Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

gotdamn that needs to be Beto's #1 ad buy, over and over, that clip then fade to black screen with these words: 'Everything is worse, thanks to Greg Abbott' or something.

hammer him with his own words.

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 8/2/2022 at 8:40 PM, Bozo_Casanova said:

He didn’t think to play to the the camera or walk down the center aisle, then he didn’t make sure that the mics could clearly catch him. Then he was shouted down by the mayor while he was ignored by the Abbott, and what the mayor said was very clear, and that was the last word. 
I’m sorry but the optics were terrible and made Abbott look even more in control, because Beto didn’t manage the optics. And maybe that’s noble, but it tells me he hasn’t learned a goddamn thing. 

Maybe he should have brought in a hype man to pump up the crowd with "Wave your hands in the air, like you just don't care."

I hear this guy is looking for work after Bernie got him fired from his longtime gig.  Best fucking hype man in history.

flavor-flav-arriving-at-american-music-a

I reading that most Texans’ cell phone bills are jumping by $12 in September and it’s all due to Abbott.  Someone please correct me if the facts below are not right.

background, Texas socializes funding for some rural phone service because they don’t have cell towers and satellite phones are too expensive. So we all help pay for their satellite phones through the Universal Service fee via our mobile bills. Like $2 per month each. The amount needed to be raised a couple of years ago to keep up with rising costs, and in true Texas govt fashion not only did we not raise that fee, we just stopped paying the service providers.

Courts have now ordered Texas to pay up so instead of a small increase 2 years ago, it’s now a large increase for everyone. Thanks Greg. Top notch job as usual.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I reading that most Texans’ cell phone bills are jumping by $12 in September and it’s all due to Abbott.  Someone please correct me if the facts below are not right.

background, Texas socializes some rural phone service because they don’t have cell towers and satellite phones are too expensive. So we all help pay for their satellite phones through the Universal Service fee via our mobile bills. Like $2 per month each. The amount needed to be raised a couple of years ago to keep up with rising costs, and in true Texas govt fashion not only did we not raise that fee, we just stopped paying the service providers.

Courts have now ordered Texas to pay up so instead of a small increase 2 years ago, it’s now a large increase for everyone. Thanks Greg. Top notch job as usual.

Other states are passing bills and doing things to help their citizens with inflation. What is Texas doing for us?

crickets……

5 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Other states are passing bills and doing things to help their citizens with inflation. What is Texas doing for us?

crickets……

Surveiling women to make sure their vaginas are managed properly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

crickets……

What he is doing is making Texas more business friendly at the expense of poor people. 

If cell phone bills are truly going up for everyone, that is horrible timing for Abbott. It gives Beto a great talking point, and potentially find indifferent adults who could be convinced to vote.

of course if I was Abbott I would be moving heaven and earth to delay this increase even to the point of a higher increase next year.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

background, Texas socializes funding for some rural phone service because they don’t have cell towers and satellite phones are too expensive. So we all help pay for their satellite phones through the Universal Service fee via our mobile bills. Like $2 per month each. The amount needed to be raised a couple of years ago to keep up with rising costs, and in true Texas govt fashion not only did we not raise that fee, we just stopped paying the service providers.

Why don't we use some of that big excess sales tax revenue to pay for this? 

A quick Google shows a cheap satellite plan is under $100/month.

Assuming there’s 5M cell phone accounts in Texas that’s enough money to pay for 600,000 satellite plans.

There ain’t 100,000 living out of range of a cell tower. I’d bet it’s under 50,000 total.

NYC taxi workers showing Abbott what being Christian in the public sphere looks like:

NEW YORK (PIX11) — A bus carrying 14 migrants from Texas arrived in New York City Sunday morning, the second in three days, officials said. On Friday, about 54 migrants came to the city. 

“Our goal is to immediately find out every family’s needs and give them the assistance they want,” Mayor Eric Adams said Sunday.

Gov. Greg Abbott of Texas sent the buses to Manhattan because other cities need to do more to help with the crisis at the border, he said. Abbott said President Joe Biden’s border policies are exasperating at the border and overwhelming Texas communities.

The governor is also sending the migrants to other cities. Texas has already sent thousands of people to Washington, D.C., and more migrants are on the way, Abbott said. 

New York City will do what it can to help the migrants but officials said Abbott is not handling the situation properly. Officials believe several migrants were dropped off in other locations on the way to the city.

“We’re concerned about that because we don’t want people dropped off anywhere. you can only imagine you’re in a country you don’t know much about,” Adams said. “We were led to believe 40 people would be on that bus. Only 14 got off.”

“They’re not letting us know what time the buses are leaving or the needs of the people on the bus.,” Adams added. “They’re not giving us any information so we’re unable to provide services for people en route.”

On Sunday, New York City taxi workers show up to welcome the migrants and offered them free rides. They said immigrants and migrants contribute to the economic well-being of the county and deserve support.

Ibrahima Gory, a local cab driver, said, “We are proud to be here to welcome them.”

“You leave your country to come to the U.S., it’s for a better life,” he added. “It’s a dream and we hope that dream will come true.”

Meantime, the mayor said any of the migrants who choose to stay in the city will be provided with shelter, but noted the shelters are overwhelmed. Adams is now calling on the federal government to step in and help with resources.

Abbott and Immigration and Customs Enforcement could not be reached for comment

• Hook 'Em 2