The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

9 hours ago, ADHD said:

Top of the crime pyramid is Trump.

Mueller can't get the Russians, so who is he trading up for? He's absolutely going after Trump.

You know, maybe it's a very bad idea to be so viciously and childishly insulting to people on Twitter. Just maybe that's what takes Trump down in the end. His SHIT TALK.

Hillary was right when she said "delete your account". She's not ever going to jail, ever. Trump most certainly is.

That's fucking outstanding and I sincerely hope it works out to where Trump is left a man in ruins.  If the only repercussions for him are being infamous, well, that's no repercussion for a man like Trump at all.  He'll be able to maintain his narcissistic fantasies as a martyr, reinforced by the adulation of that god-awful-what-is-a-word-worse-than-deplorable 35% of us, and still enjoying a reasonably lavish lifestyle shilling for conservative groups.  He'll probably become the President of the NRA.

The end to the story of Donald J Trump needs to make his a cautionary tale.  It needs to evoke this thought in all future criminally hubristic narcissists that might look at the office of the President with desire:  Whatever else they may attain, they never, ever, EVER want to attain the Presidency of the United States.

• Like 1

I can’t even imagine he’s being held in anything other than a barracks type building with other white collar criminals.   He probably has a job cleaning the bathroom and spends the rest of the day watching tv and eating bad food.  I wouldn’t want to do that for 14 days either but not exactly Alcatraz.

Recall those pieces 18 mo ago about the A-team of prosecutors Mueller assembled and their previous areas of expertise?  Note that the Flynn filing yesterday is co-signed by Mueller, Brandon Van Grack, and Zainab Ahmad.  

---> Brandon Van Grack is a prosecutor specializing in national security. He has a background in counter-espionage (read: cases involving spying on U.S. entities).

---> Zainab Ahmad is also a prosecutor with expertise in international and extranational cases (i.e. crimes abroad).  Ahmad has deep experience working with our intelligence operations and with other countries to gather evidence, apprehend suspects and prosecute criminals. 

Part of the Trump campaign quid pro quo for the Russian attack on the US election was lifting sanctions. Flynn's pre-inauguration contact with Russian officials on that matter is what Flynn lied about to the FBI.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Goredho said:

He'll probably become the President of the NRA.

Well, NRA enrollment is down.  Trump as its Prez would definitely get the numbers up from his mouth-breather constituency.  It'll be funny when NRA members ask Donnie what he's packin, and he has to say "Sorry, felons aren't allowed to have guns."

The NRA may cease to exist after the Mueller report is released.  How many gun manufacturers are going to give money to an organization that committed some light treason?  They are going to be toxic and some of the their higher ups may be in prison.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, kevwun said:

The NRA may cease to exist after the Mueller report is released.  How many gun manufacturers are going to give money to an organization that committed some light treason?  They are going to be toxic and some of the their higher ups may be in prison.

You're giving these people way too much credit.  Unfortunately. 

• Like 1

Another thing about the Flynn lying to the FBI re discussing sanctions lifting with Russian officials pre-inauguration is that it appears to relate to reassuring Russians not to retaliate for Obama's sanctions initiated in Dec. '16 for Russian election interference.  The original sanctions negotiations (Trump Tower) tied to Russian hacked email/Wiki assistance related to "adoptions", aka the Magnitsky Act sanctions affecting Russian oligarchs doing business.  It's hard to know how much Flynn was directly tied to the Trump Tower negotiations.

Well, NRA enrollment is down.  Trump as its Prez would definitely get the numbers up from his mouth-breather constituency.  It'll be funny when NRA members ask Donnie what he's packin, and he has to say "Sorry, felons aren't allowed to have guns."

Packing 2 Corinthians, brah. Not just one. Two.
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I don't think so in this case.  The NRA is already hurting financially.  It wouldn't be a shocking if the Mueller Report finishes them off.

I hope you are right. They are a cancer.  

One thing that I think is going to come of this investigation is that there is going to be some or maybe even a lot of downstream carnage.

The NRA is almost exclusively a GOP organ now, so gun ownership is immaterial. Giving aid to a foreign adversary to own the libs.
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I don't think so in this case.  The NRA is already hurting financially.  It wouldn't be a shocking if the Mueller Report finishes them off.

Interesting how far the NRA has fallen. In some (and more) areas it's almost become an asset to say the NRA has given you an "F" rating.

1 minute ago, Asithappens said:

Interesting how far the NRA has fallen. In some (and more) areas it's almost become an asset to say the NRA has given you an "F" rating.

No almost about it.  My congressman was actively advertising his F rating from the NRA in the last election.

13 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

No almost about it.  My congressman was actively advertising his F rating from the NRA in the last election.

The 2018 midterm elections may have exposed a shift on gun control

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/2018/11/7/18072146/midterm-election-gun-control-ballot-initiative-congress-results

Jeffery Toobin made note of this wording in yesterday's Flynn filing. He believes it tells what/who the focus is on.

record of military and public service distinguish him from every other person who has been charged” in the investigation, but added that “senior government leaders should be held to the highest standards.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

2 hours ago, triplehorn said:

Recall those pieces 18 mo ago about the A-team of prosecutors Mueller assembled and their previous areas of expertise?  Note that the Flynn filing yesterday is co-signed by Mueller, Brandon Van Grack, and Zainab Ahmad.  

---> Brandon Van Grack is a prosecutor specializing in national security. He has a background in counter-espionage (read: cases involving spying on U.S. entities).

---> Zainab Ahmad is also a prosecutor with expertise in international and extranational cases (i.e. crimes abroad).  Ahmad has deep experience working with our intelligence operations and with other countries to gather evidence, apprehend suspects and prosecute criminals. 

