Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

27 minutes ago, troph said:

I love how idiots who don’t know one goddamned thing about the issue spout nonsense and harm families seeking professional help just to get the votes from others who don’t know one goddamned thing about the issue while both of them grab-ass and high five over the sanctity of the family and preach how parents not the government should raise kids.  It’s probably the most infuriating political nonsense I’ve ever seen in all of my life.

Literally, ignorance is seen as a virtue by half the country.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

is this person old enough to go die for our country abroad? would they be tried as an adult for committing a crime? are they an adult according to our laws nationwide?

my sons have plenty of trans friends or "they/them" friends, or whatever. some of it is real, some of it is what i like to call "trying on clothes," which is not meant to be denigrating in any way, but i think some of these kids are swept up in it. which is fine. some kids go goth. some kids say they are gay when they are not. some say they are transgender when they really are not. that's middle school. 

but there are enough kids for whom this is real that we need to take it seriously, not try to identify an outlier who was having identity issues. on some level we all have identity issues of varying degrees.

a little empathy goes a long way. my son and i play d&d with his cousin and her friends, one of whom is a "they/them." it doesn't matter to my son, and it doesn't matter to me. i'll call you late for dinner if you ask me. it's your identity, not mine.

i just don't get the hate. 

After reading the bolded, I regret to inform you that you just don't have what it takes to be a member of the Republican Party.  Better luck next time.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

is this person old enough to go die for our country abroad? would they be tried as an adult for committing a crime? are they an adult according to our laws nationwide?

my sons have plenty of trans friends or "they/them" friends, or whatever. some of it is real, some of it is what i like to call "trying on clothes," which is not meant to be denigrating in any way, but i think some of these kids are swept up in it. which is fine. some kids go goth. some kids say they are gay when they are not. some say they are transgender when they really are not. that's middle school. 

but there are enough kids for whom this is real that we need to take it seriously, not try to identify an outlier who was having identity issues. on some level we all have identity issues of varying degrees.

a little empathy goes a long way. my son and i play d&d with his cousin and her friends, one of whom is a "they/them." it doesn't matter to my son, and it doesn't matter to me. i'll call you late for dinner if you ask me. it's your identity, not mine.

i just don't get the hate. 

a lot of people are unhappy and so they look to makethemselves feel better by putting others down and they also want others to be as unhappy as they are.

• Hook 'Em 1

I'll move to this thread to followup since it's more topical:

@Johnny Sack can you share with me some of these instances of """child mutilation""" you were referring to in the DT trans athlete thread? You so confidently brought the talking point, I thought SURELY this honest man must have a plurality of examples to justify his support of Abbott's policy. Especially since he's using such charged language

On 3/16/2022 at 7:44 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Is it surprising?  No.

Is it illegal?  Probably not.

Is it way the fuck out of line?  Yup.

Is it 100% for grandstanding ?  Yup. 

how many “illegals” have they caught?  How much meth and fentanyl have they captured?  How many trafficked children have they saved?  I would think if it was any Aboot would be out here beating his chest about it. 

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

@Johnny Sack can you share with me some of these instances of """child mutilation""" you were referring to in the DT trans athlete thread? You so confidently brought the talking point, I thought SURELY this honest man must have a plurality of examples to justify his support of Abbott's policy. Especially since he's using such charged language

200w (2).gif

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Captainant said:

Well since you asked, let's see what those alt-rights at *check notes* 60 Minutes say.

"Unethical and irresponsible" 

• Fuck You 9

11 minutes ago, Cement said:

Well since you asked, let's see what those alt-rights at *check notes* 60 Minutes say.

"Unethical and irresponsible" 

Champ, I'm asking specifically for evidence to sacks claim of gender transition surgery on an 11 year old.

The story you linked featured a person who had the reassignment surgery at the adult age of 21. Doesn't seem relevant. An adult should have the liberty to decide what to do with their own body, don't you agree?

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Champ, I'm asking specifically for evidence to sacks claim of gender transition surgery on an 11 year old.

The story you linked featured a person who had the reassignment surgery at the adult age of 21. Doesn't seem relevant. An adult should have the liberty to decide what to do with their own body, don't you agree?

image.jpeg.dbe92baa938aebc1c949bb249646d5f3.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Would be nice to see Beto keep Abbott on his heels.

I usually enjoy your sense of humor.  And I know there's a wheelchair slight in your post somewhere but I can't fucking figure it out.  And I'm angry with myself. 

SCREW YOU! 

On 3/17/2022 at 12:55 AM, tx 3 putt said:

Redo%20Texas%20National%20Guard%20Kenedy

Disappointed to find out the King/Kleberg family is Republican.  

I'm digging that "eye chart" sideways "E" or block  "M" on the door.  

Maybe just put the Running W on the Hummers next time.

Or a big "Z"

Edited by Bullneck
  • Rage+1 2

I think it means he's a Bridge Engineer detachment.  Which comes in really handy on the King Ranch with all those raging rapids.  

4 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Disappointed to find out the King/Kleberg family is Republican.  

I'm digging that "eye chart" sideways "E" or block  "M" on the door.  

Maybe just put the Running W on the Hummers next time.

Or a big "Z"

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/11/18/texas-land-commissioner-2022-democrats/amp/

• Hook 'Em 2

So I guess they just parked in front of a King Ranch gate but are not part of the border security/mall cop detachment?  

The article says Kleberg ran for office in 2010 as a Republican, FWIW.

