Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Trying to shame republicans is a waste of time.

a stronger signal is to discover what federal law was broken and arrest Abbott and DeSantis. 

Shouldn’t take the DOJ long to figure it out. If you want to be an inhumane cretin then it’s FAFO time for everyone participating in this, but especially these two.

• Hook 'Em 2

This is "border encounters" -- don't know what exactly that entails.

image.png.dd70ad47b85eb9e9e81769e22066b97c.png

These numbers are laughable small compared to GWB's early years. An estimated 2MM crossed in one year. He tried to do something about immigration reform but his own party told him to fuck for reasons.

I know Tucker has a chyron every night telling some of you that there's a border CRISIS, but that doesn't make it so.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, DaysOff said:

These numbers are laughable small compared to GWB's early years. An estimated 2MM crossed in one year. He tried to do something about immigration reform but his own party told him to fuck for reasons.

2 million in one year you say? 

image.png.4f43c6e18e91c1787919fb58e6ca3a6a.png

Come on. Flashing red "Border in Crisis!!!!1!!" stories every 5 minutes on Fox? Nah. But it is a major issue that deserves a serious response.

Most people, even the stupids, understand that the United States needs more people to remain economically competitive long term.  Yeah, yeah...AI and robots gonna take all the jobs...we still need skilled labor and our birth rate is declining.  So we'll allow immigrants, but only if they're illegally over-stayed visas white people.  Despite there being a backlog of skilled labor to our South that are immediately labeled as murderers and thugs.  

So how is Abbott and gang solving for this conundrum?  By outlawing abortion.  That's the brilliant solution.  Trouble is the only people that can get them now are educated whites with monetary means.  So the population decline will still exist and replacement theory bullshit will reign supreme.  

So what's Abbott & Co's next idea?  To make sure that even sexual assault victims can't get an abortion.  Yep, no immigration, no abortion, no decency.  Abbott is gonna make sure Texas rapes its way back to a white majority.  God bless you fuckbag!  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

why do i continue to be surprised by this? anyone watching TV this weekend has probably seen the Abbott ad attacking Beto claiming that he wants to defund the police. Of course it is heavily edited.

Here's an actual transcript of O'Rourke's comments. The words in bold were the ones cut up and reassembled by the Abbott campaign. 

So, I really love that Black Lives Matters [sic] and other protesters have put this front and center, to defund, you know, these line items that have overmilitarized our police, and instead invest that money in the human capital of your community, make sure that you have the services, the help, the support, the health care necessary to be well and not require police intervention. And then also in some necessary cases, completely dismantling those police forces and rebuilding them.”

seriously, this should be illegal.

Edited by yoladu
  • Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, elfenix said:

danny goeb ad on the radio last night telling me about how everything is shit and the economy is being ruined at the same time greg is touting texas's record employment numbers. 

rules to follow

1. Everything the Rs do is great 

2. everything the dems do is bad 

31 minutes ago, elfenix said:

danny goeb ad on the radio last night telling me about how everything is shit and the economy is being ruined at the same time greg is touting texas's record employment numbers. 

They both have ads talking about how violent crime is on the rise in Texas. Like, you chucklefucks are in charge. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Approximately 1% of the voting public will see this story.

Yep, maybe 5% of politically engaged Republicans and 10% of politically engaged Democrats will see that, so maybe 1% of the total Texas population.  At best.  

Reminds me of years ago, my wife came across some article about Mad Men winning all these awards and having a few viewership of 3mm/week.  And she thought, "Everybody we know watches this show, but only 1 out of 100 Americans watch it?  Whuh?"  And i had to tell her, "We're weird sweetheart."  

Saw a shot with him on the sideline of the OU game. By far the most disappointing part of that game.

Maybe he can go tell OU that it "coulda been worse."

17 hours ago, mchookem said:

yeah i mean it's a little late 😐

Why?  I mean it only took Linklater 10 years to make his last film, why shouldn't this ad take more than 4 or 5 months?  ;)  

also, pos rep to FTC.  One less touchdown...not funny.  One more touchdown...too soon.  But yeah 49-0....coulda been worse.  I picture Cruz being there running around the field looking for someone to hug like Coach V after the N.C. State victory.  Only Jimmy tragically died from cancer shortly thereafter and I'm still bummed about it.  And if Ted Cruz died of cancer tomorrow, you'd be hard pressed to find anybody who admitted to ever hugging him...including his children.  It's funny when assholes who hurt innocent people for a living get cancer.  

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

point, beto

nah.

beto only gets the points if he grabs onto biden's talking points about jailing nonviolent drug possession. 

i happen to think he can drive legalization, especially given surrounding states' success with it, but he seems to want to follow the texas democrat "try to be republican lite" play policy defense strategy and hope for another clayton williams moment.

seriously. that bit of republican self-sabotage ruined the texas democrats forever.

Tarrant County is more purple than red. If this were Parker or Collin, then he'd need to be worried. That's prime Trumper territory hence all the damn insurrectionists that were convicted from up there. 

Huh? Collin is way closer to Tarrant than Parker
Beto vs Cruz:
Tarrant
49.9-49.2
Collin
46.5-52.7
Parker
18.3-80.9

Biden vs Trump
Tarrant
49.3-49.1
Collin
47.0-51.4
Parker
17.1-81.5

5 hours ago, mdmost said:

Tarrant County is more purple than red. If this were Parker or Collin, then he'd need to be worried. That's prime Trumper territory hence all the damn insurrectionists that were convicted from up there. 

My neighborhood on the south side of collin county (but still Dallas - 214 holla) is heavy Dem. Lots of Beto signs; lots of Mihaela Plesa signs - she lives a few blocks away). Door to door canvassing is always Dem. Beto guy stopped by yesterday. 

Only three Trump houses in the hood that advertise their allegiance. It’s at least a 10 to 1 Dem to Rep ratio. 

• Hook 'Em 1