Part of the Trump campaign quid pro quo for the Russian attack on the US election was lifting sanctions. Flynn's pre-inauguration contact with Russian officials on that matter is what Flynn lied about to the FBI.

I hope it is that simple.  I know it goes further than that, but for the sake of getting rid of the dotard, if Mueller can boil it down to that, I don't see how congress doesn't act.

And the public, most of them anyway, can understand it in those terms.

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

CoYgmqqW8AALI4Q.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Trump as NRA president would be fun.

"What kind of sidearm do you prefer, Mr. Trump?"

"Big.  The big one.  Very beautiful, and quite frankly, very very nice.  Very loud, okay.  Many have said that it's probably the loudest.  But nice."

"What rifle do you like?"

"All of them.  V8.  Probably about a thousand hp.  More, probably.  HP means horse power.  Not Hewlett Packard, who had a CEO who was, quite frankly, not very smart.  Grenades." 

• Like 8

A condensed glimpse at the legal long game stemming from the foreign attack on our elections and aiders and abettors of Trump campaign criminality:

How the Mainstream Media Failed the Flynn Story

VV

Spoiler

<THREAD> Failure of the media, and/or complete capitulation to the narrative of foreign and domestic enemies in the wake of the Flynn indictment.

Also, indictment of criminal, seditious, and/or traitorous politicians in the past 48 months. Based on the following: [see image]

Principal thesis: the last 2-20 years of media narrative has missed the point completely. When the Global Mafia came for Democracy's throat, here what our supposed Fourth Estate missed:

In no particular order:

1. The existence of organized crime

2. Systemic corruption of finance

3. Systemic corruption of think tanks and academia

4. Continued operation of former Soviet assets in a new form

5. Continued intelligence operations by Russian nationals using US media under guise of US civil rights

6. Connection of Syrian civil war with European immigration and asylum issues and hostile intelligence operations

7. Rudimentary understanding of finance in any sense

8. Effect of digital media on the trade of journalism itself

9. Corruption of digital metrics to achieve larger goal of information environment subversion

10. Supplanting of career professionals in major media with children of privilege

11. Expanded role of public relations firms and unregistered agents of hostile powers on major media figures including surreptitious, in-kind, and direct compensation

12. The same on political candidates

This dozen is enough. Unless you're crooked. Flynn's fate will expose and change all of this. And then. It'll get *actually* awkward. </THREAD>

2 hours ago, Chooky said:

Trump as NRA president would be fun.

"What kind of sidearm do you prefer, Mr. Trump?"

"Big.  The big one.  Very beautiful, and quite frankly, very very nice.  Very loud, okay.  Many have said that it's probably the loudest.  But nice."

"What rifle do you like?"

"All of them.  V8.  Probably about a thousand hp.  More, probably.  HP means horse power.  Not Hewlett Packard, who had a CEO who was, quite frankly, not very smart.  Grenades." 

Hard to imagine this guy as the president of the NRA.

Image result for trump scared gif

11 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

Hard to imagine this guy as the president of the NRA.

Image result for trump scared gif

You know what.... I would genuinely love to watch Trump fire a gun.  Rifle, pistol, shotgun...really doesn't matter.  He'd look like an utterly clueless dumbass. And I'd laugh at him.  As I always do.  His entire life should be scored with nothing but mocking tuba music.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You know what.... I would genuinely love to watch Trump fire a gun.  Rifle, pistol, shotgun...really doesn't matter.  He'd look like an utterly clueless dumbass. And I'd laugh at him.  As I always do.  His entire life should be scored with nothing but mocking tuba music.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This last one's my favorite.

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

He might even make round 2 of this compilation:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

Wow.

Which district, if I may ask?

It's a very gerrymandered district that has been held by a dem for decades, in the bluest part of a blue state.  I'm sure they're not actively touting this in, say, Texas.  But NRA endorsement is a very definite and large political liability here.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I knew it was a Eric Garland thread before I clicked. 

He has a good analytical perspective but he pisses me off with his arrogance/ignorance sometimes.  

In short, he makes mistakes but lacks the self awareness to acknowledge his own errors.

You probably also noticed he tilts towards paranoid, which is kind of understandable given where his analytical perspective takes him.  

Someone  has to start articulating this stuff.  The refined sources will start reporting on it later once their Green Zone is firmly in place.

6 hours ago, Post Oak said:

I hope you are right. They are a cancer.  

One thing that I think is going to come of this investigation is that there is going to be some or maybe even a lot of downstream carnage.

If you’re a gun manufacturer, do you want to spend money with the NRA at this point, knowing that really bad stuff is probably going to come out?

If they’re already having to lay off people and cut back on tiny costs such as free coffee or whatever it was, they’ve got serious problems and it wouldn’t take much to push them way down at this point. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the CEO and others at the executive  level have to take a pay cut pretty soon to help keep them going.

Edited by atomheartbevo

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

26 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Get a rope.  I'd love to see a public hanging (no Cindy Hyde Smith) for these traitors on the National Mall when the cherry blossoms bloom.

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I can't keep up with all of these people, so I googled Erickson. Wikipedia

He is the connection for Russian money to the NRA to Trump. His history is a study in scumbaggery and likely scumbuggery. 

I think that NRA connection, if proven, will bring down many GOPs.

Is that not just the regular FARA violation statute?

The most remarkable thing to me in the Mueller investigation is how Jared Kushner has managed to fly under the radar throughout all this.  Kushner is in the middle of almost everyone of these tentacles. 

Digital operation with Cambridge Analytica 

treason meeting in Trump tower 

secret Kremlin backchannel 

dirty Russian money 

Kushner Kushner Kushner

That damage control PR firm he hired a year ago must have been money well spent.