Edited by Bullneck

So Abbott has overseen a foster care system with known sexual abuse of children, and where are all the QAnon people concerned about pedophiles in the government? If there was a time to get outraged at the government for actually failing vulnerable children, there sure is a lot of silence. 

It genuinely sickens me that there will be no consequences for Abbott at the ballot box for that or for misusing the National Guard. For all the voters who fetishize service, you’d think people would be pissed about “operation lone star” or whatever label they gave that unnecessary waste.  

There is no accountability unless it involves the other side of the aisle. Party over values- including the military and children 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

On 3/16/2022 at 3:43 PM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

a lot of people are unhappy and so they look to makethemselves feel better by putting others down and they also want others to be as unhappy as they are.

Oh there are plenty of people who are happy as a clam being hateful towards others. They're called assholes. The world is full of them.

55 minutes ago, kevwun said:

When the 18% undecided break heavily to Abbott, it won't be close.

51 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Yeah, I don’t see TX as having that many undecided. Probably people who just don’t want to admit they are voting GOP. 

why not both.  because it is both.

7% someone else?  That's not nothing, that's statistically significant.  Who the fuck is even left in this race?  I'm guessing the vast majority of that 7% is holding out hope that Huffines runs third party?  Who else could it be.  The Libertarian and Green parties aren't running anyone this cycle.  Tippetts (IIRC) already said he's got the requisite signatures but they're not gonna run an active campaign so they can put donation dollars towards a handful of county commissioner and mayoral races they think they can make a splash in.  You got those two independents still running loud, but they'll total 10-20,000 votes combined.  

But yeah, of that other 11%, 3/4 of that will break for Abbott.  But that 7% for someone else...keep an eye on that number.  I was surprised it was that high, but maybe the troll is just under his bridge---plotting, scheming, he's up to something...of that you can be sure.

On 4/2/2022 at 12:10 PM, Bullneck said:

So I guess they just parked in front of a King Ranch gate but are not part of the border security/mall cop detachment?  

The article says Kleberg ran for office in 2010 as a Republican, FWIW.

No, they were part of the mall cop brigade. The article quotes guardsmen's complaints about being deployed to wealthy and politically connected private ranches. It doesn't quite say that they were all Abbott donors. 

That said, a lot of companies and rich people will donate to both parties' candidates in an election, not to help one in particular win but rather to curry favor with whoever does. 

On 4/4/2022 at 3:06 PM, C-Man said:

Has this been discussed anywhere? I know it's wrong to get my hopes up but ...

WOAH!  THIS IS HUGE!!  This race is tight tight tight like your mom was before I got through with her.

All you card carrying members of the Surly Woke Brigade should sell your house and all your belongings and give all your money to Beto.

This is no time to sit on the sidelines.

This is the most important election in our lifetime and that's not just hyperbole.  

This is the chance to TURN TEXAS BLUE so that we can outlaw fossil fuels, pass infanticide oops I mean abortion on demand, ensure the border is open (well actually Bidens already done that so mission accomplished), tax the shit out of everyone, let the homeless shit anywhere they want, decriminalize shoplifting, and teach 6 year olds how to sex after allowing them to go through taxpayer funded gender re-assignment surgery.

Now is the time to do all you can to send Beto to Austin!  You don't want to be thinking after the election that you could have done more, like that Schindler guy at the end of that Civil War movie.

The governor office is within your grasp so get out there and do all you can do to elect this man as the face of Texas!

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 29

As opposed to the virtual utopia that 30 years of complete republican control has given us? Yep, no problems here thanks to Abbott, Patrick and all the other geniuses leading us. We even made it through a winter without losing power. Pray for a cool summer!

Edited by 4th&Five
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Cement said:

WOAH!  THIS IS HUGE!!  This race is tight tight tight like your mom was before I got through with her.

All you card carrying members of the Surly Woke Brigade should sell your house and all your belongings and give all your money to Beto.

This is no time to sit on the sidelines.

This is the most important election in our lifetime and that's not just hyperbole.  

This is the chance to TURN TEXAS BLUE so that we can outlaw fossil fuels, pass infanticide oops I mean abortion on demand, ensure the border is open (well actually Bidens already done that so mission accomplished), tax the shit out of everyone, let the homeless shit anywhere they want, decriminalize shoplifting, and teach 6 year olds how to sex after allowing them to go through taxpayer funded gender re-assignment surgery.

Now is the time to do all you can to send Beto to Austin!  You don't want to be thinking after the election that you could have done more, like that Schindler guy at the end of that Civil War movie.

The governor office is within your grasp so get out there and do all you can do to elect this man as the face of Texas!

In cement's tiny, warped mind, Beto deserves to be mocked for wearing this shirt because the Texas that cement wants is not inclusive. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

As opposed to the virtual utopia that 30 years of complete republican control has given us? Yep, no problems here thanks to Abbott, Patrick and all the other geniuses leading us. We even made it through a winter without losing power. Pray for a cool summer!

Even Missouri and Oklafrigginhoma have expanded OCare to its neediest citizens while Texas leads the nation in the number of uninsured poor/children. Republican Jesus must be hyena happy and peacock proud.

The argument for saving Rural hospitals in Texas by expanding Medicaid is pretty easy. 24 are gone since Obamacare that could potentially have been saved. Do you want your elderly parents driving 2-3 hours for healthcare?

Do you want a funeral or picked apart by buzzards? 52% of Texans like the idea of buzzards though

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2