Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

53 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Nobody is smuggling weapons INTO Texas.  Nobody.  

Meanwhile, in reality, NY TImes The Daily has a piece on Mexico's lawsuit against US gunmakers for the guns that continue to flow unabated to the south.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/24/podcasts/the-daily/why-mexico-is-suing-us-gunmakers.html

• Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

The lady came to a stop in the middle lane? That’s not right. Especially with a toddler aboard.

It looks like she came to a stop because traffic was stopped ahead of her.  I'm not going all forensics on that video, though.

What does the blood draw show?

19 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

DWI footage of Allen West wife. Came to a full stop in the middle of a 3 lane road once the police lights came on around 1:30. Car was veering/drifting into the shoulder. She should just say she was texting.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised but the cop conducting the field sobriety test seems to have the intelligence of a coconut.

If Mrs. West were white, she never would've been arrested based on what I saw. Fuck her shitbag husband, though.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised but the cop conducting the field sobriety test seems to have the intelligence of a coconut.

If Mrs. West were white, she never would've been arrested based on what I saw. Fuck her shitbag husband, though.

Yeah, she seemed to stumble through that whole process.  I got the feeling she's really young or really new or both.  Nothing was smooth or confident with that officer.

3 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Abbott is focused on keeping Texans safe.  from Mexicans.

This is important, because in the past year and a half, over 54,000 Texans were killed by dirty illegals.

Wait....what's that?  I have that wrong?  Those 54,000 Texans were actually killed by COVID, a virus, and about which Abbott and the GQP are fighting tooth and nail to prevent [checks notes] any preventative measures from being required, anywhere, by anyone?  That actually checks out, because this is the stupidest fucking timeline.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

16 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

lol one of the replies said he would replace with state HOA fees. Funny to me cause I have only recently experienced the HOA hellhole and it sucks, not my worst decision but pretty bad

If you look into the history of why we have HOAs in some area, it's pretty clear that they are bad ideas.

And at the end of the day, regardless of whether your lawn height and the color of your mailbox passes inspection with the neighbors, your property value is ultimately based on where you live.

• Hook 'Em 2

Big shocker. Angela West wasn’t intoxicated and the turrible DPD policewoman royally fucked up. At least she didn’t shoot West. Guess that’s a win.

ee78a54877fa0736da668cedc749b639.jpg

But, in the cop’s defense, Angela is black, a s got a little mouthy. I Back the Blue, so that’s enough for me!

Isn’t that how this goes?
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

But, in the cop’s defense, Angela is black, a s got a little mouthy. I Back the Blue, so that’s enough for me!

If the black wasnt out at night not cooperating with the police the cops would have never been in that situation. Wait

22 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Allen West deserves to have his wife racially profiled because he’s an idiot who has only joined racist profiling Republican Party for the grift and that’s what guys like that deserve. Maybe he should rethink the party he supports but he won’t because of the grift.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Allen West deserves to have his wife racially profiled because he’s an idiot who has only joined racist profiling Republican Party for the grift and that’s what guys like that deserve. Maybe he should rethink the party he supports but he won’t because of the grift.

40 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Allen West backs the blue until his own (black) wife gets shit on, then he still backs the blue, just not this one officer, who was nothing but a bad apple, I'm sure.

Allen West is basically running against Don Huffines to see who will come in second.  Now there is the chance that one or both will go third-party/MAGA to keep the donations coming in after the R primary, but just talking about the run-up to the primary...

Huffines is out there stomping his feet and yelling about "law and order" and "Abbott is weak on law and order", and Huffines is also pushing for property taxes to be dropped.

Huffines is going to get the police/law-and-order vote, the anti-mask vote, and the anti-property tax vote, and he's going to get a shitload of folks who see a photos of West and Huffines and decide they like Huffines better.

If West were smart, he'd take a few days and think long and hard about whether he wants to sink further into obscurity when he gets beat out for second place by a fucking Mogwai that was fed after midnight.

Or West could lean into the fact that he's black, and that this happened to his wife, and he could work to pull in African-Americans, both (R) and otherwise, and then make himself important to the GOP in Texas (going forward, anybody who can pull in minorities will be important to the GOP).  He burned a lot of bridges with his stunt(s) while head of the TRP, but he could still jump into a state legislative seat, or hell a Congressional district if redistricting played out just right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Allen West is basically running against Don Huffines to see who will come in second.  Now there is the chance that one or both will go third-party/MAGA to keep the donations coming in after the R primary, but just talking about the run-up to the primary...
Huffines is out there stomping his feet and yelling about "law and order" and "Abbott is weak on law and order", and Huffines is also pushing for property taxes to be dropped.
Huffines is going to get the police/law-and-order vote, the anti-mask vote, and the anti-property tax vote, and he's going to get a shitload of folks who see a photos of West and Huffines and decide they like Huffines better.
If West were smart, he'd take a few days and think long and hard about whether he wants to sink further into obscurity when he gets beat out for second place by a fucking Mogwai that was fed after midnight.
Or West could lean into the fact that he's black, and that this happened to his wife, and he could work to pull in African-Americans, both and otherwise, and then make himself important to the GOP in Texas (going forward, anybody who can pull in minorities will be important to the GOP).  He burned a lot of bridges with his stunt(s) while head of the TRP, but he could still jump into a state legislative seat, or hell a Congressional district if redistricting played out just right.

