If not Urban Meyer, who?

Beau Vine

If not Urban Myer, who?  

347 members have voted

1. 1. Suppose we can't/won't get Urban Meyer...who is your backup plan?

• Bryan Harsin
    • Chris Petersen
    • Bob Stoops
    • Mack Brown
    • Lane Kiffin
    • Steve Sarkisian
    • James Franklin
    • Bill O'Brien
    • Gus Mahlzan
    • Kyle Shanahan
    • would rather keep Herman if we can't get Meyer
    • Other, mention in reply
    • PJ Fleck
    • Matt Campbell
    • Mario Cristobal
    • Jesus Christ himself

19 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Vanderbilt allegedly swept some sexual assault allegations against football players under the rug during Franklin's time there.

Regarding Malzhan - I went and looked up his record after a few people mentioned him as a possibility.  I was surprised at just how mediocre his record has been.  5 losses in 4 out of his 7 seasons at Auburn.  2-5 in bowl games.

Got it. That'd be pretty surprising at Vandy, the school that didn't/doesn't even have an AD, but I won't pretend to know. They did have one incident go public where a few players got kicked out (and maybe jailed) but no idea if others got swept under. Would also have to imagine Penn State did a ton of diligence on any of that before hiring him given their situation...

Just now, GTX Horn said:

It's probably a long shot because he seems like an NFL lifer, but I'd be curious to see how Shanahan would adjust his offense to the Big 12

I think Rod B was talking about Shanahan a while back and mentioned that he doesn't like the aspect of and ass kissing of 15-18 kids and their parents during recruiting. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I can't actually bring myself to vote for him, but Bob Stoops would be so ludicrous it could possibly be awesome.

Imagine the Longhorns destroying blowU  and winning the big 12 pretty much every year.  Unfortunately I can't quite envision such awesomeness, as it's never been reality.

Maybe ole Goiter Bob can come to Austin, and take us to the Promiseland.

On 10/14/2020 at 10:42 PM, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

This is 2020 so I am going with the worst possible scenario I can think of since that seems to be the theme this year with everything in life.  That means Kevin Sumlin will be our new head coach.  Wait, is RC Slocum still alive?  If so, maybe we hire him.

Grant Teaff is still alive too but......jeebus man you need some real coke.

IMHO Meyer is too sick to coach any more.  Also, I heard he loves the TV stuff, gets well paid for it, can hang out in SC where the weather's good and he can have his family close (not to mention that if he ever did get another coaching job, yeah, right down the 110 from where he lives now.

I wouldn't bet on Urby going through it all again, mostly due to health.

IMHO Meyer is too sick to coach any more.  Also, I heard he loves the TV stuff, gets well paid for it, can hang out in SC where the weather's good and he can have his family close (not to mention that if he ever did get another coaching job, yeah, right down the 110 from where he lives now.

I wouldn't bet on Urby going through it all again, mostly due to health.
F3G8ymQkOkbII.gif

I know this isn't a popular idea and really dont give a fuck, but if Urban comes what about Tebow as QB coach . He could do wonders if Sam stays another year 

No I dont think Tim would take it , but since this is just throwing shit against a wall I said fuck it

Tebow is a fucking moron. He can’t spell QB much less coach the position.

There’s a reason why great players rarely make great coaches. Doing and teaching are completely unrelated skill sets. Success in one has minimal to no relevance to success in the other.

9 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Tebow is a fucking moron. He can’t spell QB much less coach the position.

There’s a reason why great players rarely make great coaches. Doing and teaching are completely unrelated skill sets. Success in one has minimal to no relevance to success in the other.

and that's fair...

14 hours ago, nineliveslost said:

I know this isn't a popular idea and really dont give a fuck, but if Urban comes what about Tebow as QB coach . He could do wonders if Sam stays another year 

No I dont think Tim would take it , but since this is just throwing shit against a wall I said fuck it

I’d take him as a running back coach

16 hours ago, nineliveslost said:

Yes, let's hire the guy with infamous mechanics and accuracy as our QB coach 

• Hook 'Em 1

On October 14, 2020 at 8:24 PM, Somnio said:

I can't actually bring myself to vote for him, but Bob Stoops would be so ludicrous it could possibly be awesome.

Imagine the Longhorns destroying blowU  and winning the big 12 pretty much every year.  Unfortunately I can't quite envision such awesomeness, as it's never been reality.

Maybe ole Goiter Bob can come to Austin, and take us to the Promiseland.

Split the difference and hire Mark Stoops.