Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

Today I learned that Abbott purports to be a Catholic. 

I cannot think of a thing more blasphemous than sending refugee men, women, and children to a distant place with no shelter on a cold Christmas Eve.

He should be excommunicated.

So do something.  Call your bishop or whatever the fuck you people call the top man.  Write the fucking pope.  Do something.   

I'm not a Catholic, and I'm not a Texan, but, if there's something I can do, I'll do it.  Give me some fucking direction.  Larry Flynt is dead, so I don't have a connection anymore for anything. 

Edited by Gil Bang

10 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

He’s a horrible human being and not a representative of the people in this state 

im sure those two weirdo GQP billionaires, that live in bfe Tx, love this latest political stunt 

He's the epitome of just about everyone I know in Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Grade of D as in David said:

I hope that crippled fuck is dead in 20 years, and those graduates shit on his grave.

Years? I hope that fucker is dead before I finish my beer.

Edited by Burt
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

The fact that the cripple won't let anyone coordinate with the city or state they are sending them to tells me it is all about the cruelty.  That particular bus I read was thought to be going to a different place and it was diverted.  I am sure no erection Abbott was just rolling along thinking it was just hilarious.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

29 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

So do something.  Call your bishop or whatever the fuck you people call the top man.  Write the fucking pope.  Do something.   

I'm not a Catholic, and I'm not a Texan, but, if there's something I can do, I'll do it.  Give me some fucking direction.  Larry Flynt is dead, so I don't have a connection anymore for anything. 

I’ve done something. I’ve completely left the Church.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

On a side note, Abbott’s wife had grandparents who were Mexican, so the fact that he does this shit with that family history makes it even more awful.

As for what to do, Abbott has been condemned by all of the Catholic Bishops in Texas a few years ago, but just remind any GQP MAGA types you know that Abbott is a Catholic just like Biden.  Just toss that out there and let them think about it.

12 minutes ago, NWBuck said:

On the topic of international strangers and weather related hospitality 

They Traveled From South Korea. They Got Stranded Near Buffalo.
A South Korean tour group’s van became stuck in the snow outside a house in Williamsville, N.Y. They spent the weekend with the homeowners — who luckily had a well-stocked kitchen.

Automobile?????   HAHAHAHA!!!!!

• Like 1

Jesus. Just heard about the latest stunt this morning on the news. According to the AP, Abbott’s office won’t confirm that they were behind it. Everyone knows they were. Anyone who supports that kind of treatment of other human beings is an asshole, pure and simple. And that includes anyone who just stays silent and tolerates it. Tolerance is complicity.

The AP also reported that Abbott “has given bus rides to more than 15,000 people since April to Washington, New York, Chicago, and Philadelphia.” Compared to the number of people trying to cross the border, that’s a pittance. It’s meaningless. But it’s 15,000 people’s lives he’s messing with frivolously, treating them as objects to score political points. It’s reprehensible. It’s sickening. One has to wonder what DeSantis is going to come up with next to draw attention back to him. How can he out-asshole Abbott?

https://apnews.com/article/texas-kamala-harris-a0de34dd3b26941c0ae4fac2114586d0

• Hook 'Em 1

Until DOJ starts arresting people for human trafficking / kidnapping, the likes of Hot Wheels and Doo Doo Desantis will keep on keeping on.

And since Garland won't get off his fucking ass and arrest Dotard for a litany of bullshit from treason to espionage then we have no god damn hope.

Fuck you, Abbott.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 3

7 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Anyone who supports that kind of treatment of other human beings is an asshole, pure and simple.

More than a few folks who, if they were paralyzed in the prime of their lives, especially if they were physically active,  might spend the rest of their lives angry at the world, and finding ways to get back at the world.  If they were even a little bit smart, they might try to find a way to make the most people miserable that they can, and if they were a little smarter, might try and disguise it as anything but them lashing out at the world.  And they may pay lip service to a religion, but deep down, if they were a little smart, they have to be angry and wondering why they were the ones struck down, and not a “lesser” person.

I’m not saying that’s Abbott’s driving force, mind you.  Just saying some people might have that view.

Abbott has to be absolutely seething that for everything he has done to appeal to MAGA, as much as he’s debased himself for Trump and dumbass MAGA yokels, he is nowhere near being in the national conversation of Presidential contenders.  And he will not be a VP candidate because Texas doesn’t need help staying red.

Can somebody, anybody explain this kind of Christianity?

Texas Governor Greg Abbott has been criticized after he posted a Christmas Day social media message amid reports of migrants being left in Washington D.C. in freezing temperatures.

