Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

Dammit Greg, I'll bite.  What the fuck does "report on any trans kids you see" mean exactly?  

Some 16 year old boy wearing makeup on stage? 

Some 17 year old girl drives to school in a Subaru?  

I assume we're only a semester away from genital lineups before gym class?  

Just now, Lobo said:

Dammit Greg, I'll bite.  What the fuck does "report on any trans kids you see" mean exactly?  

Some 16 year old boy wearing makeup on stage? 

Some 17 year old girl drives to school in a Subaru?  

I assume we're only a semester away from genital lineups before gym class?  

-f8b44cdce3f3619b.jpg

• Rage+1 2
  • Drool 1

Very heartening to know that the State of Texas considers me to be a child abuser. I already know they consider me to be subhuman, but this is a real cherry on top.

I get to feel more and more like a member of the X-Men, at least, which is cool. When will he sic sentinels on the queers of Texas?

Really wish I had the ability to move my life to a different state. Such is life. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 5

No shit.  Can Austin, San Antonio and El Paso go ahead and form East New Mexico or something?  I'm tired of being associated with East Texas and the DFW burbs.

I’ve always said this. Travis, Harris, El Paso, Bexar, and Dallas counties should secede. Leave the shit heels with the shithole counties and an economy to match. I’d allow Hays to join just for the Tx State coeds.

1 minute ago, trauma babe said:

Very heartening to know that the State of Texas considers me to be a child abuser. I already know they consider me to be subhuman, but this is a real cherry on top.

I get to feel more and more like a member of the X-Men, at least, which is cool. When will he sic sentinels on the queers of Texas?

Really wish I had the ability to move my life to a different state. Such is life. 

or you can do as I am doing and sticking around and trying to make it better. Texas is way too good for the people who currently run it. it doesn't have to be like this, and it can change

• Hook 'Em 6

9 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Huffines is now going to one up him by calling for executing trans kids and their parents. What other path can he take?

5 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

you think he'll jump right over gulags?

This.  There's an order to these things.

If you don't see the rhetoric being spewed by the GQP on all this shit as textbook authoritarian fascist bullshit, then you've never read a textbook.

our longterm plan was always to move back to texas, probably austin, if and when we ever started a family.  over the past few years we have discussed how that just doesn't seem like a desirable option anymore.  she sees shit on her facebook or i have a text conversation with a buddy from dallas. 

either texas has changed or we have.  maybe a bit of both.

and for all the stories of californians invading texas - realize that won't help the state turn blue.  there's a reason some folks here are leaving, and it's not because they are "center-left and sick of all the radical left politics."  i'll stay here and enjoy my hellhole.

• Hook 'Em 5

man, fuck this state 😒

i mean, there's really not much more to say. every single ounce pride in our genuinely unique history and renegade spirit has been pissed away. the sec move and this past fb season literally killed the one small glimmer of enjoyment i still had. sigh. Colorado here i come...💔

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

So do we get to sue the parents or what like with the abortion bounty? I could use $10k here and there to help out.

Hell, get enough of these schemes and I don't have to work a 9-to-5 anymore, just hunt down people and watch that sweet bounty money roll in.

Let's get one going for library books too. I'll just put a picture of a weiner in there and then say I found it on the shelf like that. Easyyyyyy money.

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

10 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Hell, get enough of these schemes and I don't have to work a 9-to-5 anymore, just hunt down people and watch that sweet bounty money roll in.

what was once thought of as illegal is now not only tolerated, it's rewarded.

may have to rewrite the stalker statutes but it'll be well worth it.

59 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

or you can do as I am doing and sticking around and trying to make it better. Texas is way too good for the people who currently run it. it doesn't have to be like this, and it can change

I love Texas. Unfortunately, the problem with Texas is it's full of Texans

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

our longterm plan was always to move back to texas, probably austin, if and when we ever started a family.  over the past few years we have discussed how that just doesn't seem like a desirable option anymore.  she sees shit on her facebook or i have a text conversation with a buddy from dallas. 

either texas has changed or we have.  maybe a bit of both.

and for all the stories of californians invading texas - realize that won't help the state turn blue.  there's a reason some folks here are leaving, and it's not because they are "center-left and sick of all the radical left politics."  i'll stay here and enjoy my hellhole.

