Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

16 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Meanwhile, a little reminder that his predecessor, Rick Perry, did the opposite by executive order--mandated that 11 and 12 year old girls receive the HPV vaccine if they were to enter the 6th grade.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1800969/

And didn’t all the conservatives pitch a fit because they didn’t think their 12 year old daughters needed it since they would stay virgins forever?

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Stalin actually led and would not let himself be pushed around by the crazies.  

Abbott does nothing but react.

He's the Peter Principle in action.

Abbott is Vegas Clark Griswald to his Base's Pick A Number Between 1 And 10 Dealer trying to carefully suss out his next play before blurting out "3/No Covid Tests For Game Attendees" to his Dealer/Base's "Potato/Mandatory Pre-K Replacement Theory".

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

And didn’t all the conservatives pitch a fit because they didn’t think their 12 year old daughters needed it since they would stay virgins forever?

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

They did indeed.

So you're saying Pfizer should make a huge donation to Abbott's campaign? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

So does this order establish a precedent for the antivaxers to argue that they can no longer be required to receive ANY vaccines? Polio, mumps, measles, hpv…etc.

Because that crowd will definitely try to expand the “personal choice” rationale to challenge other vax requirements.

• Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, Player said:

So does this order establish a precedent for the antivaxers to argue that they can no longer be required to receive ANY vaccines? Polio, mumps, measles, hpv…etc.

Because that crowd will definitely try to expand the “personal choice” rationale to challenge other vax requirements.

He put it on the special session call.  I would be utterly unsurprised if the Lege takes that opportunity to ban all requirements of any vaccine by anyone.

Because remember, it always gets worse and there is no bottom.

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It's pretty much beyond debate at this point.  We're Mississippi with oil and mexican food.  How pathetic.

I had one of the best Mexican food meals I’ve ever had in Laurel, MS when I was going there for work a lot. Might just be the oil. 

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

I had one of the best Mexican food meals I’ve ever had in Laurel, MS when I was going there for work a lot. Might just be the oil. 

i-dont-believe-you-lies.gif

You were in Mississippi.  On purpose.  So I therefore can only assume you were drunk.  And your drunken opinions have no merit.

• Haha 4

He put it on the special session call.  I would be utterly unsurprised if the Lege takes that opportunity to ban all requirements of any vaccine by anyone.
Because remember, it always gets worse and there is no bottom.

Well sunovabitch…here I was imagining the mental gymnastics that our SCOT jurists would perform to defend this executive order against efforts to challenge other vaccines. I had not considered our lege getting involved to do something even more absurd.

Any way to invoke federal jx to try to restore some sanity?

28 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I had one of the best Cajun meals ever in Norton, Kansas.

Some of the best Thai food I ever has was at a place in cracker ass cracker Carmel, Indiana. I also had some really good Mexican food in Canton, Ohio.

The logic of this executive order dictates that local municipalities should no longer be able to enforce ordinances that place a ban on indoor smoking. Pretty soon when you go to a restaurant greeters are going to be asking you "Vaccine or no vaccine?" and good luck when entering into a bar or indoor music venue.

By nature, I'm not a violent man, but...

I probably shouldn't complete that thought.

I was planning on smoking a 12 pound brisket on Saturday but I had a last minute recording session and had to leave town, my wife messed up the recipe but it turned out great, here is what happened:
I brined the 12 pound brisket starting Friday night then left town.
My wife on Saturday night forgot what I told her and took the brisket out of the brine and rinsed it, she then rubbed it with a mixture of ground chipotle pepper, black pepper, chili powder, sugar, cumin and cilantro, she then cut it in two (don’t ask why) and put each piece in a large freezer bag, put half a bottle of liquid smoke in each bag and put them back in the fridge, on Sunday night she put both pieces into a large metal turkey roasting pan then covered them with a mixture of Stubbs and cattleman’s BBQ sauce, she cooked it at 225 for 5 hours. I was pissed with I got home and while I was yelling about her screwing up my brisket she shoves a piece of the brisket in my mouth, I almost popped a boner, it was the best fucking brisket I have ever tasted outside of a restaurant. My wife is giving me the biggest shit eating grin along with a told you so look.
I needed that.

simpler times man

7 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

7 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

So you're saying Pfizer should make a huge donation to Abbott's campaign? 

I could be wrong, it's been quite a few years, but if I recall, Merck had hired Perry's former chief-of-staff to lobby the legislature, hired the mother of the either the current chief-of-staff at the time or Toomey or whoever, gave money to Perry's campaign (a small amount), gave a shit-ton of money to the Republican Governor's Association (which backed Perry with a shit-ton of money, oh and he was the chairman of the RGA), and did some other crazy shit.

And speaking of crazy shit, it was Michelle Bachmann who was calling Perry out during one of the Presidential debates.

I could be wrong, it's been over a decade, but it was fucking hilarious/sad/banana republicky.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I could be wrong, it's been quite a few years, but if I recall, Merck had hired Perry's former chief-of-staff to lobby the legislature, hired the mother of the either the current chief-of-staff at the time or Toomey or whoever, gave money to Perry's campaign (a small amount), gave a shit-ton of money to the Republican Governor's Association (which backed Perry with a shit-ton of money, oh and he was the chairman of the RGA), and did some other crazy shit.

And speaking of crazy shit, it was Michelle Bachmann who was calling Perry out during one of the Presidential debates.

I could be wrong, it's been over a decade, but it was fucking hilarious/sad/banana republicky.

I always thought that the HPV vax issue was Perry’s one genuinely brave and even admirable political moment. 

• Haha 2