The Republican tweeted on December 25 wishing people a Merry Christmas and adding: "May the joy of our Savior's birth fill your hearts today and every day."

The tweet included a picture of a Bible verse from Isaiah 9:6 reading: "For a child has been born for us, a son given to us; authority rests upon his shoulders; and he is named wonderful counselor, mighty God, everlasting Father, prince of peace

It's performative sadism. He's running for President and has to be more xenophobic than Desantis in order to win in the primaries.

Yep. All of GQP politics is a race to the bottom. But of course, as we’ve learned, there is no bottom. It always gets worse.
If you think we won’t see a major GQP candidate boasting about gunning down migrants within the next 5 yrs, you’re wrong.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep. All of GQP politics is a race to the bottom. But of course, as we’ve learned, there is no bottom. It always gets worse.
If you think we won’t see a major GQP candidate boasting about gunning down migrants within the next 5 yrs, you’re wrong.

Icono, um, Macklemore is gonna run for office?

sorry-oh-no.gif

Because I could see someone with his sketchy past and persona doing quite well with the MAGA demographic much like that weirdo Santos from NY.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Infuriating.   I hope he dies a slow, painful death.  Preferably soon.  I guess I’m ok with fast.  But the rest of that fuckhead needs to die, either way.

God damn POS knows we can handle the refugees with a smile on our face around here, so he goes out of his way to not let a soul know.  Again, die you stupid gimp motherfucker.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

Can somebody, anybody explain this kind of Christianity?

It's not Christianity, it's pure hatred of other people that are different than you.

And if you consider that to be "Christianity" then I can consider myself a lottery player simply even though I don't buy lottery tickets.

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

It's performative sadism. He's running for President and has to be more xenophobic than Desantis in order to win in the primaries.

Plus this. It's a lust for political power that he will never have, and the fact that he's not in the national conversation for 2024 candidates must piss him off like nothing else.  

He's spent years getting to where he is at (and probably had to work against a lot of Republicans looking down upon him literally and figuratively for his paralysis), and then DeSantis came in fairly late in the game (didn't get into politics until 2012).

• Hook 'Em 2

On 12/25/2022 at 10:41 PM, atomheartbevo said:

On a side note, Abbott’s wife had grandparents who were Mexican, so the fact that he does this shit with that family history makes it even more awful.

As for what to do, Abbott has been condemned by all of the Catholic Bishops in Texas a few years ago, but just remind any GQP MAGA types you know that Abbott is a Catholic just like Biden.  Just toss that out there and let them think about it.

Not Tio Greg!

• Rage+1 1

On 12/25/2022 at 6:38 PM, pyrohornIII said:

While Abbott is busing north, a bus this past Thursday was headed towards Mexico from Wisconsin, carrying people down to visit their families for the holidays.   40 passengers, mainly men, but a few women and children too.    That was the night the Norther first blew in.

Their bus broke down outside of Greenville in Hunt Co.  They were off the bus looking for a solution and walking to find shelter.  A local pastor and his wife took them in and housed the whole group somehow.  The women and children inside the house and the men in a heated outbuilding.   A call went out for food and money to help them and the local Dems soon had a pickup full of food and the part for the bus had been found.   But it wasn't the right one.  So they kept at it.  

I got word this afternoon the bus was back on the road, headed south again.  

Fuck you Greg Abbott.

I grew up and live near there, glad they were able to find some help.  That area is as full of conservatives as any in Texas so I'm surprised that there was anyone, (let alone any dems) to help out the poor folks on that bus.  

As I mentioned in another thread, Abbott, MAGA, the now typical conservative Christian, has become the prime example of what was meant when Jesus said that "They draw near to me with their lips (see Abbott's pretentious tweets on twitter), but their hearts are far from me."

Edited by FartingDreamer
  • Rage+1 1

It's really something, watching Abbott busing immigrants up northeast, at least partially in the name of not wanting them to put a strain on Texas budgets, resources, etc .... while at the same time propping up private enterprises with massive subsidies like the Major Events Reimbursement Program . The biggest beneficiary of that program, by far, is COTA, which has pulled over $300,000,000 from the trough so far, and will exceed $500,000,000 by 2026. The place literally wouldn't even exist without that fund, and would close its gates almost immediately should that funding get pulled ... which of course explains why COTA lies their asses off about attendance and economic impact to anyone who'll listen.

• Rage+1 4

19 hours ago, tchookem said:

There only thing more broken than his back is his soul. Some might try to downplay telling the refugees that the inn was full on Christmas...

Abbott decides to brag about it

And Texans vote by the millions for people like Abbott and Paxton without dilemma. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Do they even know about this -- that is, is Fox News ignoring this or are they bragging about it? 

