On 11/13/2020 at 10:28 AM, CHIEF said:

Here are a few:

Johnson County-Cleburne- Burger Bar and/or Morris Neal's

Somervell County-Glen Rose- Loco Coyote

Erath County-Bluff Dale-Jasper's

Archer County-Holliday- T's Food Store Archer City-Murn's

Palo Pinto County Mineral Wells- Jesse's Drive-In

Hood County-Granbury- C Mart (convenience store) and/or Grump's

I have personally eaten at all of these.

CHIEF

Yes to Jasper's!  Went yesterday

• Hook 'Em 1

Prefer all above the patty. And keep it simple:

Lettuce
Tomatoes
Onions
Pickles
Jalapeños
Mustard (depends on my mood)
Cheese

No goddamn mayo, no salad dressing.

Prefer above usually.
Lettuce
Tomatoes, preferably from East Texas
Onions, preferably Red
Dill pickles
Mustard
Cheese, preferably Cheddar
Bacon(usually)

NEVER! Mayo, ketchup or salad dressings

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Tried the Spicy Korean BBQ burger from Chimac last night. I really enjoyed it. Comes with a fried egg on top. Only missing cheese and I didn’t see an option to add it. 

spacer.png

That looks great.  It's now on my list to try.  Is their Korean fried chicken good, too?

Edited by utee94

Dubl-R and Kitok do have a badass burger, love Kitok fries as well. Never had a burger from Health Camp, are they worth a visit?

not really...think very old school Dairy Queen but a slight step up. right down the road is Cupp’s though...it’s a damn good burger and worth the stop. Dave’s Burger Barn just north of Waco is solid, too.

Cupp’s...

https://s3-media0.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/4ypR1ZF0wLS_Us0uwa94_Q/o.jpg

Dave’s...

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/HNaN-mq7wcwv7WXqShMjcA?select=xXYarH-HSFopEmmo3UZqOA&utm_source=ishare&utm_content=photo
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

not really...think very old school Dairy Queen but a slight step up. right down the road is Cupp’s though...it’s a damn good burger and worth the stop. Dave’s Burger Barn just north of Waco is solid, too.

Cupp’s...

https://s3-media0.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/4ypR1ZF0wLS_Us0uwa94_Q/o.jpg

Dave’s...

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/HNaN-mq7wcwv7WXqShMjcA?select=xXYarH-HSFopEmmo3UZqOA&utm_source=ishare&utm_content=photo

Cupp's is greatness, definitely the best in Waco.. There was a cockroach in the bathroom in the 80's that was so big, I thought it was going to mug me and steal my wallet. But the burger was worth it, less than a mile from Health Camp and the Circle. 

CHIEF

Edited by CHIEF

On 3/8/2021 at 1:14 PM, Brisketexan said:

I was in S. Fort Worth on Saturday right after the lunch hour, and drove right by a Kincaids.....but we didn't have time to stop.  Pisses me off still.

The Original Kincaids is on Camp Bowie, next to a great dive bar, the Showdown.  It was very convenient back in the day to call in an order, leave the bar, return to the bar and eat a great burger with cold beer.  The other location is off of Hulen across from the mall-quality is still the same there.  Someday you gotta get one of these burgers!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, pch said:

The Original Kincaids is on Camp Bowie, next to a great dive bar, the Showdown.  It was very convenient back in the day to call in an order, leave the bar, return to the bar and eat a great burger with cold beer.  The other location is off of Hulen across from the mall-quality is still the same there.  Someday you gotta get one of these burgers!

I've been to the original, many moons ago.  Which was why I was itching for a return trip.  It's a good burger.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, RMac5 said:

Dubl-R and Kitok do have a badass burger, love Kitok fries as well. Never had a burger from Health Camp, are they worth a visit?

For just burgers at hole in the wall places...

Cupp's

Kitok

Christi's

Tom's

Dubl-R

Dave's

Captain Billy Whizzbang's

Health Camp

Now a Chili Dog and shake from Health Camp isn't a bad combo, but the burgers just became trash (I'm talking Sonic level burgers) about 10 to 15 years ago.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 3/8/2021 at 9:35 PM, CHIEF said:

Cupp's is greatness, definitely the best in Waco.. There was a cockroach in the bathroom in the 80's that was so big, I thought it was going to mug me and steal my wallet. But the burger was worth it, less than a mile from Health Camp and the Circle. 