You seem to have overlooked that West is black. Therefore he will not appeal to the base to which he has pandered.

24 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Or West could lean into the fact that he's black, and that this happened to his wife, and he could work to pull in African-Americans, both (R) and otherwise, and then make himself important to the GOP in Texas (going forward, anybody who can pull in minorities will be important to the GOP).

Goodfellas GIF

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Goodfellas GIF

Laugh all you want, but it's the only way West is going to stay relevant.  He lost his House seat in Florida, lost the TRP chairmanship here in Texas (forced out or resigned, doesn't matter).

So he's coming out of the two largest Republican-held states with L's, which is not a good look.  

Dude is going to have to find something to salvage, because changing states won't work, and his daughter and SIL work in the Dallas area, and it sounds like Grandma West doesn't want to be away from the grandson.

Right now, his ceiling is a seat in the Texas legislature.  Shit, Fitlump is liable to pass him up.

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Laugh all you want, but it's the only way West is going to stay relevant.  He lost his House seat in Florida, lost the TRP chairmanship here in Texas (forced out or resigned, doesn't matter).

So he's coming out of the two largest Republican-held states with L's, which is not a good look.  

Dude is going to have to find something to salvage, because changing states won't work, and his daughter and SIL work in the Dallas area, and it sounds like Grandma West doesn't want to be away from the grandson.

Right now, his ceiling is a seat in the Texas legislature.  Shit, Fitlump is liable to pass him up.

There’s a whole lot of stupid between Texas and Florida where he can find a new state Republican Party to grift 

• Like 1

Of course he is, and he'll name only the Pfizer vaccine specifically.  Because that will give him the ability to also hold a major press conference announcing the ban on a Moderna vaccine in a few weeks.  And then he can fully ban Johnson and Johnson vaccine mandates in October.  And then any other off-label mandates.  And then booster mandates.  And then he can announce that release all the natural gas in Texas at once and flare us all  into God's Kingdom!  WE RIDE! 

12 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Rumor Abbot is going to come out with new executive order banning Covid vaccine mandates, even for fully approved ones. 

You know, because he's a piece of shit. 

Would not be surprised, but it would be pretty fucking dumb to pull this shit just as a bunch of families are having their kids sent home for quarantine or because they got it or whatever.  However, I think the schools/counties telling him to fuck off is probably driving this.

He has to be embarrassed as shit that he got COVID, and then people mocked him for getting the therapeutics. 

But he's even more embarrassed that his mask stuff got shot down and a shit-ton of school districts and counties very publicly told him to fuck off.

• Hook 'Em 1

He's going to be even more embarrassed when a bunch of companies tell him to fuck off and have vaccine mandates anyway.  He's making himself look weak and every new order that gets ignored just makes it worse.

Edited by kevwun

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Would not be surprised, but it would be pretty fucking dumb to pull this shit just as a bunch of families are having their kids sent home for quarantine or because they got it or whatever.  However, I think the schools/counties telling him to fuck off is probably driving this.

But you are forgetting one simple rule -- the dumber something is, the more it owns the libs.  And the second part is the sole policy calculus left in this state.  We may well get an executive order requiring everyone to eat their own shit daily, because that would totally own the libs.  That's it.  Stop thinking any further than that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

He has to be embarrassed as shit that he got COVID, and then people mocked him for getting the therapeutics. 
But he's even more embarrassed that his mask stuff got shot down and a shit-ton of school districts and counties very publicly told him to fuck off.

You are operating under a very bold assumption that he has any empathy, shame or moral compass.
  • Hook 'Em 1

There was a question earlier whether his ban was legally enforceable or whether it exceeded the scope of his emergency powers to protect the public, right? The thin veil of justification I thought hinges on the emergency use authorization. TX courts are stacked with political nut jobs, but I can’t imagine a ban on FDA approved vaccine mandates that allow for ADA and religious accommodations would be enforceable. 

Not that reason has anything to do with this, but hospital systems in Alabama and Mississippi are failing. If things get worse in TX, can you imagine not only trying to ban FDA approved vaccine mandates but then losing that fight in court while Texans die because of rationed emergency and ICU care?

I know Brisket views TX GOP as an unshakable monolith, but that seems like a bad position going into an election 

There was a question earlier whether his ban was legally enforceable or whether it exceeded the scope of his emergency powers to protect the public, right? The thin veil of justification I thought hinges on the emergency use authorization. TX courts are stacked with political nut jobs, but I can’t imagine a ban on FDA approved vaccine mandates that allow for ADA and religious accommodations would be enforceable. 

Not that reason has anything to do with this, but hospital systems in Alabama and Mississippi are failing. If things get worse in TX, can you imagine not only trying to ban FDA approved vaccine mandates but then losing that fight in court while Texans die because of rationed emergency and ICU care?
I know Brisket views TX GOP as an unshakable monolith, but that seems like a bad position going into an election 

“Bad positions” are winning positions to a party built on cruelty and suffering as cause for celebration. Again, not much more complicated than that.
  • Hook 'Em 3