Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

lulz

There is a TexAgs connection. The fella with the mic in the bottom right is this guy (LegalDrugPusher). He is or was the head of the CCR up there. I expect an alpha male conservative to iron the shirt if it isn't going to be tucked in, but I'm picky like that. He posted a few pics from the meet and greet at the link.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3218825/1

4 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

There is a TexAgs connection. The fella with the mic in the bottom right is this guy (LegalDrugPusher). He is or was the head of the CCR up there. I expect an alpha male conservative to iron the shirt if it isn't going to be tucked in, but I'm picky like that. He posted a few pics from the meet and greet at the link.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3218825/1

This guy is the Trump of Texas. A self made millionaire in the real estate developer. 

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

• Haha 2

I would just like to point out that Huffines wants to eliminate property taxes. Of course a real estate developer wants to eliminate property taxes. His base rallies behind it because they view property taxes as the government claiming ownership over the land, but they don't stop to think that a real estate developer is advocating for the elimination of what is essentially his biggest uncontrolled cost in his business, and for any raw, undeveloped land he owns, it would be his only cost to hold it. Doesn't matter if it has to be replaced with a substantial income tax because he's rich and can dodge that. Eliminating property taxes would make him way more rich than he already is.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 3

5 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

This guy is the Trump of Texas. A self made millionaire in the real estate developer. He doesn't need this job but he is tired of being lied to. Abbott is a joke. Huffines will never **** our economy down, no masks ever. Vaccinations are a choice. He hasnt taken the jab himself. 

all those dumb fucks will be dead by the primary 

7 hours ago, Eastwood said:

I would just like to point out that Huffines wants to eliminate property taxes. Of course a real estate developer wants to eliminate property taxes. His base rallies behind it because they view property taxes as the government claiming ownership over the land, but they don't stop to think that a real estate developer is advocating for the elimination of what is essentially his biggest uncontrolled cost in his business, and for any raw, undeveloped land he owns, it would be his only cost to hold it. Doesn't matter if it has to be replaced with a substantial income tax because he's rich and can dodge that. Eliminating property taxes would make him way more rich than he already is.

they are also too stupid to realize that a sales tax increase would fuck them over, since other than maybe a shack in the woods, they probably don't own much property.

If West is telling the truth and the receipt he produced is real and there was no alcohol, I really want there to be this very public battle happen between the half of him that #ALWAYSBACKSTHEBLUE and the part of him that may realize that his wife could have been profiled/whatever for being black.

He needs to think long and hard about all of this, and how his 3 month-old grandchild ended up in the custody of the police, because his wife was arrested.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If West is telling the truth and the receipt he produced is real and there was no alcohol, I really want there to be this very public battle happen between the half of him that #ALWAYSBACKSTHEBLUE and the part of him that may realize that his wife could have been profiled/whatever for being black.

He needs to think long and hard about all of this, and how his 3 month-old grandchild ended up in the custody of the police, because his wife was arrested.

The justification for separation of families at the border is that the parents broke the law crossing. If West had any consistency he’d be asking to “lose” all of the info so that his grandson never sees their family again. That’s what happens to brown people and they weren’t endangering themselves or others. Fuck him

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

On 8/20/2021 at 6:18 PM, Hefeweizen said:

I am pretty sure it was established the assault was by a female.  One from a kunt of karens.  And living in Eanes they are everywhere.  Driving their LR or the Mercedes gangster wagon.  Every once in a while a poor will drive a burban.  

But yeah so typical of Eanes to roll up in the fetal position when something bad happens on campus.  Their default mode is deflect and ignore, or failing that appoint someone to do some DEI work.  

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/08/20/mask-texas-eanes-isd/

On 8/22/2021 at 12:33 PM, atomheartbevo said:

On 8/22/2021 at 12:36 PM, atomheartbevo said:

if the police pull you over after dark, you're going to jail. period.

that said, yes, @atomheartbevo, absolutely. i'm a middle aged white dude (surly wheelhouse), and i constantly wonder about the internal conflicts black republicans must have. he, allen west, yeah, this is what everyone has been talking about. sorry your wife got profiled. how is being a republican working out for your black self?

On 8/22/2021 at 12:36 PM, atomheartbevo said:

West probably overlooked that the receipt read "Mike's Hard Lemonade."

• Like 2

On 8/21/2021 at 12:58 PM, hornmpa96 said:

The most interesting thing in that Texags link is the claim that Huffines isn’t vaccinated.

That's one of the purity tests for gubernatorial candidates on TexAgs.  Their ideal candidate would be riddled with polio, rubella, hib, tetanus and measles.  They aren't at all concerned with the bad optics of not being alive.  At least they wouldn't have a pussy for governor. 

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

if the police pull you over after dark, you're going to jail. period.

that said, yes, @atomheartbevo, absolutely. i'm a middle aged white dude (surly wheelhouse), and i constantly wonder about the internal conflicts black republicans must have. he, allen west, yeah, this is what everyone has been talking about. sorry your wife got profiled. how is being a republican working out for your black self?

This is exactly what people have been talking about.  He and his daughter are publicly stating that they #BackTheBlue (see below), but what he fails to realize is that we have bad cops specifically because of #BackTheBlue.

He throws out a blanket #BackTheBlue comment, but he tries to single out a single police officer, while failing to understand that #BackTheBlue is applied to all cops.

The very same mentality that allows him to throw out a blanket #BackTheBlue comment is the very same mentality that means DPD and the union(s) will close ranks around the officer he is raging about, and the officer will probably keep his job.

He should be pushing a #BackTheGoodCops movement.

Spoiler

• Like 1

I also have no doubt that his wife name-dropped him.  Not saying anything about her character, but she had her 3 month-old grandson with her, and she's brown, and there's no way in hell she wasn't thinking about how this could go sideways, and so I think she would have been doing everything she could to keep from getting arrested and having to leave her grandson.  Hell, she was probably nervous taking the field test precisely because of that.

But yeah, he really doesn't understand that his blanket support of cops enables them to circle the wagons around their own.

I actually look forward to this playing out publicly.  Should have started a thread about West.

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

This is exactly what people have been talking about.  He and his daughter are publicly stating that they #BackTheBlue (see below), but what he fails to realize is that we have bad cops specifically because of #BackTheBlue.

He throws out a blanket #BackTheBlue comment, but he tries to single out a single police officer, while failing to understand that #BackTheBlue is applied to all cops.

The very same mentality that allows him to throw out a blanket #BackTheBlue comment is the very same mentality that means DPD and the union(s) will close ranks around the officer he is raging about, and the officer will probably keep his job.

He should be pushing a #BackTheGoodCops movement.

Reveal hidden contents

He knows exactly what he’s doing. He wants rules for thee not for me. He doesn’t care about how black people are treated by police because his grift depends on not caring. It only matters when it directly impact him and his just like everything else with every fucking Republican. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Huffines is raging against Abbott again about not fighting for freedom, while promising to do things that will surely strip some freedom from the locals.

I've completely lost track -- where are we ranked in the Freedom Rankings right now?  

• Haha 3

On 8/21/2021 at 3:34 PM, Eastwood said:

This would work really well for me since I own rental property in Texas but live out of state.  I would love nothing more than to see Texas property tax further regulated to some extent....but not if it involves electing this asshole.

• Hook 'Em 1