Michigan overthrow attempt/kidnapping of governor thwarted

ztejas

52 minutes ago, drt said:

it was foreign enemies vs domestic. Big difference.

I have been told by top men...top men...that the 210,000 deaths are caused by a virus from China.  That seems like a foreign enemy if ever there was one...no?  

14th person charged in alleged plot to kidnap Michigan governor

Brian Higgins, 51, of Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, has been charged with material support of an act of terrorism for his "alleged participation in a plan of domestic terrorism that included storming the Michigan Capitol building and harming government officials," Attorney General Dana Nessel's office said in a release.

Seven other people, all associated with the extremist group Wolverine Watchmen, were charged by the state of Michigan last week, and the federal government has charged an additional six people.

"While the political rhetoric in our nation may at times be divisive, I am encouraged by the united front our law enforcement community has displayed in response to this indescribable act of terror," Nessel said.

"These were very credible and very serious threats to our elected officials and the public in general, and the swift actions taken by state and federal authorities this past week are nothing short of heroic," she said.

Higgins has been charged with "material support or resources to a terrorist organization," according to the arrest warrant.

Higgins is thought to have "provided material support and resources in the furtherance of terrorist acts," according to the affidavit.

Higgins provided his night-vision goggles for surveillance of Whitmer's vacation home and used a dash camera in his vehicle to record the surveillance "to aid in kidnapping plans," the affidavit said.

Those charged in Michigan last week are suspected of attempting to identify the addresses of law enforcement officers "in order to target them," Nessel said after those arrests.

They "made threats of violence intended to instigate a civil war, and engaged in planning and training for an operation to attack the capitol building of Michigan and to kidnap government officials, including the governor of Michigan," Nessel said.

Higgins and seven other individuals were charged with a total of 20 state felony charges filed by Nessel.

If convicted, Higgins faces up to 20 years in jail for the act of terrorism charge.

Higgins was arrested in Wisconsin on Thursday and will be extradited to Michigan, according to the news release.

Just look at all of these "lone wolves"!!

NOYaxW8.png

Edited by Captainant

On 10/13/2020 at 2:44 PM, Brisketexan said:

What if a guy was to try to kidnap the Michigan governor because he thinks she's got some sexiness going on, and if she could just spend a little time with him, to get to know him, she'd realize that she digs him too, and then they could spend some real quality time together, and then it wouldn't be kidnapping at all, it would be a love story?

Asking hypothetically, for a friend.

Damn...  I've been busted. 

12 minutes ago, Ten Bears said:

Lmao this genius recorded their surveillance?

Stringer Bell shakes head.

“Siri, please record my upcoming conference call about how the deep state and 5G are illegally monitoring my group and I.  Also, order more anal lube and ammo ‘cause I’m a man!”  

On 10/9/2020 at 6:17 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Being an informant and infiltrating a bunch of terrorists like that has got to be one of the easiest jobs around, because they all seem dumb as fuck, and, like I said, their parents were probably related before marriage.  It's not like the mafia or something, where you have to be a fast thinker, and where they are always suspicious of outsiders.  These homegrown terrorist groups are out actively recruiting, and all you need is a fake Facebook page, a beard, the right bumperstickers and ball caps, and you're in.

You forgot your 1 oz copper "bullion" Challenge Coin with crossed rifles and "Molon Labe" stamped on it, Fed.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

14th person charged in alleged plot to kidnap Michigan governor

Just look at all of these "lone wolves"!!

NOYaxW8.png

That has to be from a single family reunion that's gone wrong, right?  Like a bunch of cousins got into a fight over the one hot cousin, and it ended up requiring the Sheriff's department to come out and arrest them.

Why do I have a feeling the 2020 election results in their Michigan county is now going to be decided by 14 votes?  Almost feel bad for Harris and Franks, they look like they had a decent chance at a normal life before they fell in with this crew.  I don't think Caserta was ever getting laid with those ears of his.

But my all-time favorite for both looks and name is Pete Musico.  The playful swirls of his beard.  The fucked up eyes.  The summer skinhead haircut gleefully growing back out for an Autumn in the Northwoods.  The great name, "They call me Petey Music."  $50 says there are two things stuck on the back of his truck...a certain kinda bumper sticker and the blood of his ex-girlfriend.  

Hayden---when the FBI arrest people for trying to kidnap a U.S. Governor...it's national news.  The news itself is not political.  The motivations of the accused may prove to be political in nature, but that's between them, the judge, the jury, and God.  Spoiler alert---the FBI has been dying to make an example of a group like this to deter similar activities/uprisings later this year.  These boys done got fucked.  

Edited by Lobo

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

this is the first time i've read through this thread. someone needs to explain to me how this thread belongs here instead of on the politics board. if i don't get satisfaction within the next half hour, i'm moving this shit over there or locking it. this is ridiculous.

There’s a politics board?  Who knew?!!

11 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

this is the first time i've read through this thread. someone needs to explain to me how this thread belongs here instead of on the politics board. if i don't get satisfaction within the next half hour, i'm moving this shit over there or locking it. this is ridiculous.

We already have one in CR but the DT supporters needed a safe space I guess.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

This thread belongs in DT just as much as the rioting and looting circlejerk thread does. Current events are pretty fucking ugly, if you haven't noticed

15 minutes ago, Captainant said:

This thread belongs in DT just as much as the rioting and looting circlejerk thread does. Current events are pretty fucking ugly, if you haven't noticed

Yeah, I'm kinda waiting on some "current events" or general news that doesn't have a political tinge to it, but I just can't find any.  

I'll give those murder hornets credit...they seem to be pretty apolitical.  Whatever happened to those fuckers?  They seemed to have been quelled.  

