getting hit by one was like getting hit by a housefly.

That's the one. My brother had one too and I only remember shooting them at each other a couple of times. Mostly I just used it for the recreational killing of birds. Some were grackles that would eat the strawberries in the garden. That was a legitimate use. But I didn't really discriminate. I shot robins too and that was pretty stupid.  

Then one winter I was shooting at a flock of chickadees by a stream that ran behind our house. They're small but there were so many of them up in the trees that I figured I'd hit something. But there was a cardinal chirping away up there and I thought he was chasing them away. So, without even aiming or even raising the gun to my shoulder, I just pointed it in his general direction, shouted "Shut up!" and fired. Down came the cardinal. That freaked me out because the cardinal is the state bird of Indiana (and Ohio, W. Virginia, Kentucky, and Illinois). I thought I might get in trouble so I broke a hole in the ice and dropped his body into the stream. I watched this red spot through the ice as it floated away downstream. That was the last time I fired that gun. I haven't fired any gun since. 

• Hook 'Em 2