Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

1 minute ago, royiv said:

Totally get what you're saying and don't disagree with your premise, but I don't have a problem with this particular move given what I know about the security concerns with TikTok.

Not at all. This is a good move. But the juxtaposition against *crickets* since last May is deafening.

On 12/8/2022 at 2:35 PM, Pig Bellmont said:

My company pre loads our phones with apps and they prevent you from downloading any new ones. Was Texas not doing that already?

Yes.  He's just grandstanding.  I couldn't download it on my state phone if I tried.  I might be able to get it on Safari, but I doubt it.

• Hook 'Em 3

53 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I'm sure all the "free speech" neanderthals will be out in front of this government oppression.

Some Republican, Jared Patterson of Frisco, filed legislation to ban all social media for anybody under the age of 18  and it would require all social media companies to collect drivers license information to verify every user’s age.

We are truly the dumbest fucking state.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Some Republican, Jared Patterson of Frisco, filed legislation to ban all social media for anybody under the age of 18  and it would require all social media companies to collect drivers license information to verify every user’s age.

We are truly the dumbest fucking state.

Matt Gaetz said to be strongly opposed.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/4/2022 at 11:47 AM, jimmyjazz said:

It's remarkable.  We need a vaccine against stupidity.  Abou 2 minutes of googling let me to the following list of vaccines required for military service, which (along with covid-19) seems eminently reasonable, given our need for readiness combined with close quarter living, etc.:

• Adenovirus
  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Influenza
  • Measles, mumps, rubella
  • Meningococcal
  • Poliovirus
  • Tetanus-Diphtheria
  • Varicella

Others are required depending on area of deployment.  Sure, let's weaponize the covid vaccine because . . . Hunter Biden!

Damn this is more info that I got in boot. It was just a long line of shots every few steps and a cotton ball in case you started bleeding. No one was told and no one asked questions. What a bunch of pussies 

• Hook 'Em 4

On 12/8/2022 at 2:35 PM, Pig Bellmont said:

My company pre loads our phones with apps and they prevent you from downloading any new ones. Was Texas not doing that already?

Some state agencies definitely do. They control what can go in and out of your computer, too.

This is grandstanding to make Abbott an international statesman. Kind of like stationing the Texas Guard to the border where he and all the other candy ass GOPs can get photo ops behind the big machine gun on a swiftboat.

• Rage+1 1

This is so Christian of him to do on Christmas. I mean most Christian’s support these acts and how noble of them. This is what Christ envisioned of his followers to do, screw the poor immigrants, they can pull themselves out of the cold.

“Inflict cruelty” has literally become the defining belief of an entire political party. This is beyond sick.
  • Rage+1 5

44 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

This is so Christian of him to do on Christmas. I mean most Christian’s support these acts and how noble of them. This is what Christ envisioned of his followers to do, screw the poor immigrants, they can pull themselves out of the cold.

Christianity >>> White Christianity 

two different worlds 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

20 years from now we're going to get a news story about one of these kids or one of these people's kids graduating from UT or Harvard.

Greg Abbott will take credit.

And if there is a god, they’ll be running for office against an Abbott protege somewhere, and kick the absolute shit out of him.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And if there is a god, they’ll be running for office against an Abbott protege somewhere, and kick the absolute shit out of him.

Hopefully kicking the shit out of them as incumbents.  If we have 20 more years of Abbott type governance, won't be much left of this state.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, Gengs1 said:

It is completely consistent with American White Christianity, which is little other than a satanic cult.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

8 hours ago, tchookem said:

20 years from now we're going to get a news story about one of these kids or one of these people's kids graduating from UT or Harvard.

Greg Abbott will take credit.

I believe that in the very near future, UT will be forced to not accepted daca or anyone else that did not arrive in the US legally. 

• Hook 'Em 1