The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Thank you.  These are the things I was driving at. One the one hand, "pretty standard," Org1, and Congressman are all clearly within Mueller's sights.  Perhaps Rosenstein's comments were geared in part to quell their rising panic.  Or, take the paranoid view and pretty standard and the congressmen are on their way to the Ecuadorian embassy in London.

3-D chess.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a message intended for more than just the described individuals. We know enough to guess with confidence that "pretty standard" is Stone and "Org1" is wikileaks. I don't know about the congressman. However, there are probably people affiliated with the campaign, and possibly with GOP congressmen, who are reading the indictment today and realizing that Mueller (1) knows more than they expected, and (2) knows more than was disclosed in the indictment. Anyone who was even tangentially connected with the matters discussed in today's indictment is probably a lot more nervous now than they were yesterday. 

Pulling back two potentially very important tweets posted by others from pg 112:

and this one 

First tweet concerns hacking software that verifies voter registration information for the 2016 Election.

Second tweet involves a likely US person coordinating with GRU about information on expected voter turnout - potentially which could be used to adjust the scale of an attack.

What could this all mean???  Think Crosscheck.  This is the software program championed by Chris Kobach which was enlisted by a bunch of States to compare voter registration data with actual votes cast between states.  The purpose is to nullify counting those votes cast presumably by the same person who is registered to vote in more than one state, or potentially appears to have voted in more than one state.  Without changing the 'side' of votes cast, votes could be eliminated by the separate Crosscheck process.  Now imagine if 500k individuals name/SS#/dob/ etc were hacked and "re-injected" into the Crosscheck analysis.  Software could conceivably nullify votes that were legitimately cast and correctly recorded.

And about the "expected voter turnout" discussed with the indicted Russian GRU actors.  This would be important to factor into an algorithm so as to reduce the size of the intervention (minimize detection) while effecting the desired result.  It does no good to Crosscheck out votes if turnout is underestimated.

The above is pure speculation at this point.  It would be very important to know to which states the majority of these 500k voters belonged and which voter registration software was hacked.  If there is a preponderance of WI, MI, PA, FL, NC represented, look out.

Edit: FL did not participate in Crosscheck in 2016 election.  WI, MI, PA, NC did.

Edited by triplehorn

19 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Are you sure the dates are right on this?  Hadn't the server been bleach bit'd well before this?

Combetta told FBI agents that when the use of the server became public in March 2015, he realized he had not deleted an archive of emails on Platte River's server as directed by a Clinton aide four months earlier. He then deleted the files using a software program known as BleachBit, which later complicated efforts to recover the data, according to an FBI report and a source familiar with its findings.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pol-clinton-email-server-testimony-20160912-snap-story.html#

I think the hacking occurred well before Trump made the flippant remark in the press conference in July of 2016.  Largely because the server was not up and running in July of 2016.  Is that right?

12 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Nothing is stopping an investigation into Crooked Hillary, save the absence of sufficient evidence of a crime.  Sessions could seek to indict her tomorrow. That he hasn't done so makes clear there is no case. And I've changed my mind on this — I thought otherwise when Comey cleared her.  But the Trump DOJ not even trying to lock her up speaks volumes. 

Maybe if there had not been as much immunity given, with more of a Mueller style approach instead?  

• Like 1

Apparently, better than some on this thread.

Occam's razor (also Ockham's razor or Ocham's razor; Latin: lex parsimoniae "law of parsimony") is the problem-solving principle that the simplest solution tends to be the right one. When presented with competing hypotheses to solve a problem, one should select the solution with the fewest assumptions. The idea is attributed to William of Ockham (c. 1287–1347), who was an English Franciscan friar, scholastic philosopher, and theologian.

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a message intended for more than just the described individuals. We know enough to guess with confidence that "pretty standard" is Stone and "Org1" is wikileaks. I don't know about the congressman. However, there are probably people affiliated with the campaign, and possibly with GOP congressmen, who are reading the indictment today and realizing that Mueller (1) knows more than they expected, and (2) knows more than was disclosed in the indictment. Anyone who was even tangentially connected with the matters discussed in today's indictment is probably a lot more nervous now than they were yesterday. 

