Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

23 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't recall ever being explicitly told that soldiers don't have the same rights as civilians, but that's always been my general impression.  Take vaccines -- it makes complete sense that it runs counter to the greater good to have a bunch of unvaccinated guys in the same barracks and foxholes as those who are vaccinated.  I don't see "choice" as coming into play.  You signed up (or got drafted), you lost your right to make that choice.

Am I far off?

Nope.  They just prosecuted a Marine officers with around 20 years service for fucking around and criticizing his superiors and the civilian leadership.

They do all of the vaccines/etc. because not only are you going to be in close quarters with a bunch of other people, but you are going to be doing things like living in primitive conditions and shitting in slit trenches you dig in the ground and the like, and you could be doing this stuff in a third-world country where vaccines for the civilian population are few and far between.

Once you are out of basic/etc. training and are in your regular unit, you leave when your contract is up unless you do something spectacularly stupid, get in trouble, or get a medical discharge.

Edited by atomheartbevo

14 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

so does it come with a dishonorable discharge?

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, I would think that would end with a Dishonorable Discharge.  But maybe they don't want to issue that many in such a short period of time.  Maybe some new blanket term for medical leave?

Normally you do your time, you finish your contract, you get an Honorable Discharge.  Somebody said these guys were getting a General Discharge Under Honorable Conditions, which is right under an Honorable Discharge and probably contains stuff like family hardships and other stuff where the person should be out of the service, but they didn't finish their time, but it's not a dishonorable reason for leaving.

These guys getting a General Discharge Under Honorable Conditions would be bullshit.

I would like for the anti-COVID vaccine guys to get an Other Than Honorable Discharge.  Anything lower requires legal action against them, but I would like them to explain "Other Than Honorable" to an employer.

A Dishonorable Discharge would require legal procedures of some kind, and this just sounds like they are kicking them out if they refuse.

• Hook 'Em 1

The only thing I have found is "administrative discharges" which sounds like General Discharge.  I don't know, I got an Honorable and never thought about it.  But I remember a friend fucked around and got an Other Than Honorable - he didn't get a court-martial, but it still dinged him.

Found this on the number of shots:

Military personnel serving in the United States had already been requiredto receive 12 vaccines, including those for measles, polio, anthrax, chickenpox and flu, in order to serve. Service members assigned overseas were required to receive up to five others, like those for yellow fever or encephalitis, depending on which global region they are assigned to.

And found this:

While the Army announced Thursday that nearly 98% of its 478,000 active-duty soldiers had been vaccinated, that means close to 10,000 soldiers are not.

The Army said 3,864 soldiers have refused the vaccine outright while an additional 6,263 are awaiting the processing of their requests for an exemption.

Nearly 10,000 soldiers out of 478,000 sounds like the right amount of soldiers who have decided they want out early.

AHAHAHAH, still love the Army.

Unlike the other services, the Army has decided that it will not discharge soldiers who refuse to be vaccinated. Instead, they will be "flagged," cannot be promoted and will have to leave the Army when their enlistment contracts expire.

Flagged soldiers who have refused to get the vaccine will have to submit to regular COVID testing, Lt. Col. Terence Kelley, an Army spokesman told ABC News.

A soldier reporting daily to the same job location will be tested weekly, while those who are teleworking and have to visit their job location will be tested within 72 hours of the meeting or job activity, Kelley said.

Glad to see they aren't booting them out right away.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, I would think that would end with a Dishonorable Discharge.  But maybe they don't want to issue that many in such a short period of time.  Maybe some new blanket term for medical leave?

Speaking of Abbott.  I got a +1 for Abbott on January 9th if any of you fuckers wanna come with me.  It's in Lockhart at Smitty's BBQ with beer.  So yeah, I'm going for that reason alone.  Plus, I wanna hear what he has to say about the one year anniversary of the Insurrection.  If you drive, I'll promise to get hammered enough to ask him about it with no filter.  And no, I didn't donate to him.  My cousin sent me two comped tickets.  I love Smitty's but not really worth the drive.  But I saw the date and thought, "incredibly topical time to hear from him given 1/6 to 1/9"

This is so fucking tempting.  It would just be seinfeld quotes and abbot bashing the whole ride.

On 12/2/2021 at 9:15 PM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

We get further and further down the rabbit hole.  Shouldn't private social media companies be able to ban anybody they want to for any reason they see fit? 

Most folks are glad ISIS propaganda is filtered from most social media. Twitter admits they can’t filter white supremacist (including Nazi) propaganda without GOP politicians being caught in that net.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/twitter-algorithm-crackdown-white-supremacy-gop-politicians-report-2019-4%3famp

On 12/18/2021 at 7:56 PM, Willfully Horn said:

Most folks are glad ISIS propaganda is filtered from most social media. Twitter admits they can’t filter white supremacist (including Nazi) propaganda without GOP politicians being caught in that net.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/twitter-algorithm-crackdown-white-supremacy-gop-politicians-report-2019-4%3famp

Of Course GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

The fucking military can literally order you to die: “hold this position as long as you can.”

You signed up for something where you can be ordered to die. Get the shot, or get prosecuted under the UCMJ.

So if I have a religious objection to dying, I could have waltzed out of the military if a war had happened while I was in?

On 12/16/2021 at 5:32 PM, atomheartbevo said:

The only thing I have found is "administrative discharges" which sounds like General Discharge.  I don't know, I got an Honorable and never thought about it.  But I remember a friend fucked around and got an Other Than Honorable - he didn't get a court-martial, but it still dinged him.