23 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, I'm kinda waiting on some "current events" or general news that doesn't have a political tinge to it, but I just can't find any.  

I'll give those murder hornets credit...they seem to be pretty apolitical.  Whatever happened to those fuckers?  They seemed to have been quelled.  

Maybe they were killed by the fire ants or the africanized killer bees?

27 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'm not saying I'd pay to watch africanized killer bees go up against the murder hornets, but if the Asian bees have learned to swarm those hornets and raise their body temperature to the point they kill the murder hornets, I'd like to see what the africanized bees can do.

Shit, according to Reggie White, Africanized killer bees should be awesome at singing and dancing compared to Asian bees who are too busy turning TVs into watches. This should be a snap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

okay, i've moved like half the fucking posts in this thread to the appropriate political thread.

when yall say you really don't want politics on this board, then don't fucking insert politics into it. you want a fact aggregation board, that's what you'll get. i'm sick and tired of the fucking gaslighting and petty sniping at each other. 

you nerve wracking sons of bitches

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

okay, i've moved like half the fucking posts in this thread to the appropriate political thread.

when yall say you really don't want politics on this board, then don't fucking insert politics into it. you want a fact aggregation board, that's what you'll get. i'm sick and tired of the fucking gaslighting and petty sniping at each other. 

Just wait until we start arguing about “shitholes” on the manhole flushing thread. 

So what you’re saying is that you moved all of capt taint’s posts?

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

They hit the west coast and burned to death in the wildfires.

• Haha 1

https://www.michiganradio.org/post/how-alleged-plot-kidnap-governor-unfolded-and-how-fbi-tracked-every-move

Excerpts from the article

In mid-August, they panicked. By that point, prosecutors allege they’d been talking for months, batting around ideas, honing a plan. They’d found each other through a network of connections inside the world of Michigan militias. Even in that world, full of people who love guns and hate the government, they were extreme. They threw around ideas no one else would consider. Storming the state Capitol building in Lansing. Destroying police vehicles with “Molotov cocktails.” Kidnapping a governor.

But in August, they got word a police officer had been asking questions of one of their former roommates, and everything seemed like it might unravel. They messaged each other frantically on a secure app.

“you think we’ve got a fed???” one of them texted.

At first, the plan was amorphous, Trask said. The men talked about kidnapping Ralph Northam, the Democratic governor of Virginia, or Governor Whitmer in Michigan. Whatever steps they decided to take, they knew they couldn’t do it alone, according to Trask.

“The group decided they needed to increase their numbers and encouraged each other to talk to their neighbors and spread their message,” Trask wrote in the affidavit submitted to the court.

The affidavit says that's when Adam Fox reached out to a militia known as the Wolverine Watchmen.

undefined

As a point of reference here is a snip from a google map of the lake that the Governor has a cottage (in Michigan it isn't that hard to find out since property records are a matter of public record, and strangely the Gov has theirs registered in their name, not a trust or another non-identifying entity)

Birch-lake

18 minutes ago, drt said:

Is the timeline in that quote fucked up, or did they really talk to MORE people after they suspected law enforcement surveillance?

nvm, the quote is shitty. 

They did continue to increase the scope of their plans after they suspected feds. The affidavit filed by the feds gives a much more clear sequence of events

Lol you’re such a fucking bitch. You might fit in better on TexAgs. 

Little surprise that you would run to capt taints defense. Like I said, posts all of the facts you want. I like facts. It’s the stupid commentary with said facts. And you both were the whiniest bitches on this board when those same stupid comments were directed at the rioters. You are amongst the biggest fucking hypocrites on this board.
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Hate said:

Little surprise that you would run to capt taints defense. Like I said, posts all of the facts you want. I like facts. It’s the stupid commentary with said facts. And you both were the whiniest bitches on this board when those same stupid comments were directed at the rioters. You are amongst the biggest fucking hypocrites on this board.

Ice Hockey Sport GIF by NHL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hate said:

All those riots still contributing to the COVID spike?  Hm? 

This is a message board, not a news aggregate site.  You are one of the many in the NO POLITICS crowd who demand posting of news with no commentary, especially if its a right wing source.  No one can refute it in your mind bc No PoLiTiCs and you get to spew talking points and imaginary facts all over the place with no pushback.  

Little Bitch GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Hook 'Em 3

All those riots still contributing to the COVID spike?  Hm? 
This is a message board, not a news aggregate site.  You are one of the many in the NO POLITICS crowd who demand posting of news with no commentary, especially if its a right wing source.  No one can refute it in your mind bc No PoLiTiCs and you get to spew talking points and imaginary facts all over the place with no pushback.  
200.gif

Find an imaginary fact I have posted. I’ll wait.

6 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Alpha males in a PT cruiser lulz.

I'm still amazed that they somehow thought they'd survive all of their plans.  That law enforcement would let them walk away with a governor, after they had started burning cop cars and shooting cops.

None of them had the braincells to realize they were all committing suicide.

I can see literally a few million American males learning of this story and thinking, "Yeah man, that's what I'm talking about.  Not just sitting around bitching online, but taking action.  Too bad they got caught, but I admire their balls and ideology."  And then a week later, the vehicle video comes out, and...

"Oh man, a fucking PT Cruiser?  Fuck those guys, hope they get the electric chair."  

14 minutes ago, Js1 said:

It’s ok guys, it’s not a trend or anything. White domestic terrorism is always lone wolf- oh

Should we make a new thread for every time an angry right wing chud is arrested for domestic terrorism or just use this as the mega thread? 

Asking for a friend

10 hours ago, Hate said:

Tell us the facts you like.