And I guess it's a calculated risk as to whether they become nervous and cooperate, or become nervous and flee the jurisdiction or destroy evidence.  It seems that any that are the subject of sealed indictments could be immediately arrested.

7 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Yep, I'd use the FL bet to cover the risk on the parlay. Given the timing of the request with the debate and deployment of the material, I would wager heavy on Garcia.  The same DCCC info was later used against Garcia by the R, but if it came from an R on Aug 15 it was a total divided dem base play; Garcia's interest is more direct and immediate.  I'm going with Garcia push come to shove. 

I'm starting to think it's not FL-26, or Florida at all. G2 posted documents on multiple Florida districts on the 15th. The indictment indicates G2 "sent" the information to the candidate.  It's possible a candidate, from any state, might have seen the Florida download and then asked G2 if he had information on his opponent. 

https://guccifer2.wordpress.com/2016/08/15/dccc-internal-docs-on-primaries-in-florida/ 

9 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Occam's razor (also Ockham's razor or Ocham's razor; Latin: lex parsimoniae "law of parsimony") is the problem-solving principle that the simplest solution tends to be the right one. When presented with competing hypotheses to solve a problem, one should select the solution with the fewest assumptions. The idea is attributed to William of Ockham (c. 1287–1347), who was an English Franciscan friar, scholastic philosopher, and theologian.

So what you're saying is that an investigation helmed by a career Republican FBI man, a process which has zero indication of being dragged out, especially in the context of other recent investigations of similar scale, is being slow-played to avoid having to launch a 4th (?) investigation of a defeated Democratic POTUS nominee, as opposed to the obvious explanation of today just being another round of indictments (that are piling up like cars on north Texas freeway during the first ice storm of the year).

Gotcha.  Yeah, you really nailed that "simplest solution".

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, zork said:

Maybe if there had not been as much immunity given, with more of a Mueller style approach instead?  

You have it backwards.  Immunity or degrees of it increases the ability to get evidence against the target.  It renders the witness unable to take the Fifth and refuse to answer questions, and if they lie, they lose the immunity.   To the extent immunity was used to try get evidence on Hillary, it only makes stronger the conclusion clearing her. 

And, BTW, Mueller is cutting plenty of deals for serious crimes to get testimony in his investigation.   Papa and Flynn are getting off way easy. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Holy God, you're an idiot.  And I don't mean that you're lacking in intelligence, though you are.  You're aggressive in your stupidity.  You go out and try to learn shit that are too stupid to understand, so you misapply it.  Watching you talk about anything is like watching me trying to expostulate on theoretical physics.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

Whoever the Congressman is should resign immediately if he had any knowledge that he was seeking or getting stolen documents to use against his opponent.   Whether or not he knew Russia was behind it. 

Now wait until we get to the chapter where rubles were knowingly injected into congressional campaigns via straw donors.

4 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Holy God, you're an idiot.  And I don't mean that you're lacking in intelligence, though you are.  You're aggressive in your stupidity.  You go out and try to learn shit that are too stupid to understand, so you misapply it.  Watching you talk about anything is like watching me trying to expostulate on theoretical physics.

Weaponized Stupidity

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

So what you're saying is that an investigation helmed by a career Republican, an investigation that has zero indication of being dragged out, especially in the context of other recent investigations of similar scale, is being slow-played to avoid having to launch a 4th (?) investigation of a defeated Democratic POTUS nominee, as opposed to the obvious explanation of today just being another round of indictments (that are piling up like cars on north Texas freeway during the first ice storm of the year).

Gotcha.  Yeah, you really nailed that "simplest solution".

Hillary has not been seriously investigated for the first time, much less 3 times and of course, delaying until the next election is the correct answer. Obviously obvious. 

• Fuck You 1

In an interview with Time Magazine on Nov. 28, 2016, Trump said of Russia: “I don’t believe they interfered. That became a laughing point, not a talking point, a laughing point.”

After meeting with Putin in Asia, Trump spoke at lengthwith reporters and again cast doubt on Russia’s interference in the 2016 election.

“He said he didn’t meddle,” Trump said. “He said he didn’t meddle. I asked him again. You can only ask so many times. But I just asked him again, and he said he absolutely did not meddle in our election. He did not do what they’re saying he did.”

