Mark Meadows uses campaign funds to buy wife jewelry?

Gil Bang

51 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Meadows will get off with a slap on the wrist. If he was poor and black, he would receive 6 months in jail.

It'd be a lot longer than 6 months--a year would be the lowest they could hope for.  

• 8 months later...

Voter fraud crusader Mark Meadows may be charged with voter fraud after registering at mobile home (msn.com)

He listed a mobile home — that he reportedly never stayed at — in Scaly Mountain as his physical address in 2020 weeks before he cast an absentee by-mail ballot.

Now we know why he was so certain there is voter fraud in America....

the gaslighting far right strikes again

Edited by pacman

On 10/21/2020 at 8:32 PM, TexArcher said:

I swear to god, there could be video of Donald Trump selling our nuclear codes to Putin while Mitch McConnell snorted coke off a 12-year-old boy's dick in the background and members of their idiotic cult would be online going, "See, it's not as bad as it looks because..."

"Jack Smith is holding on line 1."

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/21/2020 at 2:36 PM, workswithseed said:

I wonder, would you care that $2,600 was stolen more than kids in cages then? I have a hard time that you'd care for them the same. 

Apparently I should have said "and", and not "but", since y'all stop reading after the but. 

It's not "either, or."  It's "and, both."

This has been a great thread for necro-rep, good and bad.

• 10 months later...
4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

😂😂😂😂😂

Gosh.  It seems that a shitload of people are getting the shocking news that maybe lying - particularly when your lies have material legal and/or financial consequences for others - might not be okay.  

FAFO indeed.

Meadows is getting much of what he deserves.  But he deserves a lot, lot more of it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I mean....fuck that publisher for disseminating the Big Lie without fact-checking it, though.  They knew that they were profiting off a lie.  They just didn't think that the liar they were amplifying would ever tell the truth, and burn them.

Both are contemptible slime who should burn in the pits of hell.

Let's not kid ourselves here.

It's not that he would later tell the truth.

It's that the book didn't sell enough copies.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Well, yeah....that's what made the book undesirable for its intended audience.  No good loyal MAGA is going to buy the book of someone who betrayed their godking.  And the #1 way to betray the Lord God Trump is to....tell the truth.

35 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, yeah....that's what made the book undesirable for its intended audience.  No good loyal MAGA is going to buy the book of someone who betrayed their godking.  And the #1 way to betray the Lord God Trump is to....tell the truth.

https://www.businessinsider.com/former-trump-aides-juicy-tell-all-books-flopped-in-sales-politico-2022-6

This was published about 6 months after Meadows' book went on sale.

Books by Mark Meadows, Mark Esper, Dr. Ben Carson, and Dr. Deborah Birx all sold under 22,000 copies. 

Tell-all books by former national security adviser John Bolton and former FBI director James Comey that were published during the Trump presidency made waves and were massive commercial hits, selling over 600,000 copies each, per Politico. "A Warning," an anonymously authored inside account of the Trump administration that was later revealed to be written by former Department of Homeland Security official Miles Taylor, also topped the New York Times bestseller list after it was published in 2019. 

But books published after the Trump presidency — both those laudatory and critical of Trump — have brought in comparatively meager sales figures, according to figures from NPD Bookscan obtained by Politico. 

Former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows' book "The Chief's Chief," which contained the bombshell revelation that Trump tested positive for COVID before a debate with Joe Biden, sold less than 22,000 copies. 

Now, it does mention that this doesn't capture ebook sales and not all hardcover sales, but they are comparing the sales using the same sources as those books selling in the hundreds of thousands..

And one interesting note - almost two years after Meadows' book came out, it has around 1,400 reviews/rankings on Amazon.  Cassidy Hutchinson's book has 7,200 reviews/rankings (released less than two months ago), and is doing well (see rankings below), which is odd for ex-Trumpers at this point - the real gold was releasing the books while Trump was still in the White House.

• #1 in United States Executive Government
  • #4 in Political Leader Biographies
  • #20 in Memoirs (Books)

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/former-trump-aides-juicy-tell-all-books-flopped-in-sales-politico-2022-6

This was published about 6 months after Meadows' book went on sale.

Now, it does mention that this doesn't capture ebook sales and not all hardcover sales, but they are comparing the sales using the same sources as those books selling in the hundreds of thousands..

And one interesting note - almost two years after Meadows' book came out, it has around 1,400 reviews/rankings on Amazon.  Cassidy Hutchinson's book has 7,200 reviews/rankings (released less than two months ago), and is doing well (see rankings below), which is odd for ex-Trumpers at this point - the real gold was releasing the books while Trump was still in the White House.

• #1 in United States Executive Government
  • #4 in Political Leader Biographies
  • #20 in Memoirs (Books)

MAGATs don't read books.

The audience for the Trump-betrayers is the rest of us.

• Like 1

So Meadows has gone from being comfortably in a Freedom Caucus leadership position of grift with little to no chance of losing his seat, to the following:

1.  Unemployed and unemployable

2.  Under criminal indictment in Georgia and facing prison time (with potential perjury charges forthcoming), all despite having apparently cut a cooperation deal with the DOJ on the Federal level

3.  Getting a book advance, having said book written and published, now being sued for the advance plus damages

4.  Potentially being charged individually for voter fraud (I don't think that ship has sailed with his shenanigans in North Carolina)

I'm sure there is some shit I am forgetting as well.

I think this guy might just be a complete fucking moron.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, BamaATL said:

So Meadows has gone from being comfortably in a Freedom Caucus leadership position of grift with little to no chance of losing his seat, to the following:

2.  Under criminal indictment in Georgia and facing prison time (with potential perjury charges forthcoming), all despite having apparently cut a cooperation deal with the DOJ on the Federal level

3.  Getting a book advance, having said book written and published, now being sued for the advance plus damages

4.  Potentially being charged individually for voter fraud (I don't think that ship has sailed with his shenanigans in North Carolina)

ETTD

• Hook 'Em 1

If this were to go to trial, there would be some potential hilarity ensuing.

First, it seems Meadows would have to go on record to explain that he lied because its what his audience wanted to hear.

And, second, he would probably argue, successfully, that drops in sales are not due to the lies in the book, but due to the perception of his audience of being a turncoat.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

MAGA buys books?

I thought it was just 8chan with OANN in the background playing 24/7

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/3/2023 at 5:20 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Jokes on them. Bet they win nothing when Meadows reveals his defense. "I am a piece of shit. They knew it but took the risk anyway. They are just trying to double dip here"

Judge "You are so obviously a piece of shit that I have to agree. Case Dismissed"

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/4/2023 at 12:46 AM, BamaATL said:

Meadows has been living in a simulated life of no consequences.  And now suddenly, in real life, they're all coming due at once.  

• Hook 'Em 1