Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

Somebody on twitter made an Old Yeller comment, but can't find it now (probably censored under Musk's leadership).

Anyways, Abbott is showing his age.  And he will clearly never make the national stage - he doesn't even have enough political sway to get himself a cabinet position - Trump or DeSantis would probably carry Texas on their own without Abbott anywhere in sight.

Thinking about Oklahoma's Governor shutting down the lone Oklahoma PBS station because he thinks it's grooming Okie kids (hint: they are on their tablets/phones more than on PBS), my kid was watching some new Daniel Tiger episode about a wedding between the doctor and baker - they are of different races, so how long until Republicans in Texas go after PBS for showing a happy interracial marriage?  And a while back, the Odd Squad tv show on PBS had a same-sex marriage.

13 hours ago, South Austin said:

As nauseating as it is watching his political theatrics, I do take pleasure in watching Abbott's continuous desperate MAGA ball-gargling, yet the national stage isn't giving his presidential ambitions any serious recognition. 

MAGAs don’t want a president who lost to a tree

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

FvmuM8ZX0AY47vM?format=jpg&name=small

DDD Mom told me tonight that Mothers Against Greg Abbott are urging folks to plant little red flags in their yards to remember each death by mass shooting in TX under Abbott. Something like 140+ (math is hard). 

• Hook 'Em 1

Sutherland Springs and El Paso have dropped out of the conscious of a lot of people.

Disagree. I have a lot of friends for whom El Paso is still very front and center in their minds. Go figure they’re members of the targeted community.
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Twitter gave me a week long timeout for telling this fuckstick to wheel himself off a cliff. 

Should've buried the accusation in some rambling false-flag cosplay about the Left.

Edited by Stilicho

2 hours ago, pacman said:

yeah, my kid's school of over 1,000 students was half empty yesterday due to a threat circulating that the school deemed "non-credible." How should parents react to that? What do we do to reduce the chance of such events? How 'bout nothing and just pray it doesn't happen again, to our own kids. Fucking unacceptable.

42 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

yeah, my kid's school of over 1,000 students was half empty yesterday due to a threat circulating that the school deemed "non-credible." How should parents react to that? What do we do to reduce the chance of such events? How 'bout nothing and just pray it doesn't happen again, to our own kids. Fucking unacceptable.

We had a similar thing. It was a social media “joke” out of florida.

https://www.news-journalonline.com/story/news/crime/2023/05/05/florida-school-threat-ends-in-arrest-of-coral-gables-girl-18/70189721007/

1 hour ago, Radical Larry said:

Oh you DO know her?

OK I'm a bit buzzed, but don't THINK I'm going crazy, this is for the oldsters. Back in the 80's 90's could have been early 2000s, there was another female lawyer here in Austin, she was blonde, kind of a perm hairstyle and wore what I can only describe as a Boy George hat, or a pork pie hat I guess.  I cannot remember her name to save my life (or bail me out), anybody remember her or is this just a Mandela effect thing going on....

OK I'm a bit buzzed, but don't THINK I'm going crazy, this is for the oldsters. Back in the 80's 90's could have been early 2000s, there was another female lawyer here in Austin, she was blonde, kind of a perm hairstyle and wore what I can only describe as a Boy George hat, or a pork pie hat I guess.  I cannot remember her name to save my life (or bail me out), anybody remember her or is this just a Mandela effect thing going on....

I remember her but can’t think of her name.
  • Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

I remember her but can’t think of her name.

Should have know I could search one of those Austin-centric facebook groups and find it...  it was Janet Stockard

stockard.jpg

Edited by UTCzech III
only one typo (well it turned into 5 (make it 6 now), four in this here edit box, that last tripel I had is setting in...)
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

And yes I know I am derailing the thread, but can we just maybe not think about this impotent, twig-legged mother fucker for a few minutes.  And I'm not making fun of no cripples (see the Monkees "Head" for reference), as Gordie Lachance said, "No Ace, just you..."  (my pop culture references come out when I get drunk, back to your regularly scheduled programming)

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, UTCzech III said:

And yes I know I am derailing the thread, but can we just maybe not think about this impotent, twig-legged mother fucker for a few minutes.  And I'm not making fun of no cripples (see the Monkees "Head" for reference), as Gordie Lachance said, "No Ace, just you..."  (my pop culture references come out when I get drunk, back to your regularly scheduled programming)

Lobo?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, UTCzech III said:

Love the Monkees Head reference.

Bravo. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/7/2023 at 1:28 PM, YGIFS said:

Is this gonna be like one of those playoff bets where Abbott and DeSantis pledge a Texas brisket/crate of Florida oranges for whoever gets the most mass shootings before their term is up?

DeSantis won't be able to pay up on that bet, because he's made sure all the fruit pickers left the state.

I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I admit it kind of blows my mind that any tattoo artists(?) would still be giving tattoos like that. Of course, some are just as racist as their customers, I imagine...
I get the impression these weren't done by an artist per se. More likely a fellow Nazi that has a tattoo gun and has gotten really good at doing swastikas.
  • Hook 'Em 1