“Putin said he did not do what they said he did,” Trump added later. “And, you know, there are those that say, if he did do it, he wouldn’t have gotten caught, all right? Which is a very interesting statement.”

Trump continued: “Every time he sees me, he says, ‘I didn’t do that.’ And I believe — I really believe that when he tells me that, he means it. But he says, ‘I didn’t do that.’ I think he’s very insulted by it, if you want to know the truth. Don’t forget, all he said is he never did that, he didn’t do that. I think he’s very insulted by it, which is not a good thing for our country.”

Just now, Dolemite said:

Hillary has not been seriously investigated for the first time, much less 3 times and of course, delaying until the next election is the correct answer. Obviously obvious. 

Once more with feeling, in a seemingly daily occurrence, "Dunning Kruger".  Look it up and misapply it, and we'll all laugh at you . . . again.

20 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I hope it isn't Mast.  A double-amputee Afghanistan war vet is the last face I want to put on this mess.

War vets don't get an automatic pass for using hacked information from an unfriendly regime to win an election. 

15 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

So if the republicans couldn't get it right to begin with, what makes you think they will now?

And why aren't they investigating now?  Who's stopping them?  

18 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

As obvious as 9/11 truther videos?

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

using hacked information from an unfriendly regime to win an election. 

Those hackers were so smart they coerced the DNC into running an unlikable dog-shit candidate who didn't even bother campaigning in and essentially taking for granted her vaunted "blue wall".  Crafty sumbeeches....

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

Those hackers were so smart they coerced the DNC into running an unlikable dog-shit candidate who didn't even bother campaigning in and essentially taking for granted her vaunted "blue wall".  Crafty sumbeeches....

Not the best at following a conversation, are you? 

• Like 1

Just now, BabaYaga said:

If evidence came to light that the razor-thin margins in MI, WI, and PA were actually due to voter suppression and/or manipulation, would you be enough of a patriot to stand up and say "I was wrong"?

I'm guessing the answer is a resounding "no", because HILLARY!

• Like 1

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

If evidence came to light that the razor-thin margins in MI, WI, and PA were actually due to voter suppression and/or manipulation, would you be enough of a patriot to stand up and say "I was wrong"?

I'm guessing the answer is a resounding "no", because HILLARY!

Do you believe that to be the case?  

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

...which leads to the logical follow up question.  Is there a Republican patriot left in Congress?  Just one?

Just now, zork said:

was curious so I asked.

The answer to your question is "I don't know".  What I do know is that Hillary lost 7 swing states that Obama had carried 4 years prior.  She outperformed him in California and Texas.  She clearly has some culpability in those swing states.  But is that the only explanation?  Seems unlikely.  Maybe we'll never know.  I'll never say I think it happened until I see evidence supporting that case, though.

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The answer to your question is "I don't know".  What I do know is that Hillary lost 7 swing states that Obama had carried 4 years prior.  She outperformed him in California and Texas.  She clearly has some culpability in those swing states.  But is that the only explanation?  Seems unlikely.  Maybe we'll never know.  I'll never say I think it happened until I see evidence supporting that case, though.

fair enough.  look deeper into the returns.  she may have done better in CA and TEX, both safe states, but her demographic carries were much different than Obama while Trump out performed Romney and McCain in several demographics as well.  You know that though as it has been discussed endlesslly since the election.

1 hour ago, Jograves said:

If there aren't any Americans charged, we're going to look even more stupid(er). Instead of some evil assholes working with a foreign government to steal an election, a bunch of gullible idiots won the fucking thing. 

Why not both?

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Sure, there were all kinds of differences.  But when 100 electoral votes swing the other way, it's important to look beyond "bitch" and see if there are any other contributing explanations.

We've heard Hillary's opinion on the matter.  It didn't have anything to do with ignoring MI, WI, and PA.  It was Comey. 

Just now, Anastasis said:

We've heard Hillary's opinion on the matter.  It didn't have anything to do with ignoring MI, WI, and PA.  It was Comey. 

It was all a Perfect Storm of events. If one thing was delayed or did not happen, the election turns out different. Forget the FBI or Russian meddling, it could have been the release of Access Hollywood tape. Image that bomb dropped a week later.

• Like 1