Burgers across Texas

dogbreath

20 hours ago, Covri said:

Non traditional burger that is awesome is the cowtown deluxe at kincaids over by Fort Worth, they have a couple locations, have not been to the original in Fort Worth.

https://www.kincaidshamburgers.com

Definitely hit the original location. 

4901 Camp Bowie Blvd.
Fort Worth, Texas 76107

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

If in east Texas, Fuller’s Grocery’s Bubba Burger is fantastic. Harrison County outside of Marshall. It’s been years since I’ve been but it’s an institution.

While you’re in the area, any of the Juicys burgers in Marshall/Longview/Tyler are all awesome. 

Those are basically the options out there for great burgers unless stuff has popped up in the area since I lived there 5 years ago. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/13/2020 at 6:37 PM, Etexhorn13 said:

If in east Texas, Fuller’s Grocery’s Bubba Burger is fantastic. Harrison County outside of Marshall. It’s been years since I’ve been but it’s an institution.

While you’re in the area, any of the Juicys burgers in Marshall/Longview/Tyler are all awesome. 

Those are basically the options out there for great burgers unless stuff has popped up in the area since I lived there 5 years ago. 

Agree.  But last time I checked, the Butcher Shop in Longview was pretty good, too.

Also, Stanley's BBQ has a burger on some days that looks delicious and which I suspect is done right (presumably the same one I had at Roast Social Kitchen that was excellent).

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Agree.  But last time I checked, the Butcher Shop in Longview was pretty good, too.

Also, Stanley's BBQ has a burger on some days that looks delicious and which I suspect is done right (presumably the same one I had at Roast Social Kitchen that was excellent).

The last time I went to The Butcher Shop was back in August.  It sucked!  I've been going since the '80s and this was the first time I went away disappointed.  COVID restrictions may have played a part; no Fixin's bar, no condiments readily available, etc... But the burgers were poorly cooked too.  Used to be a Thursday night staple growing up, order a meal and get the fries for free.  Ye 'Ol College night on Mondays were buy one get one free and were fantastic too.  Just not the same recently.

Never a fan of Juicy's.  Just never cared for it.  Always overcooked. 

I'll have to try Fuller's in Marshall, never been.  Speaking of Marshall, I heard that Neely's on highway 80 was closing down.  That's depressing, that place is legendary.  Porky's on 59 is as close to the original Neely's sandwich as you're going to get.  It was started by Orville Neely back in late '80s.  It will still stay open I'm sure.

5 minutes ago, DeepEastTexas said:

The last time I went to The Butcher Shop was back in August.  It sucked!  I've been going since the '80s and this was the first time I went away disappointed.  COVID restrictions may have played a part; no Fixin's bar, no condiments readily available, etc... But the burgers were poorly cooked too.  Used to be a Thursday night staple growing up, order a meal and get the fries for free.  Ye 'Ol College night on Mondays were buy one get one free and were fantastic too.  Just not the same recently.

I'll have to try Fuller's in Marshall, never been.  Speaking of Marshall, I heard that Neely's on highway 80 was closing down.  That's depressing, that place is legendary.  Porky's on 59 is as close to the original Neely's sandwich as you're going to get.  It was started by Orville Neely back in late '80s.  It will still stay open I'm sure.

It's been over a year since I've been there, and while I wasn't blown away in 2019, it wasn't bad either (Butcher Shop).

Neely's.  Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time.  A long time.  (wife (no pics) is from Marshall.).  Have eaten there (Neeley's) in probably 20 years, but wouldn't describe the experience as life altering.

Edited by dcbc

15 hours ago, DeepEastTexas said:

Neelys has always been more of a nostalgia thing for me, but i haven’t eaten there since i went back for summer in college probably. Also just realized I misspelled Fugler’s. Some people would just call the place Bubba Burger. If you’re as familiar with the area as you sound you’ve probably heard of it. It’s kinda northwest of Marshall a few miles. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, dcbc said:

It's been over a year since I've been there, and while I wasn't blown away in 2019, it wasn't bad either (Butcher Shop).

Neely's.  Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time.  A long time.  (wife (no pics) is from Marshall.).  Have eaten there (Neeley's) in probably 20 years, but wouldn't describe the experience as life altering.

I stopped in Butcher shop a couple of times last year and was disappointed. It may be more of a nostalgia thing for me too. I grew up going there with my Dad every time we went to Longview. Jucy's has always been good. 

I don't know if its still there, but was always a fan of Daniel Boone's bean n burger in Tyler.

The Daytripper's most reset episode covered most, if not all of the burger's he's had over the last 11 seasons.  Andice Store was featured.  Health Camp in Waco is a cool old place, but the burgers were just ok.  Mel's Country Cafe in Tomball has great burgers, but likely not the best in Harris County.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

The Daytripper's most reset episode covered most, if not all of the burger's he's had over the last 11 seasons.  Andice Store was featured.  Health Camp in Waco is a cool old place, but the burgers were just ok.  Mel's Country Cafe in Tomball has great burgers, but likely not the best in Harris County.  

Saw that show and it is why we went to Andice.

3 hours ago, DallasHorn26 said:

I don't know if its still there, but was always a fan of Daniel Boone's bean n burger in Tyler.

I ate there years ago and was grossed out at how filthy the place was. It's moved since then, but I've passed my judgment on it, and it's on my no fly list.

There's a place in Lindale called JT2 Burgers that I've been meaning to try.  Looks pretty good.

Edited by dcbc

5 hours ago, ztejas said:

Ironically I'd put El Arroyo's cheeseburger up there against any in Austin.

4 hours ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Interesting.  Will have to try

Maudies used to have a pretty dang good burger too with really good fries back in the day. Good value as well, but I haven’t had it in 10 years or more so couldn’t say it’s still the same. 

27 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

The only thing The Butcher Shop has on Jucy's is their buns in my opinion, but my wife I think prefers The Butcher Shop. The Butcher Shop does have an excellent bakery, though.

Jucy's definitely (buns aside, but it's true) is better, even though the one on 5th in Tyler gave me something that resulted in food poisoning.  But I can't quit it. 

Edited by dcbc

Mexican joints generally have a solid burger. Sometimes the best in town. Even shitty ones like El Arroyo.

One of the best burgers I’ve had was at El Parasol outside Bandolier NP in NM.

Fucking LOVE El Parasol. Burger is great, carne adovada burritos are amazing. Sometimes, we grab a couple and put them in our pack for lunch while hiking.

Fucking LOVE El Parasol. Burger is great, carne adovada burritos are amazing. Sometimes, we grab a couple and put them in our pack for lunch while hiking.

I had the carne adovado burrito and it kicked so much ass. My kid got a burger and took two bites. I took a bite to try it and ate the rest of it. No ragrats.

11 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

@Covri

Thanks for the heads up on Kelly farms. Had the double bacon and the meat has a very good beefy flavor. Got some of their hamburger meat for tacos and nachos tomorrow. 

Nice. I had it last night as well. Double meat cheese bacon jalapeños grilled onions mayo and mustard. It was great. 

I forgot about this one....

The 4 Way Bar & Grill in Lakehills, TX.  It's west of SA out by Medina Lake.

http://www.4waybarandgrill.com/menu/

I spent a few weeks out there helping out my Dad this summer and hit that place up several times.

DAMN SOLID burger.  I tried the Jimmy's Mushroom Swissburger, the Lakehills Legend Cheeseburger, and the Patty Melt.