My mom had no idea about Paxton's transgender list gathering, and questioned whether that was made up... because obviously Fox etc. isn't going to showcase that shit 

I was actually quite surprised it didn't get more attention, it went almost entirely under the radar.

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, troph said:

I was actually quite surprised it didn't get more attention, it went almost entirely under the radar.

Typical. Meanwhile a dem somewhere uses the wrong fork and it's all we hear about for days. "Senator Cruz thinks generic lib should resign over Forkgate. Polls are about even. What do you think?". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

As I have said elsewhere: the goal for Abbott, MAGA, and the GQP is a violent, fascist, evangelical theocracy. This has been the goal since Reagan and Falwell laid the foundations in the 1980s. Everything else is a smoke screen, always has been.

The aim is overturn godless secularism: to create an America ruled by the sacred scrolls. 

It's happening right before our eyes in the Lone State State and America, experiencing a massive, long-term intellectual collapse among 40-45% (or more) of the citizens/voters. We see the outright celebration of lies, idiocy, conspiracy, and anti-science on epic scales, a culture going backward by decades and centuries.

Hell, we are still watching these no-mask, no vaxx idiots enable a medieval-style mass death via Covid. Just look at Abbott, Paxton, Cruz, and their legions of hateful, ignorant fans/voters. Apparently, most Texas voters are okay with fascism and mass death (92,000 Texans dead from Covid). Their votes show that. 

Beto never had a chance against Abbott. The elephant in the room is not mere "extremism," it is fascism and theocracy, at least according to any dictionary not tossed out of the library of a Texas high school. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

What's funny to me is that these rude chunks of fuck claim they want to be president and step one is a giant middle finger to particular states and their corresponding government agencies. The chaos introduced isn't just toward "liberals" or "the left." I doubt there's a huge predominance of leftists in the ICE programs just because they're in D.C. I guess they don't want to represent every state. Nah, fuck some of the states. At a minimum maybe coordinate with these other states with something that resembles an adult version governing. But no. "Fuck you" is the entire point. There are children on a playground right now with a more informed instinct of grace and competency. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Lol. Wood is leaking from the F1/Cota Sucks threads!

frasing...

3 minutes ago, Chooky said:

What's funny to me is that these rude chunks of fuck claim they want to be president and step one is a giant middle finger to particular states and their corresponding government agencies. The chaos introduced isn't just toward "liberals" or "the left." I doubt there's a huge predominance of leftists in the ICE programs just because they're in D.C. I guess they don't want to represent every state. Nah, fuck some of the states. At a minimum maybe coordinate with these other states with something that resembles an adult version governing. But no. "Fuck you" is the entire point. There are children on a playground right now with a more informed instinct of grace and competency. 

Rude Chunks of Fuck is the absolute best band we've never heard...

• Drool 1

3 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

COTA obsession noted

3 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Lol. Wood is leaking from the F1/Cota Sucks threads!

Yep, but it's Abbott being Abbott, so it fits here, and maybe some here will sit up and take an interest in it. But we'll see.

The Comptroller used to control the MERP, but a few years ago Abbott moved it under the supervision of the Governor's Office under the guise of trying to 'clean it up', lol. Not too many people seem to care about the abuse of this subsidy, even though Perry's incentive subsidy scams for far less money were a huge scandal.

Seems like most people are either completely unaware of what's going on or like the racing and are perfectly willing to look the other way when COTA scams hundreds of million$ from the State, through Abbott, with little to no accountability or checks and balances. When it comes to actual attendance and economic impact numbers, the Governor's office literally takes the word of the event or venue that's applying for the subsidy. What could go wrong? Surely the applicants will be honest and forthright, right and not exaggerate egregiously, right? So ... independent verification? Open books? Nah, we don't need none of that. 

Can we please dispense with notion that Christianity (or perhaps any other brand of religion, but that is another topic) is all about peace, love, and charity? 

That’s a huge, counterfactual myth perpetrated by propagandists, from the Pope to local preachers. Christianity might be about peace and love, but only after they have colonized, conquered, and converted everyone in sight, usually after a bloodbath. 

Just look at the factual, empirical, historical record of North, Central, and South America since 1492: genocides and ethnic cleansing were perpetrated on the Indigenous peoples by the Christian (and capitalist) conquerors to get total control of all the lands and surviving people who converted to stay alive. Peace, love, and charity comes only after the Other has been been conquered, only after the bloodbath, not before. 

After its founding, God-fearing Texas was the site of a massive ethnic cleansing program to steal the lands from Native Americans. So, in the long-term view, Abbott's hateful behavior is the norm, not the exception. 

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1