It's Texas. The state politics have gone hardcore authoritarian in the rightwing manner in the past 15 years. Watching from a distance, it's really amazing the GOP powergrab and how it's actually working better than they probably imagined. 

3 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

It's Texas. The state politics have gone hardcore authoritarian in the rightwing manner in the past 15 years. Watching from a distance, it's really amazing the GOP powergrab and how it's actually working better than they probably imagined. 

yeah, it's interesting to me how everything shakes out in the world of politics vs perception.

biden won california by 5mm votes.  trump won texas by 500k votes.  over the years, texas seems to be trending more and more blue, and the big cities are already tilted that direction.  so one would think it's a reasonably even split and a purple state.  except it isn't.  at all. 

because the republicans who are in charge are not center-right ghwb conservatives, they're right-wing wackos.  so it doesn't matter if the overall numbers are close when the decisions are made by nutjobs trying to turn the clock back a century or more.

there's no more middle and there's no more compromise.  shit, the middle isn't even the middle anymore because of how far the right has dragged things.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Satchel said:

Man, something bad is happening in this country.

On days like today it is really hard not to feel extremely depressed because this is really all that needs to be said. American conservatism as a whole has just become evil and there's no way to fix that.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

I fucking hate what this state has become and it's fucking embarrassing that UT has turned out people like Abbott and that little leprechaun that helped drive him even more to the right.

All of this shit needs to come out before the elections though.  People need to see exactly who these people are.

And to think this shit is being driven by Abbott's desire to beat out DeSantis in '24, and by Patrick's obsession with bathrooms.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, The Ace of Aces said:

It's accelerated over the past year.  Abbott really went hard-right when Huffines jumped into the race (which is still a head scratcher), but this is all about 2024 and beating out DeSantis for shittiest Republican trying to win that fucking Yankee Trump's approval.

It will never be un-dumbed, just a continuous spiral of shame and disgrace.  I never want to be uninformed but I often question why I bother keeping up with the accelerated degradation of my own state.  I have to take mental refuge by separating the internal, of which I can control, and the external, of which I can only hope to laugh.  These deranged cunts deserve to live in exactly what they're currently creating.  I'll navigate through their sewage waterpark the best I can, I guess.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

Fortune 500 companies will continue to move to and expand in Texas, because taxes or something. Thus, nothing will ever change. It's one thing to be an asshole conservative state. What's happening now is pure evil, companies need to put real pressure on the state to fix this shit or they'll leave, or major corporations looking to relocate need to say they will not consider Texas until they get this shit under control. I hate that Oklahoma can't grow because of this shit, but Texas has become such a juggernaut it seems to be immune from this hateful unAmerican bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

It's accelerated over the past year.  Abbott really went hard-right when Huffines jumped into the race (which is still a head scratcher), but this is all about 2024 and beating out DeSantis for shittiest Republican trying to win that fucking Yankee Trump's approval.

they've also rigged the rules of the game (courts, redistricting, voter suppression, etc) so that dark red minority rules, purple/blue majority can get fucked.

i mean, the game is pretty much over at this point. move somewhere pretty where you can legally get high. that's my recommendation lol.

• Hook 'Em 5

27 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

It’s a race to there is no bottom.

But, hope is a function of will, too. 

It doesn't matter.  The GQP has found a successful message (or dusted an old one off).   Remember McCarthyism, and there's a commie hiding behind every tree?  Well, they've amped it up -- now all Democrats are anti-american Commies who should be shot.  It's a stupid, false message....and it is working to perfection.

8 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Republicans want to (keep) building a border wall and have citizens report their friends and neighbors to the government for "crimes". 

Exactly which side lost the Cold War?

this-guy-gets-it-nick-offerman.gif