Found this on the number of shots:

And found this:

Nearly 10,000 soldiers out of 478,000 sounds like the right amount of soldiers who have decided they want out early.

And that yellow fever vaccine is no joke.  Unlike all the rest, it is a live-virus vaccine.

People who have "done my own research" and took a yellow fever vaccine but won't take a Covid shot are fucking morons.

15 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

The fucking military can literally order you to die: “hold this position as long as you can.”

You signed up for something where you can be ordered to die. Get the shot, or get prosecuted under the UCMJ.

Hell of a gig just to get enrolled in the government's primary job program. 

Damn, that was a tough read on Christmas.  Thanks for posting though, very enlightening.  

The article discussed Allen West, but really this is about Huffines.  

The continuity string between the 4 suicides is that they were all hastily thrown into this deployment without time to get things settled for work/family/school.  Abbott threw this thing together in a matter of days without thinking it through because Huffines was calling him out on social media.  This half-assed, chaotic effort was reflected in senior command, then junior officers, then NCO's, then the grunts.  

42 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Damn, that was a tough read on Christmas.  Thanks for posting though, very enlightening.  

The article discussed Allen West, but really this is about Huffines.  

The continuity string between the 4 suicides is that they were all hastily thrown into this deployment without time to get things settled for work/family/school.  Abbott threw this thing together in a matter of days without thinking it through because Huffines was calling him out on social media.  This half-assed, chaotic effort was reflected in senior command, then junior officers, then NCO's, then the grunts.  

And the report says the guard is not doing a gotdam thing on this hasty, political, deployment.

Edited by Willfully Horn
Spelling

https://www.kxan.com/news/coronavirus/texas-antibody-infusion-centers-run-out-of-treatment-shown-to-fight-omicron/

Texas Department of Health and Human Services:

DSHS said the centers in Austin, El Paso, Fort Worth, San Antonio and The Woodlands have depleted their supplies of the monoclonal antibody called sotrovimab, because of a “national shortage from the federal government.

Abbott:

Maybe Biden saw that our governor was actively trying to sabotage our state by banning mask mandates and vaccine mandates and figured we didn’t need any outside support.  
Or maybe Biden is actively trying to kill off a bunch of Texans for political reasons (the same way kishner scrapped their plan at the start of the pandemic when New York was a shit show)

But much more likely abbot is full of shit and not being truthful.

Abbott wouldn't have looked quite so stupid in that tweet if he didn't have not one, not two, but three opportunities to stop and think, "Okay, can people really cross into Texas from South AFRICA or South AMERICA."???

1 hour ago, WBT said:

Y'all must have missed the news about all the Haitians at the border recently?  Maybe try extrapolating from that?

you're right, brandon sending them all back and there not being a surge of haitians anymore didn't get much run

• Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

I always assumed that Abbott was the kind of racist that assumed black folks couldn’t swim at all. 

Yes, but what these Abbott allegations presuppose is...what if the illegal immigrants from South Africa were white?  Like the young man, Ubuntu Goode who now lives in Greenville, TX.  

Simply because almost every German is fully vacc'd and boosted.  

Most people admitted to the hospital for variety of reasons have had the polio vaccine, so we must stop the polio vaccine.  

Cases still matter. But the only metrics in heavily vacc'd nations going going forward, worth a shit, will be ICU admissions and deaths.  

Godspeed everyone.  See you in 2022.  

Edited by Lobo

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Simply because almost every German is fully vacc'd and boosted.  

Most people admitted to the hospital for variety of reasons have had the polio vaccine, so we must stop the polio vaccine.  

Cases still matter. But the only metrics in heavily vacc'd nations going going forward, worth a shit, will be ICU admissions and deaths.  

Godspeed everyone.  See you in 2022.  

When I took the screenshot, I should've omitted the bit from Disclose, it's often used by people in the way that Huffines does as you illustrate by pointing out the truth behind the statistics. However, if Huffines is not vaccinated, then he should be wary around all the meet and greets he's got planned. Or not. FAAFO.

And in related news, all requested federal medical personnel have inexplicably been sent to the Southern Border.  

I don't care anymore, I'm making this a great year for me and my family.  But the rest of Texas may be fucked.  

21 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

However, if Huffines is not vaccinated, then he should be wary around all the meet and greets he's got planned. Or not. FAAFO.

Looking at all of the events he has been attending over the past several months, there is no way he either hasn't had it recently, or wasn't vaccinated.  

16 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Looking at all of the events he has been attending over the past several months, there is no way he either hasn't had it recently, or wasn't vaccinated.  

He says he is not vaccinated, but I don't recall if he's ever stated that he has been COVID positive. Hard to believe he wouldn't have had it, but he would have had access to the antibody treatment given his age and economic status.

Well, would you vote for a man named Unvaccinated Huffines?  

He looks like he should be wearing baby pajamas.

"What kind of jammies, sir?"

I dunno, with little yodas on 'em and shit! 

6 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

He says he is not vaccinated, but I don't recall if he's ever stated that he has been COVID positive. Hard to believe he wouldn't have had it, but he would have had access to the antibody treatment given his age and economic status.

I keep thinking that if he had been positive, he'd make damn sure that everybody A) Knew he had it and B) That it was nothing more than the flu and C) Natural immunity is better than any vaccine.