CHIEF

Yeah, well, back when i was on the 40 acres i hit up a Chinese food buffet one day for lunch.  As i was about to serve myself some Kung Pao, i saw a huge black and red roach had been cooked in with the dish.  I immediately alerted management.  I saw someone come take that tray from the buffet and 2 minutes later that same person put the same exact tray back sans the roach.  I know because i went back to look at the tray.  They merely scooped it out of that saucy pan and didn't think twice.  Yeah so i mushu'd myself out of there.   

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 3/9/2021 at 3:02 PM, SimonBolivar said:

For just burgers at hole in the wall places...

Cupp's

Kitok

Christi's

Tom's

Dubl-R

Dave's

Captain Billy Whizzbang's

Health Camp

Now a Chili Dog and shake from Health Camp isn't a bad combo, but the burgers just became trash (I'm talking Sonic level burgers) about 10 to 15 years ago.

Shakes/malts at Health Camp are worth a stop.

I had a Jalapeno Cheeseburger at Sonic not too long ago, just changing things up, and it was a damned tasty fast-food burger.

17 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I’m going to the OG ‘fancy’ burger place of my childhood today, fuddrukcers 

Are they still open?  There used to be one close to me, but they lost their lease and it's now a Shake Shack, which I haven't tried, but seems to be a rather pale substitute.

The nearby Twisted Root is gone, too (no big loss I understand), and the nearby Hopdoddy still kind of has insane lines or did before the virus.

Fuddruckers used to be a go-to to scratch the big 1/3-1/2 lb burger itch. Now any of those type burger joints are kind of an expedition for us, either in terms of driving more than a couple of miles or waiting in a line and dealing with kind of jacked parking (Hopdoddy in Preston Center).

Actually, I lied, there's a pretty decent big burger in the form of Chip's that's not far away.  Don't think it has gotten a mention, but is quite decent.

Edited by TwiceHorn

31 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Are they still open?  There used to be one close to me, but they lost their lease and it's now a Shake Shack, which I haven't tried, but seems to be a rather pale substitute.

The nearby Twisted Root is gone, too (no big loss I understand), and the nearby Hopdoddy still kind of has insane lines or did before the virus.

Fuddruckers used to be a go-to to scratch the big 1/3-1/2 lb burger itch. Now any of those type burger joints are kind of an expedition for us, either in terms of driving more than a couple of miles or waiting in a line and dealing with kind of jacked parking (Hopdoddy in Preston Center).

Actually, I lied, there's a pretty decent big burger in the form of Chip's that's not far away.  Don't think it has gotten a mention, but is quite decent.

Last minute change, Quinn Dynasty Chinese instead 

Hat creek is ok. Not awesome, not bad. Last time I went my bun was burnt and ruined the burger. Bun is usually great. They have tator tots which is a good change from fries and onion rings.

They have an breakfast sandwich you can order with a over easy egg that is awesome.

I'd put it below whataburger and tied with P Terry's 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, NoName said:

best burger joint in San Antonio? obv Chris Madrid's is on the list but open to other ideas

A joint?

I dig this one down on St. Mary's not far from Tycoon Flats.  Nastee drip down your forearm shit --

iu.jpeg

iu.png

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

If you are talking the place off of Buffalo speedway, well fuck you then. One of my all time favorite Chinese restaurants ever. Haven’t been in a long while though.

It’s good Americanized Chinese. The kind of place classy Jewish people GoTo 

1 minute ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Alright, I need some top shelf burger suggestions for Lufkin or Nacogdoches.  Ray's in Lufkin has solid reviews, but you never know.  Maybe one or two choices for either of those cities.  Much appreciated.  About to ask similar in the BBQ thread.

Butcher Boys in Nacogdoches.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Alright, I need some top shelf burger suggestions for Lufkin or Nacogdoches.  Ray's in Lufkin has solid reviews, but you never know.  Maybe one or two choices for either of those cities.  Much appreciated.  About to ask similar in the BBQ thread.

if Butcher Boys is closed, hit up CC’s Smokehouse. had some great burgers there over the years.

for gods sake avoid the ‘cue...even if you’re curious just how bad it sucks....just don’t.
  • Like 1